main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Pablo apparently revealed some interesting details about the future of Rebels, Star Wars Television and how it might tie into the ST at some seminar. (No big spoilers but tagged it just in case). When asked if this is legit on Twitter he basically said ''Some of it is, some is not. I'm not gonna clarify what is and isn't real'

[​IMG]

2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    #5 makes me very happy.:D

cwustudent likes this.
  3. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016

Most likely just a fake\fans speculation. I'm not rebels fan but there is no indication that s04 will be final. Rebels just a kid show on Disney channel to help sell some toys. We can get even 8 seasons...
    Number 7- There was a rumors about it. New post RotJ series from Filoni on abc.

4. bdh1138

bdh1138 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 24, 2015

Yeah, and another important detail to remember is that Rebels is apparently getting the viewers it needs.

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/831933514039730176

I fully expect the show will run as long as they have a story to tell. I would be shocked it it wasn't at least 5 seasons.

5. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    No, Pablo says that SW Rebels didn't lose the kids as a public, he doesn't say that the number of viewers is good. He says that they are targeting kids, and the kids are the ones who are mostly watching the Rebels series. It's a fact that there are far less viewers of Rebels than of TCW.

But if they want to sell toys, they just need the kids to enjoy the show... they don't need the teenagers or adults to enjoy it (and that's a bit sad).

I wonder if the new series will be for children as young as the public of Rebels, or something more mature (I wish it is).

6. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016

I guess most of us hope that! But I'm kinda skepitcal o_O

7. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    How dare cartoons be for children!

8. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    There are children of 5-8 years old (80% public of Rebels) and there are older children or even young teenagers.

Series for children of 6 years old, and series for children of 12 years old can be really different in maturity, even if both are for children.

9. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Rebels certainly doesn't feel like a show for 5-8 year olds, even if the stats said otherwise. People like to exaggerate and call it "kiddie" and childish, but if you look at nearly any other cartoon for children, Rebels is far more mature and intelligent.

It's not TCW level of maturity, as in we don't see dismemberments, but Rebels isn't significantly more childish. It's more lighthearted, that's all.

10. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    It feels more childish if I compare to TCW or even TMNT. The new TMNT series is for children, and much more mature and darker. And very popular!

For Rebels in fact some episodes are darker (Through Imperial eyes, An Inside man, etc) but some of them are really childish and it doesn't help.

CT1138 and Vialco like this.
  11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hey, this debate again. [​IMG]

The exact same can be said about TCW, and I'm sure it could be said about TMNT (after all it is a show about totally radical teenagers getting in awesome fights against super lame baddies). The target demographic for any animated action-adventure show is always going to be ~12-17. Anything else is of secondary concern, which is why you'll have one episode with a singing droid floating in space and another where two guys find a former colleague's mummified corpse.

And the only reason Rebels gets less viewers than TCW did is because it's on Disney XD, the ass-end of animation channels. It's not even included in every cable package like Cartoon Network and Disney Channel proper are. As far as I can tell that's 100% beyond LFL's control.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I expect the show to hit around 100 episodes which would be in season 5

13. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Pablo did confirm that he said some of these things, but he didn't want to clarify just what he said and didn't say. So parts of this is true.

14. EzraSnoke

EzraSnoke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2017
    #2 hints Ezra = Snoke :p (in my obsessed mind anyway)

15. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015

I am greatly pleased by #4 also; I like it when stories fit together well. A good mystery for us to think through until December. Some other interpretations to consider: the connection may be a faction rather than a character. Many have hypothesized an Inquisitorius - Knights of Ren lineage, for instance, and we have been promised a conclusion to their story within Rebels. Or, it may relate to the nature of the Force / beings in the middle, like the Bendu. Snoke, whether he is Ezra or not, seems to place great importance in the observation that Kylo can connect to both sides of the Force.

EzraSnoke likes this.
  16. EzraSnoke

EzraSnoke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2017
    Seems to me a connection between Ezra and Kylo. No coincidence that Ezra in Rebels finds a crossguard saber at Malachor. The first known instance of the crossguard being shown outside of the previously recently released The Force Awakens.

If that isn't a big hint, wink, nudge nudge, then I don't know what is.

J7Luke and Son of a Bith like this.
  17. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    They are close to ANH though, season 4 could be the end. They will probably start a new series after RotJ.

Also Filoni said this about Maul ;

“''If there’s a character like Maul running around during one of the old films, he’s such a big-time player you think there would have been an echo of that somewhere, so it was just the right time to tell the story and bring that thread to an end.”

So the question is, why Thrawn isn't a ''big-time player'' like Maul is ? He is the ''Grand Admiral'' ... Is he going to lose his superior rank by the end of the season 4 which could be the end of the Rebels series ? Or are they simply going to kill Thrawn ?

J7Luke likes this.
  18. CloneofVader

Apr 5, 2016
    Filoni can say the same about his unkillable favorite Ahsoka. If she is alive. Where is she during OT ? Filoni also said that Inquisitors must die because Tarkin words in New Hope. But this is also apply to other force users?(those guys who blow up his star destroyer and make him look like a fool) I doubt it. There is no way Ezra gonna die.

19. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Ahsoka was defeated by Darth Vader and is trapped on Malachor with no way to escape. She's effectively removed as a player from the Galactic Civil War.

J7Luke likes this.
  20. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I would imagine the difference between Thrawn and Maul is that Maul has more of a direct connection to the major characters of the OT than Thrawn does. He's a former Sith Lord that was fully trained by the Emperor (not to mention being privy to the Grand Plan) and an old rival of Obi-Wan, so he's got more reasons to be directly involved with the storyline we see in the OT and his power within the Force is enough that it would actively disrupt the situation. Thrawn by contrast is just one of many Grand Admirals operating within the Empire and he has no real ties to the OT characters or the greater narrative of the Force.

But Maul's death should definitely be indicative of (at the very least) Kanan's longevity.

J7Luke, TheMechanical0ne and Vialco like this.
  21. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    The thing is, Rebels doesn't need to go darker to be a more interesting show for teens and adults. There's plenty of shows out there that aren't dark in the least that have attracted a large teen and young adult following. Avatar: The last Airbender, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Star VS The Forces of Evil... all popular with teens and adults, and all in varying levels of maturity... most with a less mature base than Rebels. What the show needs isn't more maturity, it needs better writing. It needs to take itself more seriously. Rebels still feels like it wants the Ghost crew to be bumbling across the galaxy instead of being a leading cell of the now very real Rebel Alliance they are a part of. The show is just so flippant with the way it conducts itself. The Declaration of Rebellion was treated like it was just some random pep talk. The death of Maul was treated like an after thought. Ahsoka's fate has gone unresolved because the director doesn't know what he wants to do with her. They're just so undecided about what they want this show to be at a point in the show's life where it should have been decided by now. Is this about the Ghost crew and their view of the building of the Rebellion? Or is it about various characters throughout the galaxy and their intertwining with the history of the Rebellion? The Rebels crew hasn't taken the time to flesh out characters enough to make them interesting and have relied on cameos of other, more interesting, characters who overshadow the Ghost crew every time they appear.

missile, MrDarth0, Embomania and 8 others like this.
  22. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013

Tarkin said to Vader is the only one left from that age, but Vader already told him that Kenobi lives, so both Vader and Kenobi are exceptions.

They knew about the Jedi Ezra and Kanan now, Tarkin already come to Lothal and said Kanan has the will of the old Jedi. So if they are still alive, Tarkin would know and he would never say that Vader is the only one left from that old religion, so they need to die I guess. Or at least they need to go to exile like Yoda, that's the only way for them to survive the old movies without making an ''echo of that somewhere'' ...

Agreed, she went to other world, or the Force world as far as we know, Tarkin says this in the Steps into the Shadow ;
    ''Although Lord Vader has dealt with the insurgency's Jedi leadership''
    I think it's obvious that he meant Ahsoka Tano.

Maybe, or maybe I just overrastimated Thrawn, but he is the Grand Admiral, as far as we know that's the second highest rank in the Empire after the Grand Moff, so despite Thrawn's relativeness to the main characters of OT, he is still the highest of his order. He should certainly show up in the second film or in the third if not the first. You can say we've Tarkin in the first OT film, but after Tarkin's death, there is no reason for Thrawn to not show up in the big picture, so either they had to kill Thrawn or they had to demote him to the Admiral rank so he could be hide in the original trio movies.

J7Luke likes this.
  23. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Grand Moff isn't the highest rank in the Empire though. The highest ranks are Emperor, Executor and Grand Vizier.

24. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    Executor rank isn't canon anymore. Grand Vizier rank has no power over the Admirals, fleets and the territories as far as we see. Don't count the Emperor, that's not a ''rank'' that's the leadership of the entire order.

Ranks : Grand Moff, Moff, Governor, Admiral, General, Captain, Lieutenant, Colonel, Agent etc. And the Grand Admiral is the second highest rank right now, it can order around other Admirals, Agents and it has a grand galactic fleet.

J7Luke likes this.
  25. CloneofVader

Apr 5, 2016
    I clarify.
    In capital:

Emperor
    <>
    Imperial ruling council (Grand Vizier Mass Amedda in charge)
    <>
    In regions:
    Grand Moffs. Tarkin for example was rule in Outer Rim so there is few more grand moffs(mid rim, colonies, inner rim and expansion region moffs)
    Moffs: control over the systems...(Price, Delian Mors...)
    {}
    Now there is also Fleet, army and many other structures within the Empire. But none of them do the ruling.
    As far as I understand Grand Moffs mostly autonomous but they must report back to the Ruling Council.
    Vader probably Emperor Wrath. And serve only him. Until he lost Death Star and Palpy place him under Tagge command.