main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    I have a hard time recognizing these evolved minds of the crew, like-- "What has Kanan seen in season 2 that will help him through season 3", I just don't see that much change in him and often hard time connecting with the characters. Mainly again, because of lack of story arcs as in multiple episodes and because of some boring stand alones (and all are stand alones).

Danifae, cwustudent and Darthmaul208 like this.
  2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Yeah you have to really look for the character development!

They have mentioned that the filler episodes will have pay off though.

The Holocron/ presence sounds too much like Ventress. I know it's the same Voice actor (Nika Futterman) but is there something more to this I wonder?

We know we are getting Nightsister magic this season and I (and I would say everyone else) assumed we would go to Dathomir, could there be a possible link between the Holocron and the Nightsisters?

And at a huge stretch the Mandolorians?

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

Filler episodes are fine, as long as the series isn't constantly having them. Which they do. We got like 2-3 story arcs I believe.

cwustudent likes this.
  4. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Star Wars: The Fillers or Star Wars: Arcless

5. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

I don't get this at all.

Siege of Lothal - Vader's first appearance, Rebels leave Lothal, Ahsoka first senses Anakin
    The Lost Commanders / Relics of the Old Republic - Rex joins the crew
    Always Two There Are - introduction of new Inquisitors, rebels learn there are more inquisitors
    Brothers of the Broken Horn - Ezra meets Hondo and fulfills his debt to Vizago
    Wings of the Master - Rebels gets a B-wing prototype (this could pass as filler)
    Blood Sisters - Introduction of Ketsu, who laters appears in "The Forgotten Droid" without introduction (could be considered filler)
    Stealth Strike - Kanan learns to trust Rex
    The Future of The Force - first time we see Ahsoka in action, Inquisitors learn location of Rebel base
    Legacy - Ezra learns the fate of his parents, rebels forced to leave Garel
    Princess on Lothal - rebels meet Leia and gain new ships which are seen in later episodes, Ryder joins the rebellion
    Protector of Concord Dawn - introduction to protectors and Fenn Rau is kidnapped, which I believe will come up in season 3
    Legends of the Lasat - filler (and the second worst episode yet imo)
    The Call - filler
    Homecoming - Hera reconnects with Cham, who goes on to appear again in season 3
    The Honorable Ones - big character development for Kallus, which will likely be important in season 3
    Shroud of Darkness - Kanan is knighted, Ahsoka learns who Darth Vader really is, Yoda sends them to Malachor
    The Forgotten Droid - rebels finally find a location for their base, and AP-5 is introduced who appears later
    The Mystery of Chopper Base - filler (and the worst episode yet imo)
    Twilight of the Apprentice - obviously not filler

so at most I find 5/22 episodes are filler (in my opinion of course), so don't get the filler argument. As long as we get good episodes, I don't care if they are "filler" or not

Sow and Darthmaul208 like this.
  6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    If the supposed "filler" episodes comprise the majority of the season, can they even be considered filler anymore? I don't think we could have had 22 episodes of "Rebels continue their search for a new base" or "Darth Vader and Ahsoka continue to let their personal conflicts interfere with the Rebels' efforts".

7. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    If it is from the same episode than the Maul teaser, how about "Do you want your friends to live?".

8. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I can't speak for anyone else but sure things happen it just feels really dragged out and like filler.

Ahsoka and the Inquisitors hardly had much screen time for instance and in my opinion they were the best part.

And for every bit of screen time they have, it still doesn't feel like they develop throughout.

If I compare the show to TCW (valid point to this) it feels like alot more happens in a shorter space of time. I'm captivated by it and every episode either brings new/ exciting characters or challenges me in some way.

Rebels seems to be holding back as much backstory as possible but for little payoff.

Danifae, draw73 and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Some Filler is good like Hondo!

10. The Admiral Snackbar

The Admiral Snackbar Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 3, 2014
    I love how in the Thrawn clip not a single imperial found it suspicious that a random scout trooper came out of nowhere and decided to do the stormtrooper's job for them.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep I got this guys just popping out of this hall way.

12. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    or Thrawn knows something's up and is just letting them think they're getting away with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Thats my thought to

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Me three. I'm pretty sure he knows exactly who Hera is.

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Thrawn's voice sounds like he's trying to put the audience asleep, Grand Admiral Yawn. He's kinda underwhelming, especially as seems he's yet another villainous character with elaborate plans and traps that do not really amount to anything. The Ghost crew can't really be that dumb to think they can trick a character like Thrawn who happens to be just as infamous in the fictional universe as he is in ours. Hera never bothers to change outfits to disguise herself, not sure how many times the writers can use the same Imperial disguise gag.

cwustudent likes this.
  16. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    It's almost time again B O Y S! I came back from the shadows, its Rebels time!

EDIT: Does anyone know the page when the SW Celebration thrawn reveal was first being discussed? Can't believe I didn't think to come here during the rebels panel!

17. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I find it depressing instead of focusing on the inquisitors and their character development we get space whales, etc. What I'm trying to say is that I feel that they could have put the effort in expanding their new dark side villains but they didn't. Part of the problem is they don't their own episodes. Imagine if the season 2 inquisitors got character development like ventress. I would argue that even savage got more development then bro and sis. I bring these points up because Thrawn needs to be expanded upon, and please please give him an episode or 2 where we don't get the Ghost crew. And please don't kill him off at end of season 3. Big mistake in killing Grand Inquisitor in s1 finale and 3 inquisitors in S2. Probably he will survive because of popularity.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Space Whales with hyperdrive was amazing! :p

DarthAnakin96 and darklordoftech like this.
  19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

I think Filoni used that one already on "The Lawless" which lead up to SOD. One may as well speculate Filoni has his pet character defeat one of the most powerful characters in SW on a toon that very few could because Ezra is his character and he cant have him defeat Vader so he uses Maul as a stand in. Maybe Ezra rejects the temptation or hesitates, so he has someone else kill Maul via blaster bolt with maybe Owen Lars pops out've hood of a beat up speeder or a haggard Bo-Katan fires her last shot while she still has gas in her backpack or Sabine avenges uncle Pre wee.. Or maybe Maul vanishes into green smoke like his 'ol momma.

What we do know Maul anticipated Ezra becoming more powerful in the Dark Side as its the very reason he allocated & entrusted the Sith Holocron into Ezra's possession in the first place. Maul even says to Ezra "Welcome, my young Apprentice, I trust you found the Sith Holocron illuminating?". Maul placed the holocron right where he wanted it to be. Maul has no qualms over sacrificing his own life often enough(SOD and again on Twilight of the Apprentice) as as he's shown to be quite dedicated into destroying the Sith. So if that means Ezra is indeed his legacy, he must turn Ezra into a weapon like he himself once was for his own revenge and that means he must destroy him than so be it. The writers could be playing up Maul's age(although I don't see it as a factor as he's in better shape than younger characters by a wide margin physically as well as skill-wise and obviously Force-wise) and mental state as part of his motivations for leaving an apprentice and legacy behind. That is also rather typical Sith tradition, the apprentice has to destroy the master to take his place and gain his place - things were not different even for Vader vs Luke.

Moreover Maul could just as easily be feigning being defeated as he is a Dark Side trickster. Maybe Maul has no plans in dying anytime soon rather like the aging & wounded Sidious after being defeated by Windu, just waiting around for his moment and the moment to gain Anakin as his own also using his own life as bait upon Anakin's fears of losing Padme and not gaining the power he wanted. But if Maul gets defeated too much and an old bag, he ends up another cartoony Dooku, he would've been better left in TPM. [face_shame_on_you];)

20. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    I'm talking more of story arcs (multiple episodes, same story), can you count how many story arcs there are in that list? A story always begins, a story always ends in the same episodes.

cwustudent and fett 4 like this.
  21. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Agreed and one where they could have done an arc or more than one episode was Wolfe and his spying. That was literally revealed/resolved and wrapped up in about 10 minutes.

22. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Rebels really need story arcs without Ghost crew.

Danifae and fett 4 like this.
  23. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

This. I am specifically pointing to episodes such as space whales, which is the most boring content of starwars I've watched.

cwustudent likes this.
  24. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I'm mixed on this.
    TCW seemed to manage focusing on characters and showing us more than them. (Underworld, pirates, sith etc.)
    But even the Ghost crew still seem like pretty bland characters and have little character development, it's how they are utilised.

The Force Awakens? Felt like a parody.

25. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    What?