main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    B-but there's nothing scarier than old men in jetpacks shooting at kids in jetpacks.

cwustudent likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Except for old men who are nearing a century old electcuting a 23 year old.

3. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    A good villain should, initially, be more powerful than the hero. He should prove to be a close-to insurmountable challenge for the hero to defeat. We need a good, strong conflict for a great plot, and as villains, they have to deliver that.
    The point is, the villain must be better than the hero and force him to reach deeper within himself and work harder to achieve his goal of defeating him. Simply put, a weak villain leads to a weak plot.
    If Saxon weaker, slower and dumber than Sabine he is just wortless canon fodder villain just like the Inquisitors...

podjazd and fett 4 like this.
  4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I get what your saying. We have Thrawn and he's certainly going to be formidable for the Ghost Crew. Don't forget he let them get away because he's waiting for the right moment to strike.

Sabine will hopefully have a tough time with Saxon. Like having to work hard to beat him.

5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

Interesting use of phrase that he's going to be and Sabine will hopefully. Not is formidable or will have a tough time.

Regards letting them get away. Both Vader and the GI have done that already

CloneofVader likes this.
  6. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    We've only seen Thrawn in one episode and haven't seen Imperial Commandos yet.

7. CloneofVader

Apr 5, 2016
    Sabine already trick and beat him in trailers and previews.
    And Thrawn manage to let rebels live another day twice already... Just like Vader(alright he want rebel fleet. Let them go but kill force wielders atleast.) and Grand Inquisitor who can just ambush and kill Ezra before he can free Kanan...
    Rebels writing ... [face_thinking]

8. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    CloneofVader

We wouldn't have much of a show if they killed them all right away. Sabine knows her enemy, she was at the imperial academy remember? She knows how Mando Imperials work better then most. Plus tricking others in combat is fair game. He works for the Empire after all.

Thrawn let them live twice yes, but that's because he has a bigger picture in mind for how to deal with them as a whole. He will tear them apart piece by piece.

9. CloneofVader

Apr 5, 2016
    We shall see...
    But remember cliche is the enemy of good writing. Evil Mastermind let heroes go because reasons are most common one.

podjazd, Theo333 and fett 4 like this.
  10. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

Especially when it's already been done twice

podjazd likes this.
  11. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Well I'm happy the show is getting darker at any rate. Now that's it's at a later time period they can start focusing on darker tones this season.

Is anyone else expecting a Maul mention in the next episode? Saxon was one of his Lieutenants in the Son of Dathomir comics.

12. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Many episodes later.........

Imperial officer: Thrawn....you let them escape again.....WHY?

Thrawn: Their escape......it was so artistically done....I had to let them go. Besides don't question my superior judgement. I have reasons for what I do.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It's a cliche/Trope that SW uses all the time

14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well to be fair, Sabine did not have a tough time with the Protector's(nor did Kanan), and she turned out to make very short work of Fenn where this character was basically more bark than bite and this guy is set up to be this big timer and experienced veteran ect. So not sure how much of a big deal Fenn is, unless of course they use only when characters are or turn "good" are they a big deal to coincide with plot and stuff. Fenn was also basically shanghaied, black mailed and held in servitude to serve the Rebels in Season Two, so will this character like Kallus apparently has become, a goody little two shoes at the drop of Gilroy's ink as well? We shall see soon.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  15. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Fenn being shanghaied reminds me of an interesting question; considering Saxon and his men must have been part of Maul's forces in the Seige of Mandalore, how exactly did they end up becoming Imperial surrogates? I mean, Fenn's made his men support the Rebels because a) he's worried about them being replaced by the Galactic Empire, who Saxon was possibly still fighting for a short time around Order 66 as the Republic, and b) the old "beat me, master me" honor code, and it sounds like Saxon's honor is doubted by many Mandalorians.

Did Saxon betray Maul and join Republic forces before the scotch to Empire, thereby seeming to be an opportunist first and foremost? Or did he and his men surrender to the Empire and follow their new masters' commands so unflinchingly that regular Mandalorians can point to them as a parody of the honor code; starting a war and plunging their civilization back into conflict that they were avoiding, only to then lose and get their world conquered?

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I think both options are likely knowing Rebels. I am curious if Maul has plans to revisit Mandalore or if he's conveniently done with them because the writers have other ideas. They never get too intricate either on this show in story or character development.

Death Watch as an organization does seem to operate at all as if driven from Concordia and Mandalore completely following the loss and disappearance of Maul, unless they reform following whoever wields the Darksaber, or they reform following the events of Rebels if Mandalore becomes de-Imperialized. We do know sometime after ANH Death Watch survivors are mentioned as basically being mercenaries contracting themselves out for work or whatever. If Sabine somehow survives and retakes Mandalore from the Empire there does not appear any sorta connection, perhaps she has more with the Protectors and Nite Owls(if she joins up with Bo-Katan(who is supposed to be on this show at some point) - or even just the generic people who's loyalty waxed and wanned depending on who was speaking to them. But I would guess New Mandalorians that lived under Satine's regime still have to be around, unless they became completely brainwashed by the Empire but I can't really imagine the Republic can be loved seeing that Mandalore was laid siege to. Last we saw of the regular people they were pro-Death Watch and Bo-Katan was carrying out terrorist and insurgent actions same or similar to as what Death Watch did to the New Mandalorians under Satine prior to them coming to power.

Rau was part of the Republican forces at war with the Separatists and Death Watch during the events of TCW. Him becoming a salaried(all soldiers get paid anyhow) Imperial enforcer or auxiliary makes sense since the Republic is the Empire. On the show he did not seem to have any qualms with them taking over and controlling Mandalore nor killing off the Jedi. Mandalore became some kinda providence where some of its best recruits came from I am guessing, there is some limited independence on Concord Dawn home of the Fenn and his Protector outfit . His outfit looked very small, it was limited to that camp apparently. Both he and Saxon have to be allies as they both serve(d) the Empire following the collapse of the Death Watch regime. We don't know about Almec or Bo-Katan yet.

Saxon could've betrayed Maul & Death Watch even before Mandalore, as apparently someone was betraying his Shadow Collective forces during the end of Son of Dathomir, all of a sudden Separatists were hitting them on all fronts while Saxon was away from Maul and Kast. Also for some reason Sabine and her friend were a part of Black Sun or always dreamed of joining them which is kinda odd if the Black Sun went independent already by the end of SOD and formed a loose alliance with the Empire a short time later apparently.. Saxon was supposed to be supervising the Black Sun and the Pykes while Maul and Rook Kast were on Dathomir. We don't know what happened to him in the later episode arc featuring the Siege of Mandalore.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

That's now a Federal holiday? Doesn't fall on Monday anyhow?

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No its not a holiday, but it is Disney we are talking about.

19. Anakin 99

Anakin 99 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2016
    what the Chances of Katie Lucas Writing some episodes for Rebels I enjoyed her Writing on Clone Wars

20. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I'm so upset there's no new episode this week... Star Wars is on TBS all weekend though, so I can have that one while I play Battlefront or SWTOR at least...

21. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah, I'm hoping for one.

The Mandalorian that I think would be interesting to have come back would be Gorkie Kryze, weird name non-withstanding. As the last blood relative of Duchess Satine to have actually respected and loved her, I think he could make a nice foil/counter-point to all the war-focused Mandalorians we've seen so far in the show.

22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

Korkie. Not gorkie.

Bo-Katan is apparently coming back in the second half of season 3. Her voice actress mentioned she recorded some stuff for Rebels. So Korkie coming back is probably a given.

23. Base Delta Zombie

Base Delta Zombie Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2015
    Slim I'd say seeing as how she is George Lucas's daughter and that might be awkward to say the least.

24. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    You mean that homewrecker who tried to flirt with Anakin in AOTC?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

25. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Well Saxon's Maul style Super Commando armour is superior.