main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    spoilers from the new episode:
    So apparently the rebels are planning to team up with another cell to attack Lothal, which cell do you think that will be? It could be Dodonna's cell, since they gave them Y-wings, and I think the writers hinted we would be seeing X-wings these season. There's also the possibility it could be Cham Syndulla and his forces, or maybe even Saw Gerrera and his partisans, who also have X-wings.

2. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011

I can imagine him giving a simpering little speech to a group of zombie bugs and soothing-voice Karina.

Star Wars Rebels is truly a cartoon and not in the good way.

Vorax and cwustudent like this.
  3. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    This Geonosis stuff is probably to tie into Rogue One directly.

4. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I LOLed when Ezra threw Kallus. So my boyfriend just became very interesting, and now I'm worried he'll pay with his life! :_|

Interesting, the secret weapon is a new TIE...

5. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015

Well, in the R1 trailers, Saw's been to **** and back psychologically, and has lost both of his lower legs. A bit role as a survivor of an unsuccessful attack would fall in line well. I doubt this impending attack will be a stunning success, because Thrawn. If it's Hera's dad instead, I think we'd end up with a sad character death. Dodonna would be the least emotional choice, but certainly would be a good ally; he's competent, level-headed, etc.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    If Lothal is so important than why no elite Stormtrooper units something akin to Clone Force 99 or Scar Squadron or something like crack Imperial Navy commandos guarding important military bases and assets from well organized rebel infiltrators and terrorism and known Jedi operating in and out've Lothal. Why does the Empire need slave/forced labor for during peacetime and the heyday of the new Empire when droids would be better suited for the task or actual paid workers and techs. With a Jedi Temple discovered why no Inquisitors stationed on Lothal and known hotspot of recent Jedi activity and Jedi led rebel insurgency. Strange storyline.

What Are The Odds likes this.
  7. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    My immediate thought is that the problems are based on the almost *enforced* inefficiency of the Imperial System; the PT and OT almost imply that the Republic Pre-Empire might honestly be a far better war machine than its successor state, especially if we remove the successor state's technological advantage. Clone Troopers are clearly superior soldiers compared to Stormtroopers, seem to even have had better armor(!), and fight under either experienced officers following a clear chain of command or under Magic Space Wizards, all with massive and encouraged technological development that actually embraces variety (V-Wings, ARC tri-wings, Y-Wings) and seeks to maximize every advantage. The Empire, in contrast, has a deliberately muddled and contradictory hierarchy with multiple clashing intelligence agencies, a Dark Triumvirate that is fine with infighting both below itself and among itself, and a dogmatic adherence to resource exploitation along only certain lines (thus the seeming monopoly of TIE fighters and the lack of innovation seen among Imperial craft).

And we see that the political scene even seems to encourage tyranny and pettiness over competence; Governor Pryce is far from the only Imperial politician who seems to have actually been rewarded for being strictly self-serving, and Thrawn has to put up with that idiot on Ryloth who seems absolutely the least appropriate officer for his job. Slave labor may be encouraged as a way of controlling and occupying the populace so they don't start organizing against their utterly incompetent leaders. And as for why no Inquisitor's aren't stationed there... the Grand Inquisitor seems to have been the only fully trained and educated member of his ministry, and even his position in comparison to other Imperials seems highly dubious. Palpatine doesn't want skilled Force users outside of himself and Vader; the Inquisitors are deliberately undertrained and undermined, so of course they won't do something logical like have them stationed at a Jedi temple. They might learn something if they did.

DurararaFTW and Master_Rebado like this.
  8. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Maul next week !!!

cwustudent and Master_Rebado like this.
  9. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    ^^^ indeed

Seizing power is never as easy as holding onto it.

Iron_lord and Zejo the Jedi like this.
  10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Next week episode looks great. This is probably where I'm gonna jump back into Rebels; reddit also had spoilers (ish) for an upcoming two part special, which seems like the Rogue One tie in.

11. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    So I'm hoping Thrawn totally lays waste to the Rebel fleet while Ezra goes gallivanting with Maul. Would make for a hell of a midseason finale.

After this, the show really needs to kick it into high gear like TCW did with Witches of the Mist. Though I'd honestly say we're off to a better start than TCW.

podjazd likes this.
  12. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    So I don't think I'm alone in my opinion that this Season so far has been very lacklustre and unimpressive for the most part. The overall quality and thought put into each episode seems to be going down. Could this have anything to do with Floni's promotion? We know that Filoni takes this stuff very seriously, but with his promotion he probably doesn't have nearly as much time to work on Rebels as he used to, and I think we're seeing that in the various plot holes and lower quality writing. Have we heard anything for Filoni lately? Does the guy still write Rebels episodes or has he moved upwards to oversee more things?

fett 4 likes this.
  13. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I think that Thrawn uses Kallus to feed wrong information to the rebels and set a trap for Phoenix Squadron. Since I don't see them killing the main characters I think Sato is in danger then. As well as Kallus who would seem like a double agent and rebels would not trust him anymore.( Part of me hoped that Kallus would've actually been double agent all along in Inside Man but that would be too good writing for this show and i was clear that was not the case.

Maybe Thrawn attacks their base and destroys it at least. Also want to see Cham Syndulla killed at some point.

Geonosis? Interesting.

14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I disagree with you partially. Some of the problems the show has started back in s1 and carried on into S2 when Filoni was around. While the whole ignoring what came before and expecting the audience to just except it scenes (Thrawns name said in awe by the Ghost Crew), he's been doing since TCW.

I think it's a problem of the style of the show and the specific age range it's geared too. Where as TCW was family friendly for all ages, this seems specifically geared to young age only. It's episodes are essentially the same (infiltrate, escape Imperial complex) and everything is always resolved in the episode itself. Well except for Thrawns so called "Plan" Though That feels like a writers cover for his continued failure rather than an actual plan.

Overall I think it misses George Lucas.

I think Jeremy Jahns captures it best in what's good and what's bad about the show in his S2 review

Jedi Knight Fett and cwustudent like this.
  15. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I think that TCW actually suffered from the lack of clear target audience and rebels is being more consistent in this- it doesn't have such a great differences between the episodes as TCW did. Sure I liked TCW more when it was darker but it also had episodes that were extremely childish (most R2-D2 and Jar Jar eps) and show really suffered from it because you never knew what to expect.

Also I think that the fact SW-live action movies are made again so Rebels really went with this younger target audience so movies (adult's SW) can be PG-13 and rebels is aimed for more younger viewers. TCW tried to be both and didn't always do it very well. For example Evil Plans and Corruption were TCW-episodes that were both extremely childish and poorly written for older viewers but too violent for younger viewers so they were suitable to nobody really.

16. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Beware very spoilery images and promo, low quality though.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Your not wrong about some childish episodes but there was enough older episodes around them to make up for that. S5 somehow managed to have both the Droid arc and Maul arc in the same season.

Filoni and the show likes to promise on doing stuff like that but whether through him, or Disney rules, or both, he never really follows through on it.

TCW also had different plots and characters for different episodes as well. For Rebels it's the same group doing pretty much the plot i.e. Infiltrate an Imperial base.

I also feel that the episodic nature doesn't fit with Starwars. It's a saga not stand alone A-team style. Though I appreciate not all feel the same way as I do on all of the above in my post.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks like Maul has updated look as he's wearing armor or a longer gloves on his left forearm.

19. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I wonder if Kanan is killed off.

20. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    FPJr pretty much confirmed he recorded lines for season 4, so I guess not.

21. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    yea, looking closely in the trailer for next week Maul looks to be wearing gauntlet style gloves rather than the cut short wrist gloves. Wondering if slowly he's working his way back to a full wardrobe.

22. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Thanks for sharing those!

I must say, last night, Inside Man reminded me just how beautiful this show has become (except the butt cleavage on Thrawn's forehead). The tone, the plot, the visuals - nearly everything impressed me. And next week surely won't disappoint me in that regard.

CIS Droid likes this.
  23. ShadowLady86

ShadowLady86 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 2, 2015
    [​IMG] Is it just me or this green-phantom looks like Savage!

[​IMG]

24. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015

Can you not see that its Kanan? His masks markings are clearly visible, and so is his beard.
    [​IMG]

What Are The Odds likes this.
  25. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think the apparition possessing Kanan might be Groot.

Pretendalorian likes this.