main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Just an FYI, the Empire actually loses the war. The Death Stars are both destroyed and the entire Galactic Empire crumbles to dust. Thrawn and the cause he represents is defeated in a few short years.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  2. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I feel like, realistically, should Kallus and Zeb be killed off, it should be together, in some sort of situation pertaining to the Lasat in a way that fully redeems Kallus for the Lasat genocide. That would work. POW POW WOW AN AT AT JUST BLOWED UP ZEB in the middle of the Battle of Attolan doesn't.

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think at this point it may be more about Thrawn vs Kallus, both seem to have personal scores to settle and driven by ego & pride, varying degrees of fanatism and combat.

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Which is somewhat different from Legends Thrawn:

Heir to the Empire 20th Anniversary commentary:

7: So here at last we have all the pieces that went into the creation of Grand Admiral Thrawn.
    He's competent and capable, enough so that his troops can be assured that they have the best possible chance of winning whatever battle they're sent into.
    He cares about his troops, and they know he won't sacrifice them for nothing.
    And he's driven by logic and reason, not anger or ego or wounded pride.
    Throw in the semi-mystical art thing (through which he can anticipate his enemies' moves), and make him an alien (because the Emperor disliked aliens, and would never give such a rank to one unless he was really, really good), and, when you've done all that, Grand Admiral Thrawn simply falls out of the equation.

Maybe ego and pride won't be major factors after all.

5. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    He does say he's after results and not glory... unlike Konstantin

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    He can certainly show anger without being driven by it - the Hera's Heroes episode, with Thrawn's reaction to Captain Slavin's behaviour, typified it quite well.

7. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    He's definitely repressing anger. In a professional setting he certainly won't show it or allow himself to be driven by it -instead bottling everything up in an attempt to keep his head clear, and probably why he had that little outburst.

Probably something we will learn more about in the Thrawn novel.

And going back to the topic of how Kallus's score should be with Thrawn now - I think a story of Thrawn finding the Lasat stronghold in Wild Space would settle all those threads at the same time.

8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Kallus said, "fighting over glory", while Thrawn smugly says " I do not require glory, only results for my Emperor". So yes, its about glory and ego, Thrawn made an attempt at justifying this action as a logical course towards a means to an end. And it still amounts as glory for his Emperor. And he said, " I'm not accepting surrenders at this time, I want you to know failure, utter defeat, and it is I that delivers it crashing down upon you". He also later told Kallus, "You and I are not the same Kallus, as these Rebels are about to learn". Moreover his actions speak louder than words. While there is some similarity with EU version, it certainly not same character fellas.

CloneofVader likes this.
  9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Obi-Wan Kenobi, a main character of the saga, was offed in the first movie of the OT.

10. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    But at the time audiences knew him for like 40 minutes total

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  11. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    When ANH first came out, Obi-Wan was certainly not a main character. He was just the old hermit who sacrificed himself. Also this isn't a movie trilogy, it's too long to kill off main characters this early. Clone Wars was the same way.

12. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    I think somebody should make a list about how many ships the Rebels lost in this episode!

13. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Not a main character? I saw the OT first and ya he was.

And TCW had dozens of important characters it juggled.

Ziro = Died in his 4th episode
    Savage = Died in his 8th episode
    Satine = Died in her 8th episode
    Fives = Died in his 14th episode
    Waxer = Died in his 3rd episode
    Father = Died in his 3rd episode
    Son = Died in his 3rd episode
    Daughter = Died in her 2nd episode
    Even Piell = Died in his 3rd episode
    Hevy = Died in his 2nd episode
    Onocando Farr = Died in his 4th episode
    Steela Gererra = Died in her 4th episode

Compare that to the Rebels protagonists who have survived around 50 episodes!

CT1138, J7Luke and EzraSnoke like this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    All of whom are secondary or tertiary characters. Same with Obi-Wan in ANH.

I mean honestly, it's far from a prerequisite for an action show to kill off its main cast every now and then. I can think of dozens of TV shows similar to Rebels where no main characters die, and those shows manage to not suck as well.

15. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    The TCW characters were main characters for the stories they were in.

That's the difference, they didn't stay around too long and take danger out of the show.

16. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Does TPM count as an episode? Even Piell was in the Naboo celebration, standing near Yoda.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

17. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Sure lol

18. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
    ESB is considered by many the best movie.

and the Thrawn Trilogy the best series of books.

The fundamentals of drama are missing from Rebels.

19. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Clone Wars focused on multiple minor characters like the ones you listed, the only one I'd consider a main is Fives and he died in season six. Did any of the actual main characters die? Ahsoka? No. Rex? No. But was it still a good series? Absolutely! Rebels has had plenty of minor characters die just like the minor characters you listed for the Clone Wars. Gar Saxon, Morad Sumar, The Inquisitors, Those two officers from season one. And now a few more in the finale. We're only three seasons in and I'm sure more important players will die, but it's still too soon.

J7Luke and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  20. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    One thing i wonder is that we don't got all Thrawn scenes and lines from the trailers.

Scenes:

[​IMG]

I thought Pablo confirmed that we would see this scene in this season?

[​IMG]

Well and the line: ,,We will show the galaxy what happens to those who dare speak against the emporer!"

21. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    I thought that the first shot was just for celebration to reveal Thrawn to the audience.
    As for the second shot the same probably, but I cannot say. And the line was already used in the Secret Cargo.

22. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Ahsoka was due to die but Filoni argued Lucas out of it.

With Rex (Gregor and Woolffe) they have been brought back in Rebels though how they got there Chips out and somehow missed out on Order 66 has not been bothered to be explained.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Pablo said it's from the series.

24. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Missed the last 15 minutes because my parents came home and wanted to watch hockey. Did Thrawn die?

25. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016