main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

You don't think if the FCC receives enough complaints about the programming on Disney, it could at the very least punish it with a fine?

2. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I saw on Twitter that Pablo confirmed that Rebels and Rogue One will NOT be concurrent, so to your point, Rebels will not have to "hurry up" to catch up to the timeline of Rogue One. It may reference plot elements of Rogue One, i.e. early rumblings of the Death Star, and we know from Rebels Recon that we will likely see some Rogue One characters during the earlier time period of Rebels. But next season of Rebels will likely stay on the current track and still be 2-3 years prior to A New Hope, while Rogue One is likely taking place just weeks or months prior to ANH. Here's what Pablo said:
    @geekgirldiva Seeing talk that Rebels S3 will have to end because of continuity with Rogue One, but nothing says that the show & movie need to (1/?)​
    @geekgirldiva Intersect in real time. That's Marvel's MO, sure, but DCTV runs differently that DC movies. Rebels & Rogue One share space in canon (2/?)​
    @geekgirldiva sure, but bringing Rebels in with RO's continuity isn't the same as running concurrently in December. Be curious to ask story group (3/3)​
    @pablohidalgo @geekgirldiva SW isn't linear. We're telling multiple era stories now. We'll keep doing that.​
    @geekgirldiva @pablohidalgo So that applies to Rebels and R1? Canonically in the same timeline but not concurrent in real time?​
    @pablohidalgo @geekgirldiva They won't be concurrent in real-world time, but be reflective in real-world time. Rebels Season 2 had TFA tie-ins, for ex.

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Well, here's my wishlist for season 3:

-Thrawn. We need a non-force sensitive antagonist as a change of pace from the constant Inquisitor and Sith threat.
    -More Sabine backstory and development. There are many questions that need answering about her. How exactly did she escape the Academy? What exactly happened between her and Ketsu? What actually happened to her parents? How did she meet the Ghost Crew? Who is her damn mother?
    -Dark Ezra, even if just for a small time.
    -More Mandalorians. Thankfully I won't have to worry about this.
    -It's gonna happen anyways, but please DONT have Ezra use a boring traditional lightsaber.

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  4. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Here's mine:

-Ezra turn to the Dark Side (and maybe not come back)
    -More character development for Hera and Sabine
    -Kallus being morally conflicted towards the Empire
    -Sabine get more Mando gear like more armor and a jetpack
    -A peak under Palpatine's hood (like, two piercing yellow eyes under a blanket of darkness)
    -No. More. Inquisitors. It's time we got the IMPERIALS acting as serious threats to the Rebels. Not the Sith's guard dogs. Seriously, they're so irredeemably lame. It's not too late for the rest of the Empire, though.
    -Boba Fett brought in to hunt down the Rebels.
    -Clear up why Ketsu is suddenly allied with the Rebels since "The Forgotten Droid".
    -It's time to cut the anthology crap. We need this series to start getting more episodic. We can't have the Rebels struggling and bouncing around neat little story lines for 20 episodes anymore. We need things to start REALLY moving forward, especially this close to ANH. I'm sick of the neatly wrapped little packages every week. The advantage of TCW's stories is they felt like they were planned out months or years in advanced. Rebels doesn't have that feeling. It's like they only work on the series a season at a time, going along as if the show could be cancelled any day now. In TCW, you could see the end game. The characters progressed in a way that we could see Anakin becoming angrier, we could see Obi-Wan growing more concerned about Anakin, and his relationship with Padme, we could see Yoda becoming less hopeful about the end of the war. We got to see Palpatine becoming more scheming, and more openly Sith. By the end of Season 5, even though FIloni had planned 3 more seasons, you could see why everything in RotS happened like it did. Even though the series was unfinished, it progressed in a satisfiable amount of time to where you could believe how Anakin Skywalker turned, that Yoda felt the way he did, and why the Jedi Order blindly were led into a trap. Rebels doesn't have that. The time skip is rumored to bring us up to 3 years before the Battle of Yavin. All we have to show for the growing Rebellion is a handful of ships and a make-shift base. Where and when does Dantooine come in? When do the Rebels get their fleets of X-Wings, Y-Wings, B-Wings, and Mon Calamari cruisers? When do they establish Yavin? I feel like they're roaming around this without a map, like Filoni and his team want to bring us towards ANH, but have no idea how to get us there.
    -Some more real risks, like what we got from the S2 finale. It doesn't have to be any kind of permanent injuries, but the writing in "Twilight of the Apprentice" really made you wonder who would live and what would be left of them. It was a very well written episode, and it was very intense. That's the kind of stakes that should be against the Rebellion: when you wonder if any of the main characters could possibly be offed in the next episode.

5. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Hmm, Ketsu's appearance in The Forgotten Droid seems like she was just there as favour to Sabine.

"Thanks for the assist, Ketsu"
    "You owe me one"

No Ketsu, I don't think Sabine owes you anything. :p

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    My list is simple
    -Ezra turns and does not come back
    -more Sabine
    -competent Tvrawn
    -More Maul
    -More Rex

DBPirate likes this.
  7. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    TCW was an anthology. SWR is not, it's a mixture of episodic and serialized.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    What they need to do is stop brining in story elements during time skips

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

What was wrong with a series about an ongoing war being something akin to an anthology? It was meant to be a telling of the grand scale; not just following three or four people from beginning to end.

10. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Whoops got my terms mixed up a bit. Yeah, Rebels needs to be more serialized and less episodic. Because, as it stands, that's basically what Rebels is. There's an over arching story that's barely paid attention to while the Rebels have mini-adventures saving whales and blowing up the Empire's fancy new Interdictor. They need to start focusing on the main story here a lot more. Enough with the weekly side adventures while they bumble across the galaxy having mini-adventures every week while the main story play co-pilot. I want this to be the story of how the Rebel Alliance was formed, not the story of the Ghost crew and how they helped put together a rebellion.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

In the last recon, Filoni mentions that those episodes that some fans called "filler" will become more important to the show's continuity moving forward. We'll have to wait and see what he means by that.

12. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    So...Onderon and Saw Guerra in season 3 anyone?

Knight Wolf and darklordoftech like this.
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Onderon might be interesting for Rex; though it would've been a wasted opportunity without Ahsoka.

Knight Wolf likes this.
  14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    No Ahsoka means no rehashing of that accursed love quadrangle. I'm game. But they've already done the chaotic good Rebel trope with Cham, so I hope they try something different with Saw.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Not sure why Ahsoka's presence would only suggest it would bring up the love "quadrangle", but whatever.

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Well she was one corner of the quadrangle and Steela's dead so unless Saw and Lux are randomly talking about previous girlfriends I think it's very unlikely that it would come up without Ahsoka being there to reignite the flames of passion.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But why would Ahsoka bring up those "flames of passion"? Jeez, she may have adopted several traits and skills from Anakin, but being so caught up headstrong in love was certainly not one of them.

18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Because she's drop-dead gorgeous and she knows it, duh.

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  19. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    ...well Steels died in the Clone Wars so regardless of Ahsoka ever showing up there or not I doubt a love triangle would re-Kindle.

Saw probably killed Lux anyway.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Padme certainly was; at least to Anakin.

21. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Padme was attractive. Ahsoka's attractive to some people too. Being confident in your beauty isn't a bad thing.

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    So long as you don't exploit it.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

My point was that there's absolutely no correlation involving Ahsoka's appearance that would suggest she would bring up the highly overrated (at least in this forum) love triangle bit if they were to revisit Onderon.

24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah I get that, but Steela is dead. So no love triangle there. And maybe Lux is too. Or Ahsoka never got together with Lux after she left. For all we know Ahsoka could be attracted to women. Endless possibilities.

25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Guys, it was a quadrangle. Lux loved Steela, Ahsoka loved Lux and Saw was getting very close to Ahsoka which made Lux jealous. I feel like I'm the only person who actually watched those terrible episodes.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.