main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Yeah, that's what I thought... but the 'doll', or whatever it is, is more symmetrical. It's got the central column/body that Thrawn's holding, and two 'arms' hanging down on either side (tho one arm is longer than the other, at least when it's on the desk...looks like it has more segments than the shorter one).
    [​IMG]

Master_Rebado likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    There is a fan theory positing that Rey in Sheev's granddaughter.[/quote]

blah

The Kenobi line, going back to Mandalore, would connect the PT era to the OT era to the New Trilogy era.

3. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Except...
    ...it's probably too much of a stretch to suggest that Obi-Wan & Satine had a child together, yet Satine doesn't mention that child at all with her dying words to Obi-Wan. Even if she had some notion to keep the paternity secret from him because she knew his Jedi vows wouldn't permit him to really know his own child, she could've said "Tell my son/daughter <insert name here> that I love her!" It just doesn't feel right. I, and others I expect, had the idea that maybe Korkie was really Obi-Wan & Satine's child (since we didn't really have a firm date on when they'd been an item), but to prevent a scandal she had a sibling of hers pass Korkie off as their own... but that'd make him "Korkie Kryze Kenobi" or some such, and I doubt they'd have wanted that kind of alliterative association [face_clown]

In any case, the time for a Kenobi love-child pre-ROTS has passed, IMO, and a Kenobi love-child post-ROTS doesn't seem terribly likely.

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Not this Kenobi/Satine stuff again...

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So what's Rey got to do with Season 3?

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  6. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    You all got it wrong. Thrawn is back in canon. Which gives rise to the theory that Rey is in fact a female version of Luuke. :p

But nah, I'm still all for Rey Skywalker. But I guess we should go back to Rebels.

Toonimator and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  7. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    All right I finally got home after celebration, I was really looking forward to the Rebels panel and spent a lot of time in queue to make sure I attend it. Here are my impressions:

First of all lets talk a bit about the trailer. When I saw Wedge with 'Sabine clone' for the first time my initial thought was: Wedge and Sabine's twin sister?! Cool! I am not sure why this isn't big news? I am pretty sure Sabine is getting a twin sister in Season 3 and I am really surprised so few people picked up on that. There is no way they reused her model like that, it would look so silly lol. Oh hey, an imperial cadet that happens to look just like Sabine! No way that is the case. I guess it could also be Sabine under disguise?

2nd thing from the trailer - Voice that precedes the Wedge scene. As we know, Wedge Antilles was recruited by none other than Ahsoka Tano. This has to be Fulcrum voice. I think Ahsoka might make an appearance in Season 3 in form of a hologram that was previously recorded. Commander Sato might give that holo to the Rebel crew and assign them on a mission to extract these recruits. That way, Dave will deliver on his promise that this was not the last we seen of Ahsoka in Rebels. I mean, I am still pretty sure we will get to see more of her but I am not sure if Rebels is the right place for that. To me, season 2 was all about Ahsoka and I think they don't want that.

I'd also like to say something about an interview with Sam Witwer that I saw at Celebration. He was asked if we will see more of Palatine in Rebels and his answer was quite funny. The way he went about answering that question, to me confirmed that we will see (or at least hear) Palpatine this season. I think that is no surprise at all given the role Maul will play in season 3. Sidious will surely take note of Maul and deal with him accordingly (though most likely not himself, Vader perhaps might get involved?! :D).

As for the two episodes that were shown - to be honest a lot of story present in those episodes was shown in the trailer. I still think these trailers show way too much, I like them a lot but they should really include less spoilers.

The said episodes were merged into one (I am not sure if they will be released in the same manner) and started with the Ghost crew rescuing Hondo as seen in the Star Wars show clip. Hondo shares intel about an imperial station where old Y-wing bombers from the Clone Wars are being dismantled. Ezra gets promoted to 'Lieutenant Commander' and leads the mission which is supposed to be just a scouting mission to confirm whether Hondo is telling the truth. Kanan chose to distance himself from the Rebellion and the ghost crew and meditates on his own. Ezra doesn't understand Kanan's actions and is frustrated because of that, choosing to use teachings hidden within the sith holocron. Apparently he learned some stuff such as complete mind control (he possesses an imperial walker pilot and orders him to kill stormtroopers and then sends the said pilot to his death too). Kanan discovers that Ezra is using the holocron and takes it away from him. Kanan hears a strange voice in his head, calling to him. He seeks out this mysterious being which resides on Atollon (the big guy from the trailer played by Tom Baker). I think his name is Bandoo (not sure if that is the correct name). This being, whoever he is, talks to Kanan a bit about the force, Kanan is worried that Ezra will fall to the dark side because of the sith holocron, he shows the said holocron to Bandoo who tells Kanan that an object can't dictate one's destiny. The Atollon spiders from previous episodes swarm Kanan but are part of a lesson that will help him regain his sight. Bandoo proceeds to ask Kanan about his blindness and tells him that it can be restored. Or rather that he can see again, because his physical wounds can never be healed. It turns out that Kanan was afraid, full of fear and that is why he was unable to see. He lets go of that fear and chooses to help his friends who need him, now more than ever. He senses that Ezra is in danger and rushes off to save him. Before doing so though, he gives the sith holocron to Bandoo who seems intrigued by it. Not sure if that was a good idea. Bad move Kanan :D

After Hondo's rescue, Governor Price asked for the Seventh Fleet to deal with the rebels and Tarkin agreed. She described Admiral Constantine as more politician than soldier, incapable of dealing with the problem. Seventh Fleet belongs to none other than Grand Admiral Thrawn. It is revealed that he was recently promoted from Admiral to Grand Admiral after wiping out a rebel presence in another sector. Civilian casualties caused by Thrawn's actions were apparently greater than the rebel casualties but resulted in complete annihilation of the insurgents. Thrawn predicts that the ghost crew's next move will involve stealing the Y-wing starfighters - he links them to Hondo.

Back to Ezra and the ghost crew - Hera is not present with them but Sabine, Zeb, Chopper, Rex and Hondo all accompany Ezra. There are some complications and everyone advises Ezra to retreat but instead he orders everyone to proceed with the mission which was supposed to be just recon. Hondo manages to communicate with the ugnaughts that work on the imperial station and convinces the creatures to help. Ezra assaults the facility and captures the command room where he encounters an old acquaintance from 'Stealth' Strike' episode - Admiral Titus. Ezra has to destabilize the station in order to allow others to steal the bombers. Eventually rebels manage to steal most of the Y-wings but Ezra is in trouble after the phantom falls to its oblivion due to the station being destabilized. Hondo steals an imperial shuttle and chooses to escape. Sabine, Zeb, Chopper and Rex are all in big trouble too because all Y-wings seem to be missing hyperdrives which were removed on Thrawn's orders. Luckily rebel feel jumps into the system along with the stolen imperial carrier and everyone manages to escape. Hera along with Kanan rush to Ezra's rescue aboard the Ghost. Ezra needs to trust Kanan in order to survive and he does just that. He is remorseful and reflects on his actions, his commanding rank is stripped away from him by Hera.
    That is all I remember. Keep in mind I might have missed some stuff.

Also, my thoughts on Thrawn: I think he will have a similar presence to Vader. Vader was the main, unbeatable villain of season 2, in season 3 Thrawn will play that role. I suppose he might appear in more episodes than Vader but if he appears too much, his character might get diminished - they really need to be careful with him, not to piss of the fans. :D Perhaps he will get sent by Palpatine to the Unknown Regions and that way Rebels will be spared from certain destruction?

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  8. Devizz

Apr 30, 2014
    As for the Sabine clone, I feel silly for not considering it earlier but it could simply be Sabine under disguise.

9. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Devizz

Please do not double post as it counts as a form of spam. Use the edit button to avoid double posting. However if it has been more then a day and no one has posted after you, then you may post again.

10. Devizz

Apr 30, 2014

I wanted to but there is no edit button.

11. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    It eliminates after a certain amount of time. I know your probably eager to post but next time if you can't edit either wait until someone else posts or if no one does until next the day.

12. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    That's what I immediately thought, I was shocked at the consideration that they reused Sabine's model like they did Maketh Tua :eek:

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

It's possible she didn't know that it was Kenobi's child. I'm not losing hope, despite how the evidence seems to point to the contrary. I'm bored of the Skywalker family being the central focus of the saga. That notion of Luke teaching a young Kenobi descendant is too juicy to pass up.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Devizz that Fulcrum is almost certainly a new one and speculation right now is that Fulcrum 2.0 is Kallus.

Also speaking of Fulcrum. Would the mods be okay if I resurrected the old thread on the speculation? Todd the Jedi TheSilentInfluence

15. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Kallus being Fulcrum 2.0 would be cool IMO.

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    So I really don't want inquisitors to show up again this season, but Filoni needs to explain how padawan Ahsoka could jump off a super high wall and easily use the force to stop herself right before the ground in that Landing at point rain episode of TCW yet a highly trained inquisitor (8th Brother) who has much more experience in the force just dies from losing his helicopter lightaber and falling. Cause all inquisitors have to be confirmed dead by IV right?

17. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014

Agreed, great character arc for him. Especially as his and Zeb's episode was a highlight of last season.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  18. Devizz

Apr 30, 2014

Calling it now, Maul will die at the hands of Vader either at the end of Season 3 or 4. Nice save attempt Filoni but you spilled too much. :p

19. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    That's a big "no", as far as I'm concerned. It's part of the whole "if it's not in the OT, it can't exist" trap that too many fans--and creators at Lucasfilm!--fall into. Makes things too neat & tidy.

We never had any instance in the OT where an Inquisitor would've been useful or preferred. It's something I wish the Story Group would recognize and put into play for the post-ROTJ years, and during the OT itself. Maybe Luke takes on and defeats an Inquisitor between ESB & ROTJ by the skin of his teeth. Wouldn't that be something to see? Or between ANH & ESB, same situation but Luke's outmatched--even after the training he received while on Nar Shaddaa. Then you could have that moment where Han saves Luke's neck by shooting the distracted Inky and THAT could be the first one that Luke owes Han when Han says "That's two you owe me, junior!" in ESB, rather than it being the Death Star battle from 3 years before ESB. Maybe over their many adventures between ANH & ESB, Luke saves Han's neck, evening things out for awhile until an encounter with an Inquisitor.

Han saving Luke from an Inky would also be a nice callback to Han shooting Clone Palpatine, or Owen shooting Maul in the Visionaries story "Old Wounds".

Anyhow, bottom line is I disagree with the notion that ALL of the Inquisitors must be dead by the time of Episode IV.

20. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

Been beaten to death so much.

cwustudent and Vorax like this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It was the only thing that made bringing Maul back worthwhile.

22. RavagerFish

RavagerFish Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2011
    Excellent summary! I just wanted to add...

• Kallus is the one who objects to Thrawn's civilian casualties, which, to me, lends credence to him wanting to defect as the new Fulcrum.
    • Ezra leaves Titus to be destroyed in a very dark sided fashion.
    • Phantom is destroyed with the station, hence why it is replaced in the trailer.
    • Thrawn allows the Rebels to escape, with Pryce saying that Thrawn "has something larger in mind than the capture of a single rebel cell.
    • Y-Wings are sent to Dodonna.
    • Ezra and Kanan have a nice talk at the end of the episode where Ezra apologizes and says thank you, but still has a clear interest in the Sith holocron.

23. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Does Titus manage to escape or is he dead?

24. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Or Han shooting at the Inky distracts him for Luke to run him thru with his lightsaber.

Maybe adapt Splinter of The Mind's Eye with an Inky coming after them instead of Vader.

25. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    Oooohh, cant wait for that dark saber story arc, Please Maul get it back. Kill chopper and tear it out of Sabines grip, she does not deserve it.

Knight Wolf likes this.