main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. GalenX_1399

GalenX_1399 Jedi Padawan

Mar 31, 2016
    Can you provide a source? I'm sure you're right, but I haven't seen any of this in the news and everyone seems to assume that this is the last season, at least on disney XD

2. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I remember reading the same thing but can't remember the source. Anyway, after watching the previous episode there is no way that this season ends, well....this is Disney and it still could. I guess until there is official confirmation that a season 4 is going, we might have to assume the worst. The same thing happened with TCW and in the end, I gave myself every excuce to think that they couldn't ended it and they did. Will have to patiently wait for the confo.

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

Didn't Freddie say it in one of his radio interviews or when he was on Twitch?

DarthUncle likes this.
  4. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Yes, he did, and I think he also mentioned it on twitter.

Also, since Rebels is still two years before Rogue One/A New Hope, I think they'd get a bit closer towards that before wrapping it - it might end badly indeed for some or even most of the characters. if so, this episode provides a way that Sabine could survive the mayhem until the Empire has more worrying things on hand than Mandalore.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  5. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Mandalore being important to Dooku & Sidious' plans since TCW and later being the main independent threat and form of organized resistance to his rule under Darth Maul and his Death Watch, any of these warriors rallying behind a strong leader and organizing against the Empire could be a major threat to the stability of the Empire and powerful allies to an organized military resistance that already exists, its very doubtful Sidious would not send in his best troops and Darth Vader to squash any insurrection and rebellion. Or test superweapons on it or whatever.

Only thing about Rogue One and Rebels, is if the rebels have a big victory against the Empire at the finale, then it rather kills the opening crawl of ANH . Even if the Rebels get routed(which one way or the other they're gonna need a new base and need to be mobilized), they still obviously survive, atleast most likely the main leads. Sato and Thrawn both could end up getting killed in the conflict. Sato does not seem like much of a loss at all to the Rebellion, while losing someone like Thrawn is surely a major loss to the Empire. And just who is gonna bail out the fleet on Attolan and/or Ghost crew? Kalani, Bail, Ahsoka, Iron Squadron, Saw, Lando, Hondo, Bo-Katan or other Mandos, Mon Mothma , Admiral Ackbar or Admiral Raddus, Leia , Clones or some combo - so who else is left the Bendu or Kenobi or Maul(these two seem probably not likely but who knows).

Even another season is gonna bring more of pretty much the same thing though, just a mobile fleet fleeing the tyranny of the Galactic Empire and the next big stand is what, Rogue One? And little side missions of self discovery for Kanan and Ezra, not sure how sustainable the formula is gonna be if things do not get shaken up considerably and taken to a new level. Major changes are gonna need to occur for the heroes.

7. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    you know after looking at that interview, it looks like later tonight we will know the future of Rebels

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Even those still had requisite appearances by some of the good guys. I mean both shows branch out a lot, but they always include the main characters in some capacity.

9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    It's arguably the reason why we didn't get to see the outcome of the Vader vs Ahsoka fight.

10. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I hope Kallus survives, bcs I want him to fill the void in the Ghost family.
    Edit: Maybe Kallus and Zeb can bunk together. Ezra can move into Sabine's cabin.

11. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
  12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I hope the next episode is animated entirely in first person perspective. That would be fascinating.

13. CloneWarsFan01

CloneWarsFan01 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2015
    After tonight's episode, I smell Bo-Katan appearing in the season finale aka the way Ahsoka appeared in the end of Rebels Season 1

iPodwithnomusic and cwustudent like this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This! that would be amazing especially because I believe this will be the last episode with Kallus alive.

MandoArtist likes this.
  15. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Interesting what they did with Sabine in this episode. Obviously was done as a way to explain why she isn't in the OT without killing her off but it was planned out well. It's very believable that she would choose to stay with her biological family. I think it was planned out much better than how they tried to explain Ahsoka's absence from ROTS.

16. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I don't think this is the end for Sabine in the show. Rather, the rest of the season.

17. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

Oh I agree she isn't done with the show. But I doubt she will be a series regular anylonger. She'll likely show up for a handful of episodes next season and for season 5 if there is one.

Also now that it is revealed that Rook Kast wasn't Sabine's mother do you think Rook's character will now be limited strictly to the SoD comic series?

We know we will be seeing Bo-Kataan at some point but seeing Rook Kast also seems a little more far fetched now.

MandaloreRex2015 and Vialco like this.
  18. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    So is season 4 a given or not?

19. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    Yes.

The clip with Kallus was awesome. 1st person perspective is something new.

20. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Season 4 is all but confirmed, and I imagine at Celebration they'll have a duel announcement of Season 4 being the final one, and that there's a new series coming after it.

21. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Sabine being connected to a
    Imperial superweapon's creation and her old man being an Imperial hostage/prisoner, and her going to find/rescue him reminds me a lil too much of the Orso's.

draw73 and Snax Rebo like this.
  22. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    I doubt Season 4 will be the last. Pablo has alluded that we'll reach past ANH.

23. CloneWarsFan01

CloneWarsFan01 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2015
    I hope his allusions are true.

GalenX_1399 likes this.
  24. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    Well, he's Pablo. I don't think he'd lie. [face_laugh]

25. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    I seriously hope Rebels doesn't last beyond ANH with two Jedi still running around the galaxy with their lightsabers.

Yeesh.