main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Sow

Sow Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 2, 2015
    On the other hand they could smuggle quick joke/comment about it in one of the episodes - someone mentioning that they knew Sabine's mother, Fenn Rau putting facts together and realising that she's closest living relative to Satine, which means she's a princess (don't know if it's actually possible and works that way, I have no idea how inheritance in monarchy work):

Fenn Rau: You are Mandalorian princess!
    Ezra: It's true, Sabine?
    Sabine: ...I guess it is?
    Zeb: So what does this actually mean for us?
    Sabine: That you all should obey my orders or be punished for treason?
    Ezra: Isn't that what we're doing already?
    Sabine: Good peasant.

or:

Ezra: So if you are princess does that mean that If one day I'll actually succeed on inviting you on a date I'll becom...
    Sabine: Princess and some street rat? Come on Ezra, doesn't it sound like a complete fairy tale?
    <Ezraladdin joke, I'm sorry I had to>

2. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Devizz
    In game it has (Clone Wars) after his name, so I doubt it. He also has a shirt on in the season 3 trailer, but you never know.

3. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014

I mean, I know it is a wild guess and I might be wrong. :D

4. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    He's also got the chicken-legs in the game, just printed on regular minifig legs instead of the unique legs he had in the actual Lego set. So definitely a TCW representation.

5. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    This definitely looks interesting. I look forward to this season with great interest.

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Has the episode list for season three been leaked, yet?

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  7. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Unfortunately not, but hopefully it won't be long. Though in the meantime I do have some ideas about what it may look like:
    Of course we have the premiere, with Hondo, the Y-wings, and a little of Thrawn.
    I'm guessing another episode will be based around Wedge.
    Another where they had back to Concord Dawn and face the Mandos.
    Another where Maul kidnaps the crew, and Ezra and Kanan have to rescue them (as seen in the clip). I'm also guessing this is the episode where we see possessed Kanan, and the Holocron Merging (though this could be a two parter.)
    I'm guessing there will be an episode focused on Thrawn, and where the rebels find out he's on their trail.
    Then of course we have the battle droids episode too.
    And I think I saw a glimpse of Lothal in the trailer, so it looks like we're going back there finally.
    There are probably more in there, and I'm guessing Thrawn will be a part of most of these episodes.

Sixes and ConservativeJedi321 like this.
  8. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Me!

He's still a Mandalorian to me dang it!

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  9. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015

Yeah, I always saw the whole "Jango isn't a Mandalorian" nonsense as Almec trying to save face in front of Obi-Wan no matter what the Story Group says. In my head they're still mandalorians until something canon explicitly stated otherwise.

I know it's stubborn, but that's just how I always interpreted Almec's line and that interpretation has stuck even after Dave insists that Boba isn't a Mandalorian anymore.

podjazd likes this.
  10. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
    Sorry to interrupt your Mando/Jango talk here but I wanted to get something out of my head if I might be able to.:boba:

Two directions I'm worried that Rebels is taking:
    1. Small Universe Syndrome (SUS), everybody just so happens to meet everybody in the same place at the same climactic event. This isn't really too serious yet (not liberty kids levels thank goodness) but it is a problem brought about by the whole, "Single Consistent Universe" thing Disney has going on with SW. Consistency is a good thing, but having every small event or character effecting a large part of the whole of the story is not good. Some stories should only affect themselves and don't need to be a part of the larger whole.
    2. The Bendu, "I'm the one in the middle" so you have the light side and the dark side; the light side is good, the dark side is evil, and the middle is...just as good as the light side but not as bad as the dark side? I'm getting a, "We must rise above Good and Evil" jive out of this. Not good, from a certain point of view. :ben:

missile, podjazd and cwustudent like this.
  11. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Never understand the complaints about the "SUS", as you call it. Why is it such a problem if things are connected? Truthfully, it adds to the story instead of hindering it. I like seeing events from other materials being referenced or brought about in a new way, instead of these characters just being throw away characters who have no effects on anything in the galaxy. It's storytelling. Conveniences are typical, especially in a franchise like SW. Familiarity sells also.

And I don't see the problem with the Bendu. We got one little quote from him in the trailer, we don't really know all there is to know about him yet. Being in the "middle" could refer to him not aligning with light or dark, but being a neutral force who sees things not through rose tinted glasses of the factions. Don't really see it as some hidden message.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  12. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
    Well let's see, so far we've met: Hondo, Rex, Ashoka, Tarkan, Yoda, Vader, Bossk, Thrawn, Leia, and Darth Maul just to name a few. The number of mentionable or memorable original characters in the show is precious little. You have an entire galaxy to play in! Why the full parking-lot? I get that the show is supposed to be about the founding of the Rebel Alliance, but IMHO it shouldn't have been.

I might have exaggerated a bit with the subverted message interpretation but it has been around since Ashoka didn't "self identify" as a jedi.
    edit: being "grey" seems to be a common theme.

13. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I agree that it can be very easy to go overboard with characters we already know... individually, they can be rationalized. As covert "smuggler"-types, the Ghost crew of Season 1 could reasonably have run across Solo, Lando (as we saw), and any number of others in their dealings with Vizago (as Hondo shows). Bounty hunters, too (Ezra's already met Bossk!)

The ones that make most logical sense, given the story of their cell, are the droids, the Organas, Cham, Ahsoka. Being a thorn in the Empire's side in the Outer Rim and having Force users in the mix, plus association with Ahsoka, brings Tarkin & Vader into conflict with them. That all works fine... Yoda, too, as someone to give guidance from afar and legitimize Kanan's decision to train Ezra & promote him to full Knight. And Ahsoka brings 'em into contact with Rex, which works. Meeting a few other Rebels we know (like Wedge) makes a reasonable amount of sense.

But beyond that group, really, it gets into iffy territory. Boba would just be adding more to that... they could add him, or any number of other characters... but should they?

The main ones to avoid at all costs, to me, are Obi-Wan and Luke & his friends/family. Just avoid Tatooine denizens altogether. Ezra's "Jabba" alias is enough.

14. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Any news on a possible show date yet?

Erkan12 likes this.
  15. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014
    Not officially (yet) but if history is any indication early October is most likely.

16. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    September 24th.

17. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Get hyped! Comes out the same week as the Death Star expansion for Battlefront! Gonna be an amazing week..

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I like the move to Saturdays, means I can watch at my leisure instead of waiting until I finish work.

19. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    Hopefully, that will help with audience numbers too... I know a few of my son's friends' parents who wouldn't let their children stay up until 9 pm to see Rebels on a school night. A weekend night is a more reasonable time to stay up late :)

I don't know much about TV. Does the slightly earlier start mean we'll get more episodes, or that they'll end the season earlier / take a longer winter break? I suppose it doesn't matter much, as long as they don't do those horrible irregular skips they did Season 1. heh, Remember those?

20. Kenobi098

Kenobi098 Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2013

Considering the fact that Satine was a duchess not a Queen, if sabine was a Relative She would Just be Lady Sabine Not an princess. This would imply mandalore was at least part of some other galatic kingdom At one point.

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011

Yeah, I could do without so many 2 week breaks.

22. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    1.Brief plot description of S3
    Siege of Mandalore perhaps ? [face_praying]

DBPirate likes this.
  23. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

will It be on every Saturday or is that just for the premier ? has this been confirmed? also what time, hopefully 8 PM ?

24. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Oh no, if Sabine is related to Satine and the Mandalore rulers and is a "princess" then Rebels will be too similar to ANH!

Sabine- Leia
    Ezra- Luke
    Kanan- Obi Wan
    Zeb- Chewbacca
    Hera- Han Solo (slightly forced but they own their ship)

And then throw in the speculation that Sabine is force sensitive.. ..

I don't think it's going in that direction.

25. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    Saga Explorer and cwustudent like this.