main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Come again? That's ridiculous.

Sabine has plot armor, just like Ezra has plot armor. She survived two of her own blaster bolts deflected back at her from Vader, one to the chest and the other to the face.

Theo333, Vialco, La Calavera and 2 others like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    What I mean by plot armor is that Hera literally has plot Armor and needs to survive or else Continuity is broken. We really need two terms for these things. I agree with you though.

3. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    That wholly depends on when the series finale occurs. By that logic the only character that cannot survive at this point in the current situation is Kanan, but even then there are outs from him like if he was frozen in carbonite for some reason. Ezra could turn from the light and choose to walk down the darkside path, or go more neutral like Ahsoka. And the list goes on.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes. Every character alive on rebels does not need to die Hera could always be promoted some other way that does not involve Sato's death. Although I think we can both agree that it is better when a story has sacrifice in some way. At the same time even sacrifices don't mean death of a character.
    Star Wars is famous for not killing people and when they do it might not last.

5. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    You're missing the point: your logic is flawed for how they don't have plot armor.

The theme of sacrifice has been virtually non-existent in this season, and is a separate issue.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well this is circular I agree with you they all have plot armor or at least the main cast anyway.

7. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    It's not circular when you change your stance from they don't have plot armor to they do have plot armor, that means you conceded the point.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Sure. Whatever floats your boat. But to make this clear when I said that Sabine had no "plot armor" I meant in the context of her not having to be alive for Canon to be upheld, of course in the show she won't die because this show relies on its core cast to much to lose one forever. The core cast has all demonstrated their plot shield in various ways. Like as you mentioned Sabine getting shot by Vader or Kanan getting blinded and subsequently "regaining" his sight. Hera being able to jump to hyperspace after she and her ship were almost completely toast...it goes on of course. So I think we both had a misunderstand I used the term plot armor wrong and you thought I did not think Sabine had any which I can see why. Seeing as that's what I said.

(Sorry If you can't understand this. Dyslexia is no help on the internet.)

9. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Nope.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Correct. Glad we finished that up in an orderly fashion.

Anyway back onto Rebels and the Season. Does anyone find it weird that Price has continued to follow the rebels into battle when there are way more important things for her to do like Govenor Lothal?

11. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    As for the "Sabine is Mary Sue" discussion I just wanted to point to Out of Darkness and Protector. In the first we had a typical teenager who disobeyed orders behaved well... like Ezra ;) and only learned to trust but not the full way. And Hera helped her (even if she lied abou some stuff)
    In the second one we had again a teenager full of anger and guilt. If not Kanan it could have ended really bad.

Those are two of my favourite episodes and yes in s3 Sabine looks better and stronger but she had her way. And previous seasons created her from the girl to the woman we saw on Krownest, just like Kanan said. She's not a child anymore.

MrDarth0 likes this.
  12. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I'd like the series to end with the Battle of Scarif from the Ghost's perspective.

13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Don't bait other users.

14. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    What I said was true, and I believe you know it. I know you like to keep everything pretty copacetic here in the TV fora, but you missed the point to do anything about it by about four hours, and JKF and I already shook hands over it via PM.

I find it hilarious that my post was modded.

15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I didn't see that post until now. I don't only mod in this part of the forum but over in SWC as well, and I wasn't able to check in much yesterday.

What you said was baiting. If you want to discuss this further you can PM me. This isn't the place for this discussion.

16. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    What's the point? I know how the discussion is going to go, as I've PM'd about the exact same thing in the past yet you're one of the few mods on this board that see fit to jump into a debate and mod in such a fashion. Not only that, but it's done to one side and not both sides.

17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah, I'm going to stop you right there. I mod when users break the rules, and you did above by baiting. You can either take it to PM where we can discuss this, but we are not going to continue it here. I'm not going to repeat myself as I've already explained myself above in regards to your post.

18. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Unfortunately I think that this is what will happen to one Interdictor, at least. We see Ezra on it with a lighsaber and it seems he will take it down by himself by sticking his lighsaber in the engine from outside to destroy the whole Interdictor (we see it exploding, cut in half or almost)... to let the Rebel fleet escape...

19. EzraSnoke

EzraSnoke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2017
    Apologies for what I am about to re-write. Some/most people might be tired of this idea, feel I am utterly wrong. But, I think until proven false, it is a valid theory....

--------

Ezra was created for a specific purpose story-wise, not just for Rebels, but for SW in general; bridging between pre-OT and post-OT. He cannot have been created with such intent and focus, in a series touching the OT so much, to merely die or become an unknown Jedi Master / Sith by the time the OT hits top gear. He must be Snoke.

It is the only AVAILABLE character/story arc for him. Because in the OT, there's no mention whatsoever of Ezra (obviously), so to create this new character into canon MUST be related to the ST. Seeing as the ST and Rebels are concomitant, written alongside each other. People think he might be Del Toro's character. But imo it is Snoke.

Also, thinking of it in the reverse of Anakin's story. We first saw Vader, and then in the PT we already know who this little boy is, and who he becomes. More retrospective. So it's like Lucas Film are doing the reverse of that. Creating the story of a boy, we follow along his adventures, never knowing who he really is/becomes.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  20. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Nice theory, but I still think it is Chopper.
    Rebels is quite cheap show. And they have only few imperial models. Or maybe Tarkin order Price to help Thrawn until rebels treat is gone. Think about it, one of the most famous jedi terrorists came from Lothal, and even some random rebels heard about Ghost crew. So Price need to wipe them out or she might suffer Tua fate. It also important for Tarkin since, Rebellion mostly located and operated in his domain. So he and all his system governors must prove the Emperor their worth.

21. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
    All of the main cast of Rebels are "mary sues".

Me personally I can't get invested in a story and it's characters where there are no stakes involved.

He was created for specific marketing reasons, not story reasons.

Really Rebels and Clone Wars should be decanonized, put them on the same level as the Freemaker adventures. That's where they should sit.

Theo333, Vana, Vialco and 1 other person like this.
  22. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    That's not likely to happen. Lots of people love both of these shows.

daniel brown likes this.
  23. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    Especially TCW. Best part of Star Wars canon for me.

24. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    The duel is beautiful in slomo. It was so short...I wish they had done it in slomo.

[​IMG]

Best frame:

[​IMG]

25. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Cue mortal combat voiceover: FATALITY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk