main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    It does not really matter what GL said about Maul being dead or not. Dead characters are brought back all the time when the writers change their minds about said character's mortality.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I bet you an internet cookie that he is dead. :p

3. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    And why would they change their mind about the Eight Brother? They went so far as to animate his death scene, it just wasn't included in the end cut. They more than likely already had the villains they needed for Season 3 planned at that point, no reason to bring one back from the dead. It took many years for Lucas to change his mind about Maul, the decision wasn't made lightly. In order for the Eight Brother to survive, he would have had to escape the planet by the time the explosion went off like Maul did. Given that he had no idea the weapon was being activated, and had no reason to leave when his boss was kinda in need of help, I doubt that this is the case.

4. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Season 3 Ezra is likely older with greater ability than Season 2 Ezra. He's probably not too happy that Maul blinded Kanan, too. Or he could just eat a banana and leave that deadly peel in Maul's way for him to trip and die on -- an old Sith trick he might learn from the holocron, I'm sure.:p

Well, that Sith temple blowing up in the middle of their fight and damaging Vader's life-support suit might have something to with him letting Ahsoka get away. However, if she is dead, Vader will know, so I really wish he would say one way or another.

5. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Why not?

You can get a lot of drama and action out of live characters than dead ones.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  6. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016

Yes Ezra will be stronger but Maul seems to be still very powerful as he easily defeated the inquisitors where Kanan and Ezra always had some issues.
    He was represented strongly for a good reason, even greater than in TCW.

7. TheNerdyOne_

May 24, 2015
    You can also get a lot more drama and action out of new characters than you can dead ones. What benefit does reviving the Eight Brother have over introducing someone new?

8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    8th Brother is as dead as a door nail probably flatter than a pancake. Ezra being more powerful from a Sith Holocron alone is preposterous, the Jedi one with Anakin didnt do him much good on its own. Also its important to realize that Maul saved Ezra's life twice, and Maul could've easily read Kanan's mind and told him that Kanan would've attempted to kill Ezra the moment he turned which is true(Jedi Sentinel/Yoda, Jedi against Vos, Anakin having to wipe out the Jedi after his treachery in the Chancellor's office). The only time Ezra was doing good fighting wise, was when he was under Maul's tutelage fighting the 7th Sister at the top of the pyramid, only just beginning to tap into the Dark Side - but Ezra does appear to be an Anakin 2.0.

9. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    The character that has already been designed and built and 3-D animated is cheaper to follow up on than starting a new one from scratch. And we barely got to know Eighth Brother; who knows what kind of depths are there? It looked like Maul got away in Darth Vader's ship. Eighth Brother could have gotten away in his and taken his boss, Vader with him.

Has there been anything on line about why Brother and Sister Inquisitors are numbered?

10. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016
    I am in favor of making Maul a Knight of Ren:p

If you are going to keep the character alive for that long. Might as well.

11. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Here's the thing, though. As you said, we barely got to know him. Also, we barely saw him. So what reason is there to bring a character we know literally nothing about and saw very little of when the show seems to be moving on from the Inquistors?

12. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    Actually it was one of the Inquisitor's ships that Maul got away in. The Inquisitor ships are the one ones with curved wings, which the TIE Maul flew off in had, while Vader's TIE had flat wings.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  13. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Hmmmm, I'll have to look at those ships again. I did not notice any of the differences between the two.

I presume the Inquisitors will be done by the time of ANH, since they aren't in the Saga. And it makes perfect sense to use a character they already have to finish them off.

14. TheNerdyOne_

May 24, 2015
    It makes sense to bring an Inquisitor back from the dead in order to show how they're slowly dying off? Seems to me like it would make much more sense to introduce a new Inquisitor and kill them off as well later on.

It's really not much cheaper. They introduce new characters in the show all the time, usually at least once an episode (and usually multiple new characters per episode). If this were an expensive task, they wouldn't do it so often. And if they can justify the resources to make new character models for random nobodies, they can justify the resources to do so for a main character.

And if the Eight Brother left with Vader, how do you suggest he survived the Sith weapon firing? He would have been turned to stone, alongside all of the Jedi and Sith that had the weapon used on them in ancient times.

15. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    I really wonder how Vader and Ahsoka survived the explosion. Yeah Vader can't be killed off but I just want to know how...

Why should the Eight Brother be alive and left with Vader? Vader was alone when he walked out of the temple. I am sure the focus won't be on inquisitors anymore.
    Season 3 has enough characters and storys with Maul, Ezra, Kanan, Sabine and maybe Vader too...

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    We could potentially see 3-5 new Inquisitors this season, a few may be causalities by mid-season rather than following the apparent formula of finale Inquisitor sendoffs.

Not sure where this is from but it states it was Vader's Tie Fighter...

[​IMG]

...although on the toon it appeared it was a Inquisitor version. Vader's Tie was underground when he faced Ezra, so there was no Tie on the surface of the planet, so his Tie was either stolen by Maul or it was blown up by the shockwave or crushed under the debris.

17. TheNerdyOne_

May 24, 2015
    I'd bet that they survived simply because they were on the top platform, which is usually where the person firing the weapon would be (and wouldn't make much sense to kill the firer of the weapon too). But since the holocron was removed, there was also an additional explosion that didn't have the same effect as the actual weapon.

18. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    Disagree. The Holocron shows Anakin teaching mid-range lightsaber combat skills (blocking blaster fire) and we've seen Ezra's ability to deflect blaster fire improve (e.g. in Legacy he is able to take down two Stormtroopers simultaneously) demonstrating that the he did benefit from the Holocron.

My interpretation of the subtext of the two moon ending of Legacy is that his story will not be Anakin 2.0, the two moons of Lothal are the opposite of the two Suns of Tatooine which signify the Anakin/Luke story.

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Who has produced this - is it official? If so I'm disappointed because he absolutely does escape in an Inquisitor TIE fighter. They even say so on the official episode gallery.

20. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    I guess whoever wrote it did not get the memo about whose TIE fighter that was.

It is anyone's guess about how Vader survived the blast from the Sith Temple. He was already injured and his suit compromised. Perhaps the energy mostly went upward? The Sith Temple was more or less still there in the morning. But if an injured Vader survived the blast, that leaves the door open for Ahsoka make it, too. Unless that surviving Eight Brother gets her. :p:redsaber:

Sow likes this.
  21. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Whoever made this just made a mistake. It obviously wasn't Vader's Tie.

22. Sow

Sow Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 2, 2015

Imagine this - Ahsoka book telling her story, answering questions and filling (partially) hole in TCW &/or Ahsoka fans hearts by not just explaining what happened to her after last TCW season but how she was changed by all that and what important things Filloni had in his plans for later seasons but got denied (other than things which we have already heard). It will maybe answer our questions about what have happened to Barriss, how Maul & Ahsoka meet after she left Jedi Order, what Ahsoka was doing offscreen in Rebels (I know, trying to confirm her "fan" theory Anakin=Vader, but besides that), and how she felt slowly accepting that she was right and Anakin got barbecued and went for tank build (dat armor).We could be able to read about all of this and even maybe something more, and then going into the last lines in the book:
    "Ahsoka survived the explosion that thrown her and Vader in the opposite sides of the temple, but she was damaged both physically and mentally. Her wounds weren't dangerous enough to put her life at risk, but she was losing her will to live. Her mentor and friend who stood up for her so many times is now Sith fighting for the Empire, hiding behind his mask.
    Drowning in despair, she thought about Rex, Kanan, Ezra, and not just them - about everyone who could survive betrayal that could possibly wipe out all Jedi. While thinking about that she reminded herself about entire systems suffering under the Empire. Giving up is not an option. Things can be changed, there is still hope in this cruel world. With that in mind she pursued forward.
    Intense pain, gasping for breath but not being able to get any. Everything feels so far away, everything is so cold. Falling on her knees Ahsoka turned her head to see what possibly could put her in this position. Before falling on the ground she sees one last thing. He is standing there holding one of the light sabers found in the temple. Already insane pain is multiplied by his laugh.
    The Eight Brother."

I swear, if the book will end like that or in similar tone Filoni will be officially crowned as the King of Trolls, and he will be receiving more threats than all politicians put together. But we already know that he won't do that to his favourite character that he himself created. But are we sure?
    Anyway, I'm on my way to grab some popcorn and put that "ending" in Ahsoka thread [face_devil]

23. ShadowLady86

ShadowLady86 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 2, 2015
    There is also spelling mistake in the word "Zabrack". It should be "Zabrak" without "c".

24. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks like official SW:Rebels cards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Doesn't mean it's not susceptible to errors. Again, they misspelled Zabrak in the card.