main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
  2. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Not appropriate.

3. Ryan Hunt

Ryan Hunt Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 11, 2013
  4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  5. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015

High quality dialogue for 3x18

Ezra: "It speaks imperial...that's bad"

[​IMG]

fett 4 likes this.
  6. EzraSnoke

EzraSnoke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2017
    Am I the only who thinks Season 3 could be the last of Rebels?

They could probably drag it out to 4 or 5 seasons if they're just going to pump out filler episodes.

I love anything Star Wars, the expanded universe away from the Skywalker Saga, but at the same time, it seems that the writers of Rebels could do a better job of creating riveting content and stories in themselves. So many of the episodes have neat little easter eggs in them. Cool, but that's not what a tv series is supposed to be about. Rebels "should" be a universe in itself too that can stand on its own two legs story-wise. Episode after episode of characters running little errands back and forth, with barely a risk-reward materialized, traipsing about conquering all. No gripping arcs, where one can emotionally invest into the characters.

If they do return for a season 4, I'd hope each episode is not a beginning-and-end in itself. Fillers. Errands. But that it's like a slow reveal, an actual story being followed that's broken up into 20 episodes. Like a movie-length story, that they then break up into 20 pieces and air weekly, with a cliff-hanger each episode. And the story is actually thought-provoking, more deep-and-meaningful stuff.

Adults watch these SW tv shows, more than kids.

Theo333 likes this.
  7. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Don't be afraid. Season 4 was probably already made or almost complete. I guess voice work for it was over in late 2016.
    Well in my opinion they have a story for about 5-6 episodes. But channel orders full season (22) So they make these lame fillers. Same was with TCW.

8. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    So the shot from the trailer of Kallus inside Ezra's tower wasn't in this episode. Anyone want to guess when that scene will be? Maybe in the episode with Chopper and AP=5 being brainwashed? The finale? Next week? Or did it just end up not being used?

bdh1138 and Ryan Hunt like this.
  9. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Oh yeah interesting. We don't know much about the next two episodes so it could possibly be one of those.

10. Kaitan ISB021

Kaitan ISB021 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    I think this will be part 1 of the season finale, "Zero Hour"....

11. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

If I'm completely honest....I hope that Rebels ends soon. And gets replaced by a better Star Wars show. Rebels is okay, but I honestly think that Lucasfilm and Disney can make a much better show.

12. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Season 3 appears to end with a bang.The unexpected source that will help Ezra will be: Obi-Wan (I hope not), Maul, Bendu, or Mandalorians. I can't see the help being anyone else than what I mentioned. I do like that the Kenobi vs. Maul confrontation isn't the focus of the season finale. We need to focus on the rebellion and characters original to the series.

cwustudent likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Nope they'll be a season 4 I am positive.

14. K1ng_Xeon

K1ng_Xeon Jedi Master

May 30, 2006
    Season 4 is guaranteed at this point. Freddy Prinze Jr even joked about people wondering whether Season 4 is cancelled or not on Twitter. Dave Filoni constantly talks about how he can expand on certain stories or characters in the future on Rebels Recon episodes, though I'm not sure if he refers to future seasons of Rebels or the new TV show; assuming it'll carry on the same story threads or feature the same characters.

MandaloreRex2015 and Vialco like this.
  15. CloneofVader

Apr 5, 2016

Replaced on child channel ? Better let Rebels continue and make new show on adult channel. I personally don't want anymore Y7 Star Wars.

cwustudent likes this.
  16. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

Just replaced in general. I'm not a huge fan of the Ralph MacQuarie design art and the OT themes they keep going back to. The thin lightsabers are a prime example of that. George Lucas himself was really proud of all the advancements he'd made with lightsaber visuals. He loved the way they looked in the Prequels. I'm not sure what he'd think of the resurgence of the thin blades in Rebels.

17. CloneofVader

Apr 5, 2016

I agree. Rebels has this strange obsession in MacQuarie design. Thin lightsabers, Vader, Zeb and even this painting in Thrawn office. But if Rebels is ending it was simply be replaced with another Y7 series(with all kid cliché and dumb useless villians)
    Adult SW series it is something I have waited for a long time. So I hope this new project I keep hearing about will be more mature and premiere in some other channel.

Vialco likes this.
  18. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

It doesn't need to be an Adult SW series, just one that can appeal to all ages, for the whole family. Rebels does not do that, just the younger child range (though it does have the odd episode here and there that does appeal to all). TCW appealed to that whole range and I hope the next series does too.

Starwars was always a Space Adventure for all ages and they need to go back to that. Well that and a return to the serial format which Starwars is rather than the episodic format Rebels is.
    Also to have characters strong enough to stand on there own they don't need to constantly throw characters from other shows/movies at it in order to generate interest.

19. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    It didn't, unfortunately. TCW ran into the issue of losing it's younger fan base, there's a reason it wasn't doing so well financially.

If anything, Rebels is the show that appeals to all ages. It is required by the higher ups to include a couple kid-focused episodes each season, but the majority is actually pretty well suited for everyone.

20. CloneofVader

Apr 5, 2016
    1. I talking about my preferences. Revenge of the Sith tone and overall atmosphere will be perfect for me.
    2. Star Wars is a big universe I believe in experiments. For example Alien was sci fi masterpiece and great horror but Aliens was action movie. Yet both great in their own way. There is a place for a dark adult Star Wars series in my opinion.
    3. Wise words. Rebels is all about TCW and OT cameos and guest appearances. It is hard to find a character from OT and TCW that Ghost crew don't met.

fett 4 likes this.
  21. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

I would argue that is only due to it being the only Starwars show on at the moment which is why it was watched. I would also argue that the reason they throw every Movie/TCW and EU character they can at the show, is to sustain and generate interest in the show, which otherwise would have waned long before.

Jedi Knight Fett and EzraSnoke like this.
  22. EzraSnoke

Jan 25, 2017
    Star Wars: Underworld could be an interesting adult-orientated cartoon. Rather than live action.

Another possibility is Disney exploring the far reaches of the EU. Cartoon series around the time of Bane, etc etc. Taking us far away from the proximity of the Skywalkers.

As I and others have said - a story that can stand on its own two feet, a sector/epoch of the universe showing how big the galaxy is (as everyone always complains about how small a galaxy the movies are, always attached to the Skywalker saga.).

TheMDOSS1313 and fett 4 like this.
  23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

With TFA being an ANH rip-off and the possibility of TLJ being an ESB one and with Han Solo/Yoda Movies etc, it suggests that Disney's priorities are in Milking the franchise rather than telling original stories :(

Jedi Knight Fett and EzraSnoke like this.
  24. EzraSnoke

Jan 25, 2017
    That'll get real old, real quick - especially at the rate they're intending to pump out these movies.

A trilogy once every 10-20 years, though it's based on a small set of characters, a small galaxy; that builds massive excitement (eg, when TPM was announced).

But a movie every year (which don't get me wrong I'm glad for), can quickly lose its luster - especially if it's about the same small set of characters in a universe that's thousands of years deep with other stories and characters.

Disney will realize this in about 3-5 years. The gross will inevitably drop. That's about when they'll be motivated to change.

Unfortunately, there's going to be a Han Solo, then perhaps a Bobba Fett, then perhaps an Obi-Wan spin-off movies, and who knows who else from this cast of characters they decide to do spin-offs of. Maybe Shiv Palpatine as a young'un, dressed in Victorian clothes and curls a la Mr Burns in the Simpsons as he falls into the web of Darth Plagueis. A Chewbacca spin-off. Come on, man! After Han Solo and maybe Obi-Wan, they have to stop that. Start using this "anthology" series for the EU.

As well as cartoons on TV focused on EU characters/epoch.

MandaloreRex2015 and fett 4 like this.
  25. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    The only adult channel I'm aware of that Disney owns is ESPN...which is a sports channel. Unless you want to see Podraces, Shaak Racing, and Droid Football all day, I highly doubt Star Wars will ever be on that channel with the sole exception of movie ads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

MandaloreRex2015 and cwustudent like this.