main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. What Are The Odds

What Are The Odds Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2016
    Could be flashbacks.
    Everything about Bendu doesn't make sense. The way he lives, talks and looks. Looks more like a medieval fantasy character.

2. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Not with the Ghost crew, these guys are omnipotent. There's no way 1 of the main cast is going to die in Disney Cartoon

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    It's not like Disney has never killed main characters before. Remember Mufasa?

Edit: I feel like Kanan is going to get killed off eventually though. The season is way darker then the last.

MandaloreRex2015 and fett 4 like this.
  4. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    When Mufasa dies, the weight of that responsibility becomes very real. Furthermore, Simba is convinced that he caused Mufasa's death. This scene sets up the conflict that Simba must resolve in order to develop fully as a character. He must make the decision to return home and take his place as the king of Pride Rock. In order to do this, Simba must recognize his strength as a leader and let go of his guilt.
    And Filoni can't even kill Ahsoka... Another ambiguous ending ... So... I guess Rebels bad writing have nothing to do with Disney influence...

podjazd, Erkan12, SilentGuy66 and 2 others like this.
  5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Matthew McConaughey spoke for all of us on that subject

Regards Kanan dying. Though I don't think it will happen, I do think both he and Ezra have to die. They didn't need to make Ezra have Force powers. They could have kept Kanan for the Lightsaber fights etc but then they wouldn't have had to tie themselves up in knots (that don't work) to explain Ezra.

6. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Filoni never said Ahsoka was dead or alive. He just left it up to the fan interpretation at this point. But yeah, I get the whole Mufasa thing. The point I was trying to make is that Disney does kill it's main characters. It had nothing to do with the writing of the show or the Lion King movie.

I get what your saying. I feel like Ezra will end joining Maul at some point. Who knows, maybe he ends up killing Kanan on the show?

Vialco and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  7. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Whether Disney does it or not doesn't really matter. They don't write the show.

8. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Agreed. Before Rebels came about, one the things I enjoyed about Luke's character was the whole "first of the new". Sure he became the last Jedi, but originally he was the first of a new generation to become a Jedi. With Ezra though, we get an active Jedi only 2 years before ANH who also never a prequel era Jedi. Not only that but he has grown powerful, from helping the rebellion, fighting Inquisitors. Even surviving (unfortunately) encounters with Vader. It makes Lukes journey less unique. Disney should have stuck to "No new Jedi in dark times" with Kanan being the sole Jedi of the show. No need to copy TCW formula of master and apprentice.

What Are The Odds likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Its Starwars which is Fantasy and Sci Fi so anything goes really. :p

Erkan12 likes this.
  10. CloneofVader

Apr 5, 2016

This preview(5.11). Looks like Imperials will be humiliated one more time. I mean Empire fully control the planet and still they can't do anything against three terrorists...
    I wonder how the Empire can control the Galaxy with army and navy like that...

11. What Are The Odds

What Are The Odds Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2016
    I think the problem is that someone in the group wants them to look incompetent. It almost looks like some kind of silly personal crusade. Despite being terrible shots in the OT, when stormtroopers entered any scene, one simply felt immediate Imperial presence. Sure, the main characters had plot armour, but the Empire did feel dreadful (at least by the 70's standards). And I have a feeling they're dragging the same SWR concept of weak stormtroopers to Rogue One.

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Darker? This season has been almost 100 percent filler with no darkness of any kind if we don't count threatening music when Thrawn talks (that's all he does at this point at least) ok that one guy in Wedge-episode didn't get to join rebellion because he died. Sure they are going to have something bigger with Maul and Thrawn at the end of the season but we will see if anything actually dark happens to anyone.

At this point it feels like they are going nowhere with this show- I hope I'm wrong. Maybe they want people to go and see Rogue One so they save the better stuff after xmas. But then again this show is aimed for younger audience than the movie so it shouldn't really affect contents of this show. Now it just feels they are coming up with random ideas and make a bunch of predictable filler episodes where nothing really happens in the end. Enemies are harmless and objectives are mostly boring (get random stuff, save some people who are not even in real danger because enemies are so inept). Even planets they visit are just plain and forgettable (or only seen from space).

Not sure if this show is getting worse or is it so that I've seen enough of this entire concept of "rebels" in this format. I am quite excited about Rogue One now- there is kind of rebels I want to see more- I'm not that interested to see where rebels get their bombs and fighters from and how, but what they actually do with them.

13. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Am wondering if Visions and Voices will be any good or another meh.

14. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This exactly, this season has been filled with episodes with no rewatch value. And even if things do happen, the episode was so dull that it feels like nothing has been happening. We're just watching the Ghost Grew go from one life and death situation to the other with no real consequences, they're absolutely invincible. Kanan's blindness is not an hindrance anymore, Ezra's dark side arc just stopped, only red shirt Rebels die and the Empire is a joke.

Theo333 likes this.
  15. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    8-10 episodes in, and already skipping ahead on DVD isnt good.

16. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    Star Wars has always been fantasy, and the Nightsisters in TCW should have put a final nail in the coffin of the "Star Wars is science-fiction" concept.

That's the Star Wars formula, not the TCW formula.

The Wynkathu Job was a good episode. Actually suspenseful despite the funny premise, the door hole gag was the best gag ever made in the series, and as a setup episode for the big attack on Lothal, it worked better than the recruitment of Wedge. I really liked Zeb as the one in charge of the mission, he was very no-nonsense and serious and didn't let Hondo step on his toes. And finally, Hondo gets some comeuppance : no profit made, only one crew-member left (whom he has to share with Azmorigan) and Ezra getting a bit more suspicious of him.

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Nightsisters magicks- stuff was not my favorite really- it was weird addition to Star Wars IMO. Makes jedi and sith look less "magical" when there exists magic other than the Force (or they use Force in a weird way that makes them to look too different- still don't know which one was supposedly source of their magicks- sure it seemed to be force-related somehow)

Bendu- well he was an alien with fantasy like appearance but he didn't use weird magicks- just the Force he seed differently. Old trilogy had ghosts and Yoda is also very much like some goblin or dwarf from fantasy. I see no reason why such alien being could not exist in SW-world. (Yoda doesn't talk weird huh?) Nightsisters however could've been more like their EU-versions IMO

18. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    The thing with Rebels is that most of the episodes seem to be filler aside from the premieres and finales. I feel like both seasons 2 and 3 failed to deliver on all the hype that the trailers gave out. Season 1 was probably the best, while it wasn't brilliant, it still had the bonus of being a new series and the hope of going in a better direction like TCW did, but 3 seasons in I would say that certainly isn't the case.

However while the Wynkathu Job wasn't a very good episode, I would like to point out that it did fix some of the minor flaws of the series so far, one being the Ugnaught getting the better of Hondo which really pleased me because I feel like Hondo can be over done at times, so I'm glad to see that Rebels will let other Scoundrel characters look cool too. I also appreciated Azmorigan more in this episode, him working with the Rebels was more interesting than seeing him get so easily defeated by them like he did in past seasons.

Back to the main point though, we really need much more competent developed villains, more interesting plots and outcomes and we need to see many more deaths, even if they are just random troops and red shirts.Star Wars is supposed to not hold back on the causalities I also really feel like we need to see Bounty Hunters, especially Cad Bane (maybe he is just too badass for Rebels), but seeing Bounty Hunters appear would be much more fun and rewarding over another goofy Hondo episode

As for Thrawn, it is getting very silly now, it seems very convenient that he lets the good guys get away all the time for the tone of the show, it doesn't seem like a good strategy to me at this point.. .

19. CloneofVader

Apr 5, 2016
    I just hope no one get captured in the next episode.(like in last one or any other episode in this season[face_waiting])

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Fixed.:p

21. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Almost unlimited resources

22. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    The POWAH the Rebels are dealing with...is immeasurable

podjazd likes this.
  23. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I am aware it's a Star Wars formula, I mentioned TCW though because I believe the master and apprentice relationships in TCW influenced them to have one in Rebels. Still I stand to the belief that Rebels would have been better if it focused on sole Jedi Kanan. Make the show stand out more, more Jedi time focused on Kanans character. There would also be no issue with a non-jedi Ezra suviving rebels. I prefer an Ezra that has to learn how to help the rebellion without using the force.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    The next one looks like it's just Kanan and Ezra back on Lothal.

25. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Ryder is back as well. Wonder if he'll cross paths with Maul could be interesting haha.