main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Actually the Empire will build those walls unaware Sabine wanted them to!

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Walls are good for regulation and protection. I'd support Sabine's wall as long as she serves Maul by the end of the season like Rook Kast before her.[face_not_talking];)

Those are dumb kinda garbage droids, they probably couldnt afford Magnaguards for Maul, budget and all.[face_shame_on_you]

From the trailer it looks like Hera gets captured by both Maul and Thrawn this season.:oops:Maul looked to have used the Force on her mind to interrogate or something from the hand gestures.

3. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Sabine would never submit to Maul!

SuperSecretMuffin likes this.
  4. RemusPo

RemusPo Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2016
    Just as long as Emperor Palpatine publishes his medical history records.

fett 4 likes this.
  5. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Given recent discussion about Sabine being Mand'alor, I present to you this video and all it's Sabine-hating comment section.

6. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Reading those comments gives me physical pain. But see, that's your first mistake, never read YouTube comments. You'll keep your sanity a lot longer.

7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    This is really good. You should post this in the Sabine fanclub too. :)

8. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I think we will see Obi-Wan vs Maul at some point in this show. I have found two sources that suggest this idea:

Dave Filoni has expressed interested in getting Ewan McGregor on the show

This tweet by Ray Park

Obviously this isn't hard evidence, but I think it could happen. I know a lot of people want this show to focus on the ghost crew, but to be honest I would prefer if it just showed were the interesting stories were, because they may never get another chance to have a TV show during the dark times. If in the summer after season 3 they aired a TV movie like Siege of Lothal that was told from Obi-Wan's perspective where he fights Darth Maul, I would certainly not complain. That way we could avoid the issue of the ghost crew running into every single character from the movies, they wouldn't even need to be there.

9. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Sigh they are so desperate they had to bring Obi-wan on the show didn't they.

So they bring Maul back to do Obi-wan v Maul duel number 58, how original :(

10. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    A more imaginative story would be if they joined forces against a common foe.

But even old tigers, sensing the end are at their most fierce.

[​IMG]

11. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    But if we have Obi Wan Vs Maul, we can't have Vader Vs Maul.
    I would rather have Vader Vs Maul.
    What would you all rather have?
    Vote Now!

fett 4, cwustudent and Darth Wookiee like this.
  12. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

I would rather have Vader Vs Maul as well actually, since at this point I think Obi-Wan is past his prime, but Maul seems to be as powerful as ever, so I think Sheev, Vader, and Ahsoka are the only people in canon right now who can fight him.

13. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

Not to mention Obi-Wan should be on Tatooine, keeping an eye on Luke, not going after Maul. Unless Maul happens to go to Tatooine, then a Kenobi vs Maul confrontation could happen.

cwustudent likes this.
  14. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe possible Yoda sends Ezra to meet Kenobi, but thats extremely dumb as it jeopardizes Luke. Then again Bail has Leia right under Palpatine's nose and she's already out their fighting the Imps and witnessing Jedi in action, so who knows . Maul going to Tatooine is risky since he'd be wanted by the Hutts, Black Sun and Empire. I don't think Maul has any love for the Hutts and the Black Sun for betryaing the Shadow Collective, nor they him if they value their lives. Maul seems kinda solo these days, so he'd be outnumbered, no matter who you are the numerical superiority is an advantage of this enemy's side and he'd be aware of this and probably also explains why he'd attach himself to The Ghost crew for survival and strength in numbers. If he went there to Tatooine it would not be to have a chat, he'd be fighting his through all sorts of slime. If he went to Tattoine for just a showdown with Kenobi then it ends pretty much like in "Old Wounds", which was seen before and very lame, killed by Owen Lars, and his arm cut off by Kenobi. A Maul and Yoda meet could be possible since they are kinda already intertwined with Ezra and Malachor plus TFU II when Starkiller meets Yoda, could be replayed differently with Maul. How would Ezra feel about Yoda for sending them there. If Yoda took war and the deaths hard during Clone Wars, how would he feel about what occurred on Malachor. Thrawn seems to be the more weekly villain like Kallus and The Inquisitor were in the 1st Season from what they sound like they're talking about. I don't think they'd make Vader or Maul into Tyranus or Grievous . Ezra is really too young to be either the Anakin or Kenobi taking on a Tyranus or Grievous and neither Maul nor Vader really could be villains of the week. They have to be used sparingly and both already have been on these animated shows. The cartoon's writing of the scene when Maul strikes the Jedi, the writing and portrayal is so shabby to comical almost where its really not entirely clear if he intended to kill Ahsoka and Kanan outright or was just making it up as he went along, as he seemed more like he was a wild animal fighting more to determine hierarchy than the actual clear cut deliberate slaying of the Jedi. Plus he knew Vader was there and gonna drop in, so he had to be prepared for him as he apparently did not seem to think he needed these Jedi around to deal with him. Over confidence maybe, but its seems more than that, plus their is a superweapon. But even it does not really explain the gamble in its entirety, what if Ezra witnessed him slaying the Jedi what did he think was gonna happen, I mean the story was just bat **** crazy. Maul seems to have been playing the end game as he said, the weapon was activated where its like this doomsday device ready to kill everyone in some wave of destruction and maybe even himself as since he's fighting some kinda crusade against the Sith- how exactly was he planning on making it out've there in the first place or did he think he was?! While they had him make pretty much all the classic villain mistakes, and they did the same thing with Vader, they talk to much and don't finish off their beaten opponents and are easily distracted. Maul in Season III on one hand displays some regret about taking Kanan's eyes and not wanting to kill him, but he quickly has a colorful death planned or at least a payback for the trip off the pyramid by Kanan, Maul did not see it coming, Kanan would not. So they seem like two dicks and frat brothers playing a deadly game until someone gets hurt or killed. They make Maul loaded with a dark sense of mirth & humor. They seem to be playing Maul as very ambiguous and even deranged like a Loki or Puck character, a trickster . He's gone from this very immoral character on TCW to this amoral character on Rebels. I don't think he knows any better than the Sith way since he was raised as a Sith and groomed. He knows only his own training as probably knows of no other way as I doubt he views the Jedi as being of any worth for a variety of reasons both professional and personal. Plus he's already made enemies of the Jedi and the Sith, there is really no side he can align with aside from his own, plus he was never a Jedi. So for a Sith Lord to experience empathy on his own and learn of it, with the death's of brother, his mother and his people I think he as to be aware of his feelings and he definitely is. He even expresses certain amount of care towards Ezra, which is not very Sith like. I think Maul is more evolving on and Lucas seemed to put him through his own crucible , basically following a Hero's journey but a twisted take.

I don't really see how Kenobi could fit into Rebels or Maul's storyline some 17 years or more since Son of Dathomir, or earlier with The Lawless.

We had incarnations of Maul brought back in Dark Horse a few times, and as a incarnation again in the form hologram training droid in Marvel. Maul would lose either match because of the OT, so it really doesnt matter I would say, as it would it would not advance the plot nor make Vader or Kenobi look any better for ANH or how Vader would be beaten by Luke or why Kenobi could not stop cyborg Vader. If they brought Maul back to just kill him off again then he was better left MIA in TPM where the character had the dignity and mystery intact. It would be simply Maul being Filoni's Revan, keep bringing him back to kill off again like in the bioware Old Republic games. If Maul goes out he should on his own terms, but they kinda already played those cards with Ventress and Ahsoka's demises. Maul is too much of a survivor and end game player, so to just let himself go out without obtaining what believes as a victory would leave not only the fans annoyed but the saga rather bleh. Maul living past the OT , it makes for a more interesting and compelling storyline like hinted at in "Shattered Empire".

I could maybe see Maul feeling the shoes of The Son, Ahsoka The Daughter and Ezra The Balance- that storyline was very reminiscent of the Grail Knight and Holy Grail scene in Indiana Jones III, so they could all be anchorites that maybe Luke stumbles upon at some point or searches for.

Rebels should explore Maul and who he is which I think they will.

Ray Park won't be voicing Maul, and he never has voiced Maul, so if anything maybe he's heard of a spin off movie which seems highly more likely rather than down wind of future dealings on an animated series unless someone he knows spilled the beans to him which is always possible . They need more Maul books as most of them are obsolete due to the EU/Legends. So there is much to tell about Maul at various points in SW history. Ray has been very loyal to Maul but it could just be his wishful thinking as always, but we shall pray their is a good movie in the works. Hate to see just Maul in animation, he needs his own space and stories.

15. Sow

Sow Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 2, 2015
    After watching Dash interview with Freddie Prinze Jr. (aka Kanan) we can confirm for sure that
    We will have season 4 and Sabine is alive in it at least in episode 2, probably same as Kanan (since he was there we can assume that he's alive too, otherwise why would he be there to lend his voice? Friendly visit? Nah, he's alive).

What I'm worried about is that Bendu and gray jedi will be simple "jedi who thinks and act like jedi but can use both sides force powers because reasons". I'm okay with some people being able to use force lightnings and some other dark side techniques without being absolute jerks and pure evil, but I hope it will go with some reasonable excuses for why they can do it - using some strong dark side techniques should require at least partially depending on your anger and hatred, don't have to go nuts or even sith (aka stoner) eyes, just get angry and don't be 100% lawful good helping everyone, because we already have jedi so it wouldn't make any difference except for getting dope powers for adding "grey" before "jedi".

16. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    How could folks not like Sabine? She has blue hair, and spray paint bombs, and she graffitied a TIE fighter.

17. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Sabine's like the coolest character in SW now.

18. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    I've said it multiple times before and I'll say it again, rebels really needs actual story arc, 99% of rebels are stand alone episodes and the episodes just feels way too rushed. I easily forget the episodes some time after I've seen them because it's a simple 20 minute episode, story started and already ends -- then the cycle repeats every week while rebels is airing. Story arcs, episodes focusing on same story 2-4 episodes.

podjazd, Danifae, fett 4 and 4 others like this.
  19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Agreed, or at the least a tighter season. I'l always argue Season 1 overall had a much more forward pace momentum than season 2. In season 2 it was the premier, a few episode in the middle, then the finale. Season 1 had that problem two but i felt more episodes mattered and certain little strings were strung along in Season 1.

20. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    The most logical ways for Obi-Wan to be in SW:Rebels are:

- A recording on the holocron (as was done before)
    - A flashback from a character who knew Obi-Wan (like Rex or Bail or someone else)
    - A visit to another Jedi temple where Yoda gets Obi-Wan on the long-distance Jedi party line with Kanan and/or Ezra

Having people going to Tatooine to visit Obi-Wan is really stretching the Saga reality. And I'd really prefer that they stick with James Arnold Taylor for consistency for doing Obi-Wan in the cartoons.

If Ewan McGregor does something, he can do another voice for maybe some other Jedi in a flashback or recording. His American accent is very good (check him out in Blackhawk Down), or maybe he can do an alien with a really thick Scottish accent. He can do a lot more than Obi-Wan. Make him work for his pay.

21. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I got fed up with season two for that reason. It was an entire season of Part 1s, and I suppose this season will be Part 2s. My problem is that I don't know what the Ghost crew are aiming towards. I'd like the season to have a goal, something more specific than topple the Empire.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

They going to make sabine pay to?

23. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    If we're going to see Obi-Wan vs Maul again, i'd rather they save that showdown for an Obi-Wan anthology film. Although a Vader/Maul fight would be fun to see too!

24. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Sabine better have her birth certificate, to prove she was born in Mandalore :p

25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    For the love of God, don't do Obi-wan v Maul. He's meant to be a hermit, watching over Luke and training. Let's not ruin the ending of RoTS