main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Hooray- my wedding fanfiction can go on as planned. Hope y'all like Tchaikovsky and Elfman.

2. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016

I don't think so! It would fit pretty well but I don't think he said that.

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Didn't we see it in Through Imperial Eyes? Or at least an approximation of it? We certainly saw the two lizards on the wall in that episode:

[​IMG]

4. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Well, Legends Thrawn did go after Talon Karrde with a vengeance, even after the Empire got the Katanna Fleet. Otherwise, there wouldn't be any need to use Niles Ferrier in the plot to implicate Karrde in that failed Imperial ambush.

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Probably a shot from that episode with slightly tweaked lighting.

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Wasn't that more a case of "Thrawn wanted to leave Karrde alone until he could be dealt with properly - but Ferrier forced his hand"?

Thrawn didn't show much interest in personally thwarting Karrde - he just put a bounty on Karrde's head. Ferrier was the one that organised the failed ambush - so Thrawn made it clear that Ferrier would have to pay for getting his troops killed, by serving him.

7. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

That's possible.

8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Which is not to say Thrawn can't have his pride wounded, and become a little vengeful- just that he won't end up driven by wounded pride and obsessed with vengeance, like, for example, Maul.

PCCViking likes this.
  9. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000

You're right. I just read TTT comics, and that's the way things went.

10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    They were main characters in the stories they appeared in, same as the Ghost crew.

11. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016

It's the same room but a complete differente scene. With his view from behind and the pictures. There wasn't something like that in this episode.

12. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Er, it's been a Star Wars power for while now.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_storm_(weather)

I went into this episode fully expecting Kallus to be executed. I was pleasantly surprised to see him not, only because I enjoy the character, but that's partly what makes him an interesting character. He's close enough to the main cast to be an often recurring character, making him allowed to be fleshed out as a person, but he's not a main character, so his fate is always up in the air. It's that kind of unpredictability that makes characters interesting. You'll never know what will happen to them.
    Also...
    R2-D2 was almost destroyed in ANH
    Luke was brutally beaten in ESB and then dismembered
    Han was frozen in carbonite, and then his fate was left up in the air, with rumors that the character may end up killed off all together
    Leia was shot in RotJ (though this was left a loose end for some reason)
    C-3PO was dismembered numerous times
    The main cast (and I mean top billed main cast - not just secondaries) suffered a lot more than the Ghost crew could even have imagined.
    I also suppose that in TCW it could be argued that Ahsoka was the primary protagonist of those stories, too, like Luke and Anakin were of the OT and PT. If you ask me, TCW was Ahsoka's story. It started with her, and the series ended with her. And in those stories, Ahsoka came away inches from death numerous times, was lost or kidnapped at least three times (and that's just off the top of my head) and legitimately died before being saved by The Daughter. She was a character whose fate was always questionable, especially since she wasn't in RotS. Nobody knew what would happen to her, making her close calls always the more emotional because you never knew if "this time" was going to be the reason she wasn't in RotS.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Major players in the clone wars did not until season 5-6.

14. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    Ahsoka nearly died from the Blue Shadow Virus (was enough to the point of her fainting from it - the audience was very clearly meant to believe she was in mortal danger) in Season 2, and then legitimately died in the Mortis Arc in Season 3 prior to being resurrected. She was, arguably, the primary protagonist of the series too.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Still she didn't die forever did she? Main players that died were Pre Vizsla, Satine, Savage, Fives. Ventures also died, but that doesn't count because it was cancelled before the show could get to that point.

16. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    I didn't realize permanence was part of the conversation. She died, that's the point. In SW it's very hard to permanently kill off a character. Obi-Wan died, but that wasn't the permanent end of his character. Nor was it for Yoda, or Qui-Gon or even Anakin.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Still it was never a part of the conversation when they planned that to kill her forever so it's really just like a nap. Especially because all of that might have been a vision.

18. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    Even if she didn't permanently die, there's still the fact that it's hard for SW characters to permanently die, especially in cases of Jedi where they've had the training to become one with the Force and keep their consciousness living forever. By that end, it would mean that Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin never truly died.

19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Ziro was a main player in the premiere - and continued to play a role, before dying. 4 episodes in 3 seasons isn't bad.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Forgot about him

21. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    I am starting to get the feel that people are suffering from Game of Thrones or Walking dead death lust, where they expect major character to die all the time...
    We are in the middle of the show, characters dont have to die all the time!

22. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    The crew is roughly a year or two away from RO/ANH. I would say it's closer to its end than it is to its middle.

Besides, SW has always been rather cut-throat. Game of Thrones has nothing to do with it.

R2-D2 was almost permanently destroyed in ANH
    Luke was brutally beaten in ESB and then dismembered
    In ESB, Han was frozen in carbonite, and then his fate was left up in the air, with rumors that the character may end up killed off all together
    Leia was shot in RotJ (though this was left a loose end for some reason)
    C-3PO was dismembered numerous times
    The main cast (and I mean top billed main cast - not just secondaries) suffered a lot more than the Ghost crew could even imagine suffering

Not to mention in TCW Ahsoka (who, arguably, was the main protagonist) came away inches from death numerous times, was lost or kidnapped at least three times (and that's just off the top of my head) and legitimately died before being saved by The Daughter. She was a character whose fate was always questionable, especially since she wasn't in RotS. Nobody knew what would happen to her, making her close calls always the more emotional because you never knew if "this time" was going to be the reason she wasn't in RotS. SW has always been a matter of life or death, that if we don't hit the target at this exact moment in this exact way, that hope and freedom will die forever.

EzraSnoke likes this.
  23. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017

You are acting like as if the ghost crew did not suffer any injuries or trauma.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It's mainly only Kanan and Ezra though

CT1138 likes this.
  25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Cartoon specific characters normally go before legacy characters, and villains often before heroes. TCW was criticized often for creating new characters to just kill them off , or kill them off after a few or maybe a handful of appearances. Each Stars Wars movie killed off characters, some very important ones, Rogue One was certainly no exception.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.