main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    B-Wings ain't your typical starfighter, I was glad we got to see Hera in action with that beautiful ship.

2. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Btw, what do you guys think of this nightsister ? Could it be Asajj Ventress ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cwustudent likes this.
  3. NotaKlutz

NotaKlutz Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2016
    Here's my idea for the 3rd season finale:

The rebels, Ezra, Kanan, Hera, Sabine, and Zeb, were almost finished mopping up the forces at an Imperial base. Meanwhile, Darth Vader sent an unknown Inquisitor to the base to hunt down the rebels. Just as they were getting ready to depart the base, the rebels saw an unusually designed ship in the distance. Hera ordered her four comrades to get down just as the ship opened fire on the Ghost, killing her. The ship's entrance ramp then opened, releasing the Inquisitor. Without warning, the Inquisitor released torrents of Force Lightning eight times the "Lethal" level, killing all but Kanan and Ezra, who managed to pull out their lightsabers just in time to deflect the blast. Kanan's sense of both grief for his comrades and joy that he was able to save Ezra and himself didn't last long, however, as the Inquisitor quickly lifted him in the air with the Force before impaling him. Seeing his friends being slain by a single Inquisitor, and having already been corrupted by Darth Maul, Ezra decided to call upon the full power of the Dark Side to avenge his friends; however, this was quickly thwarted by the Inquisitor, who pulled Ezra towards him with the Force, knocking his lightsaber out of his grip. The Inquisitor gripped Ezra's throat tightly, and then killed Ezra relatively quickly. The Inquisitor then remarked, "I shouldn't have done that; those rebel scum didn't deserve a merciful death."
    A training droid then exited the Inquisitor, telling him, "Master, he's here" The droid quickly transformed into Vader. "You did well. Return to my ship at once; it is time to complete your training", Vader told the Inquisitor. The Inquisitor agrees with Vader. The episode ends with the Inquisitor's ship departing the planet and jumping to an undisclosed location.

See if you can figure out who the "Inquisitor" is.

KyloSolo likes this.
  4. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    The X-Wing was very much the star of the OT...and the B-Wing really got no love in the OT because they are never really seen in combat......and who in all the Hells of The Sith told you the Galaxy was fair??[face_devil]

5. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

Ventress never used any nightsister magic though, so it would make no sense for her to be the one doing it. Also, they wouldn't have her voice actress playing her and some random Sith from the holocron, that would be too confusing for people. To be honest, I had hoped the nightsister magic had died with Mother Talzin. It served its purpose in TCW, but never really felt completely star wars-y to me. If Mother Talzin is back again I will be quite disappointed, if it's Ventress I'll be even more disappointed, not because I dislike Ventress, but because I feel her story has already been wrapped up, and I'm tired of
    characters coming back from the dead.

cwustudent likes this.
  6. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    #NoStarkillerInRebels

Sow, Toonimator, podjazd and 4 others like this.
  7. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I think there is more Kanan there than Ventress. Maybe it's Bendu? Maybe it's the Night Sisters? No matter. Green-Glowing-Eyes-Kanan looks like a good bet for KILLING MAUL [face_devil] .

8. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    She can't be Talzin. She would never attack her own son. ;)

Perhaps Mighella from the old EU ?

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks like some kinda Lazarus pit he's coming out've, and there is standards and motifs surrounding it like its some kinda holy place. There may be simply an unseen villainess this season, as we heard a female voice that did not sound like Holocron's Artificial Intelligence talking this time, or the Bendu is not such a good dude and could be pinning various characters against eachother for his own gain. For all we know Maul may very well end up saving Kanan from whatever is possessing him.

10. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    At least Maul is wearing a shirt now.

11. NotaKlutz

NotaKlutz Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2016
    #DisneyRe-CanonizedThrawnWhyNot?

KyloSolo likes this.
  12. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Someone please gouge out my eyes. This "ending" would only cater to those who hate Rebels, and that should never be done as it's the fans that got the show as far as it has, not the haters. This is a literal paradise for those who somehow think that TFU explained the birth of The Rebel Alliance better than Rebels currently is.

And Starkiller doesn't belong in Star Wars, he belongs in Dragon Ball Z. Friggin Gary Sue. Glad he's uncanon, and he should stay that way.

Darthmaul208, Sow, Toonimator and 5 others like this.
  13. NotaKlutz

NotaKlutz Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2016
    1) Jumping to conclusions. 2) Just an idea 3) PLEASE don't take this too seriously 4) Starkiller should NOT be affiliated with DBZ 5) I don't hate Rebels, I just thought it was an interesting idea for Disney

Ryan Hunt likes this.
  14. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    I'd hardly call killing of all the main characters in Rebels in such a forced way an interesting idea.

People who don't like Rebels WOULD love that ending, let's be honest here. It's a valid conclusion.

Toonimator likes this.
  15. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This from a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) done today by Ashley Eckstein.
    So it seems like we won't see Ahsoka in Season 3, but it's still great to have her back :)

16. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Valid perhaps but hardly the only one possible. I don't really care for Rebels thus far and I don't automatically support killing everyone off, handling counts a lot too. I am semi-hopeful for S3.

17. KyloSolo

KyloSolo Jedi Padawan

Sep 25, 2015
    I'm actually not against this, but I would make sure he's not as stupidly overpowered as he was in the TFU games and I would put this at the beginning of the episode instead of a way to end the episode, but I actually prefer having this as the first scene in a new season where all of the enemies they had have been dealt with and need a new one and have him chase the Ghost crew the whole season.

Tykylo likes this.
  18. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    I don't think it's really fair to dictate what someone else can think is an interesting idea.

NotaKlutz and Cushing's Admirer like this.
  19. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    DarthAnakin96 and cwustudent like this.
  20. NotaKlutz

NotaKlutz Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2016
    You know what? Screw my idea. I like yours better.

KyloSolo likes this.
  21. NotaKlutz

NotaKlutz Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2016
    I don't mean to be rude, but Rebels in reality is just about five bumbling insurrectionists whose ONLY goal in life is to attack Imperial bases with little to no direction.

I've watched Rebels before, and it's not half-bad, but this is the sad reality about it. The show goes to almost no length to explain the birth of the Alliance, and to me, the overall story was underwhelming.

Where is the good story?

Where are the senators? Did Disney kill them off or something?

Where is the unfinished Death Star?

We need to know, Disney!!

#BadassEx-Sith

22. NotaKlutz

NotaKlutz Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2016
    Can't we just be honest here and admit that a lot of people only watch Rebels to see the hot Mandalorian?

23. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Sabine may be my favourite character but she's not the only reason why I watch the show. There's plenty to enjoy about Rebels.

Rebels is clearly showing a progression and development within the Rebellion. We've seen the first use of the B-Wing, we've seen them gathering allies (S3 trailer shows they recruit defecting Imperial cadets), we've seen them adding ships to their fleet (Trailer shows they are after Y-Wings for a strike force), we've seen them search for and locate a base of operations. Season Two was litterally all about building up the Rebellion. If this isn't development and you don't think it's going anywhere, I don't know what will. What did TFU do? All I remember is Starkiller rescuing some Senators and boom: Rebellion. No progression at all.

As for the Death Star, we have barely begun Season Three. A reveal like that will be later on in Rebels, if at all. Rouge One will be exploring that.

Oh, and you should probably know that Disney don't write Rebels, they just fund and air it. Lucasfilm writes it. If you wanna blame anyone, blame them.
    Distributer=/=Producer.

24. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    #BecauseHeWasaBadIdeaTheFirstTime.

#PlusYour'eTotallyViolatingtheNoDoublePostingRule.

cwustudent likes this.
  25. Knight of Wren

Knight of Wren Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 13, 2016
    First off, I see your new here. Welcome to the forums.

MandoArtist summed it up pretty well. The Ghost crew was really only directionless in season 1. Season 2 showed them reluctantly join a larger fight by combining forces with Phoenix Squadron, build up their strike fleet, and find a more suitable base of operations after getting ratted out of their last one on Garrel. Season 3 looks like things will get even more structured and organized as the show's timeline gets closer to Rogue One and ANH. Remember, the rebellion didn't even have a major victory until the theft of the Death Star Plans, so I think it's safe to say that events are progressing just fine. I think I remember Dave saying a while back in an interview that Season 3 will involve important info regarding the birth of the rebel alliance as well (?) I say just sit back, be patient, and enjoy the ride.

Errrr... No comment :p

Honestly though, I'm pretty sure Sabine is more often an excuse for why people don't like the show. Personally, I think it's pretty lame that people think all Mandalorians have to be dull killing machines. I like that we finally have gotten to meet a Mando with a unique personality, as well as one that isn't a total jerk for once (seriously Vizsla? Burning down a defenseless village just for the fun of it? Not cool man, not cool).

P.S. I'm no mod but just as a friendly bit of advice please don't double or triple post. It's much more organized to keep all your thoughts in one clear and concise post. ;)