main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. TyrannosaurTJ

TyrannosaurTJ Jedi Padawan star 1

May 7, 2016
    That's true. I know it would be quite drastic to do that kind of change given what's been established before given how Maul sees others. Just part of me was like "What if?" simultaneously. Food for thought kind of thing I guess?

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    He has empathy and they made it a point that part of Maul does exist and it aided in forming the mutual bond between Ezra and himself. Like he showed with Savage and Talzin, there is an underlying theme present that separates him from someone who is completely evil for evil's sake(Sidious). So both him and Vader have a certain humanity present, but its buried deep deep down . Maul still thinks like a Sith, as thats how he was brought up and trained and what he is - he knows no other way and it has kept him alive for years, even past certain death if were a lesser being. Jedi would potentially stand in his way . As Jedi are his enemies, they are the sworn enemies of the Sith. So the Jedi would have to eliminate the Sith just as the Sith would have to eliminate the Jedi there is no mutual allowance of existence for them, no peace as peace would also be held to be lie by the Sith. Sith also have the tendency to turn on eachother. I think the "Jedi Sentinel" thing with Kanan is important, as it basically tells the audience that if Ezra turns to the Dark Side, Kanan would have destroy him - and that was the theme with the OT, Luke had to destroy Vader and his master(the whole Revenge of the Jedi later renamed "Return").

3. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Speculation here,
    What about a Canon version of TFU?
    Sam Witwer plays both Starkiller and Maul and now it is kinda possible.

You could scrap Maul becoming an apprentice to Vader because Vader would probably kill him on site due to his history with him. Maul becomes involved with the Rebellion and possibly falls in love (I didn't like writing that). He forces them to attack Palpatine and Maul then is captured, and has to fight both Vader and Palpatine.
    Would be fun to see, though totally upstaging the Ghost crew and the main plot of the show.

I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happens.

Heck throw in Shaak Ti and Felucia and you've got a great story.

4. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Let's not canonise TFU.

5. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    Yeah I think it wouldn't fit. Maul will never let someone be his master.

MandoArtist likes this.
  6. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012

I'm not sure it's empathy so much as Maul using his sad past to get Ezra on his side. It does sound genuine at first, until you see him smirking to himself as Ezra talks about his own family. That definitely seems more like a self-satisfied look from someone who successfully manipulated a potential apprentice than anything.

I'll concede that there might be some empathy there, but it gets overshadowed by his vengeful and manipulative nature. Hence the smirk during what should have been a heartfelt moment between two people who have both suffered greatly under the Empire.

7. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    I'm seeing a trend or 'arc' surrounding the Kyber crystals like they're some big mystery. They were in Clone Wars and Rebels, now I hear they're in Rogue One and that Freemaker show.

We know, they're deadly weapons that power lightsabers and superlasers. So what?

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul would up stage Ezra and Galen Marek. And the same problem exists , that Marek alone would upstage Ezra. So I think Ezra before Galen Marek now, as already Ezra clashed against Vader twice, and somehow lived and he's and integral part of the early Rebels, even has a Jedi trained warrior and Force user of some considerable powers. And once this character gets more training and experience a 3rd time against Vader is likely, but even Kanan vs Maul, or Vader or both, I think too many possibilities exist as of now. Am not sure they're gonna kill off Kanan, as he somehow keeps living past Inquisitors who defeated him over and over, he survived Vader's blow and Maul's. I don't know if Rebels is really the place to expect the kinda SW we had during Dark Horse, as they're pretty adamant thus far about not killing Kanan or Ezra or any of The Ghost crew and Ezra meeting every popular SW universe character from across the trilogies or animated series. The potential of seeing other Jedi is kinda high this season imo, perhaps Shaak Ti is among them, but even Barriss is an unclosed character - why would Filoni change her blowing herself up in the cell, to one of where we don't know what happened to her. I think she still needs an exploration, perhaps more so than Master Ti, same thing with Quinlan Vos . We do know know if other Jedi went to Mandalore to face Maul, which is entirely possible some went there and died. Maybe the Ahsoka book will fill in some blanks, but it may just make new questions that answers typical of SW.

The Inquisitors will must likely be annihilated by Maul or/and Ezra I think by the end of this season. The way Maul was going through the Inquisitors, and if the show was more like TCW, I think we would've seen a more violent and action filled Maul sequence. But the medium and ratings of Rebels keeps things more focused on Ezra and so far TCW remains more unqiue in allowing the villains like Maul and Ventress to be explored, mainly because Lucas liked them and had stories to tell beyoud evil henchmen.

Having Maul and Vader clash would be enormous undertaking( budget and animation ect), and neither one may be able destroy one another in the end for a few reasons most probably - and we know Vader can't lose since he's in the OT movies so there is much story there, neither Vader nor Maul ever had any history like Anakin/Vader and Ahsoka Tano or Obi Wan Kenobi.

They may adapt Marek and Jade, but if they do, they won't be exactly the same characters imo. Maul would destroy them all anyway, so not sure of their purpose or longevity if they were Inquisitors or some other type of Imperial or personal Sith assassins.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    No mystery, man. They're just really powerful multi-purpose crystals.

Amdrag and StarWarsFreak93 like this.
  10. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Yeah, like a D battery! :p

vncredleader likes this.
  11. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Yeah, the Force just keeps going and going and going ....

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This gave me a good laugh

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  13. SithPug

SithPug Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 18, 2014
    Issue 168 - August 2016

[​IMG]

14. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Finally an issue that looks like it is worth it!
    Recently I've passed because it wasn't interesting, like at all.
    I like the fiction though so I am a little sad about missing that.

The quality seems to have dropped since I started reading it in 2010, there aren't many informative articles anymore.

15. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    This Darth Maul headline...:D

16. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I'm hoping for a great opening episode, 'KILL MAUL'.:p

17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    So I had a dream the other night that S3 of Rebels started, and Ezra did in fact have new hair–but it was not shorter; it was his exact same hairstyle, the only difference was it looked better, like actual hair rather than giant round thingies hanging off his head. Oh, and his hair was also brown. 8-}

MandoArtist and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  18. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    He's gonna look so weird with short hair.

19. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
  20. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I'd put my money on him appearing in the next season, and him being our tie-in for TCW and R1.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  21. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Onderon?

22. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Perhaps, perhaps not. Based on the trailer, probably a different planet IMO.

23. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I meant for Rebels. It could work I suppose.

24. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    OMG YES! Now this is awesome news! I never would have expected that!

25. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    I don't see a reason to return there unless we meet him specifically at this point.