main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    I like TCW but Dark Horse Republic Series was much better. One of the best SW comics ever. + Best Dooku portrayal. Too bad it was just a legend now...
    [​IMG]

2. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    I've been considering reading these. Is there a certain order to read them? Sorry for going off topic.

3. Kaitan ISB021

Kaitan ISB021 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    YES! I've been wondering why Pryce has been bopping around the galaxy for ages now. Why the heck was she brought with Kallus to Skystrike Academy on Montross? Doesn't she have a problematic planet with an active rebel cell to take care of? Obviously she wasn't successful at Skystrike, yet she's been involved with major battles chasing the rebels around. Her record's about as spotty as Kallus's at this point. But now she's in Thrawn's inner circle with Col. Yularen? Yeah.

I have mostly found her annoying, thanks in part to the above, and to the way in which she's fallen into some of the stereotypical ways that "tough women" are represented (shrill and unappealing and ineffective)--but in Through Imperial Eyes, when she totally shut Kanan down, I laughed aloud. I know I'm not "supposed" to like her (character), but I haven't until now appreciated her characterization. I'll be interested to see how she is in the finale.

4. CloneofVader

Apr 5, 2016
    Here you go:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Republic

daniel brown and cwustudent like this.
  5. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I should mention that, while that list is complete, there are essential stories that aren't included. Dan, you could probably skip Shaak Ti, but not the other three issues.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi:_Mace_Windu
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi:_Shaak_Ti
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi:_Aayla_Secura
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi:_Count_Dooku

Well, back to Rebels S3.

daniel brown and CloneofVader like this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It almost looks like Obi Wan cut his face, but he didn't because you know he talks again.

7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Preview images
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MrDarth0 likes this.
  8. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    Thrawn at the last one [face_laugh] Idk why but the animation of his face looks pretty strange at this moment.

9. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Man....imagine if Mandalor gets Tarised because of their resistance against the empire. It would be a good explanation in why they don't show up on the Rebellions side in the OT era.

missile likes this.
  10. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Just cause they weren't there doesn't mean they aren't around. It would be interesting though, but would probably upset a lot of people.

Mia Mesharad and ChefCurryWindu like this.
  11. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005

It seems it is a flash-back, or in a way he discovered that Kallus/Fulcrum was sending his secret messages to the rebels from Ezra's old tower on Lothal.

I wonder if the message the Rebels receive in the preview from Fulcrum is a fake, made by Thrawn, from that same device he discovered.

12. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    "I hope the villains kill the heroes" is a sentiment that should be rarely invoked in a Good vs. Evil show, but here we are...

13. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Just the villains eventually kill Kanan as Ezra, none of the other heroes of the ghost crew need to fall.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  14. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005

No, it's "we would like some credibility in that show, so why not see at least one hero die or get hurt? it's war after all."

That's really different.

15. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Pretty much. It isn't so much that I want to see the villains kill the heroes, nor do I think that's the general sentiment of most of the posters on this board, but rather we'd rather see the cost of the rebels' efforts reflected and not just through nameless rebel pilots, officers, or soldiers biting the dust.

16. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    What I care about most is that the Jedi receive their end soon.
    I can see the rest walking around "slightly off screen" in the time of the OT because they really aren't that big a deal in terms of the greater rebellion.

But the two Jedi with them? That's bound to draw attention, and is not something I can sit ideally by and ignore when I know Luke is out trying to make sense of this "Jedi thing" by himself only a couple years from now. To say nothing of him being the "Last of the Jedi" which I simply do not feel like rehashing in debate again.

17. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004

Just stick them on Alderaan.

Wipe them out.

ALL OF THEM.

Son of a Bith likes this.
  18. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016

I would actually be ok with that.[face_plain]
    A bit close for comfort, but in the end it doesn't contradict anything that I'm aware of.

19. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    I suppose at the least we could get a real look at the Empire's excesses instead of just officers bullying fruit vendors or off-screen oppression--like an episode where they find an Imperial gulag labor camp, like the one in Rogue One, dissidents being rounded up, or farmland being blown open for strip mining. Yeah we got little bits of this in season 1, but not much since then from what I've seen. Otherwise, you just start to feel a bit sorry for the stormtroopers who have to put up with the rebels constantly raiding them.

20. CloneofVader

Apr 5, 2016

Hera death will be quite interesting from the story point of view. How can Kanan change ? What become of them without her ?
    Killing a redshirt won’t help in creating a sense of threat or consequences in story. If anything, predictable deaths reinforce the notion that the real heroes are safe, because the writers is following conventional patterns.The best way to keep deaths from being predictable is to resist introducing characters just to kill them off(inquisitors). Audience can tell when a character is fodder. Instead, writers need to make sure everyone who dies has a significant role in story and is introduced as early as heroes who survive.

EzraSnoke likes this.
  21. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Neither her nor Chopper can die, its confirmed they exist during Rogue One.

22. CloneofVader

Apr 5, 2016
    I know that. But if series will last for like 6-7 seasons they will be in OT timeline.

23. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

Nice to see the old Braha'tok-class gunships in action.

24. Kaitan ISB021

Kaitan ISB021 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    Piecing together the evidence of the finale preview images, it looks like we might get a Kallus-Thrawn hand-to-hand battle. AWESOME!

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  25. Mr Bogan

Mr Bogan Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 28, 2016
    What planet/place in the second image? It isn't Lothal, and it isn't Atollon. Or is it?