main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I won't be surprised if this Maul thing with the holocron she are a two episode ordeal like how getting Rex was last season.

2. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Next weeks episode is Wedge defecting.

3. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    No it's Maul and Ezra merging Holocrons and Nightsister Magic

Erkan12 likes this.
  4. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    Nightsister magic and Holocron-merging will probably be separate episodes, Maul will probably go there after he learns something in next week's episode.

5. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I wonder how Maul ''easily'' captured the Ghost crew (considering that episode starts with capture of Ghost crew) and what's the deal with these droids (which isn't usual battle droids)

[​IMG]

6. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    Yeah sorry I meant the week after this weeks.

7. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    They look a bit like medical droids. This could either be interesting or just a bit of nothing.

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Aren't they the tourist guide droids from Mandalore? They have the same smiley face screens.

9. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    No but threre is an over arching story of Ezras growth and the Mystery of Chopper base had nothing to do with that

10. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    Maul used to be a full-fledged Sith Lord and he can be stealthy when he wants to, so I don't think it's too much of a stretch that he managed to capture everyone.

As for the droids, I'm going to wager that it's all he had available. Maybe they're re-purposed civilian droids and as such not great war machines. Maul is on a budget here!

Erkan12 and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I'm pretty sure that's what they are which is hilarious.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Yeah I agree. Maul taking out soldiers and subduing The Ghost crew like a ninja would be easy pickings to him, as well he is kinda a ninja warrior. Perhaps when he baited or hunted down The Ghost he was trying to directly get Ezra but he wasnt around or as the crew likes to split up and every so often on their own missions randomly so its kinda crap shoot who you get. And yes, those are the tour guide droids that welcomed the Shadow Collective back in "Shades of Reason". Maul seems to have a sense of humor as he changed their facial displays to "evil smiley's". He probably repurposed anything he had available on that Mandalorian outpost he's using as he does not seem to have any Death Watch soldiers - I doubt he believes those droids are competent or quality guards - they're probably just serving a limited purpose obviously.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_tour_guide_droid

13. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
  14. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Sounds like The Bendu was supposed to be originally like the size of the Gorog going by the trivia, the creature was to have been in "Mystery of Chopper Base", probably more explains the title. The base goes missing as they built their base on The Bendu's back and it moved.

15. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    To me it sounded like he was originally going to be more like the Lion Turtle from Avatar the Last Airbender.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Then Kanan can take Vaders Force away? :p

17. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    Well no, but you could be on to something there. I can sorta picture the Bendu doing that to others.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I would hope that would be impossible

La Calavera and cwustudent like this.
  19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Maybe he takes away Ezra's force ability?

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Shhh your giving Filoni ideas!

21. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    tumblr_inline_nvvog8M8h01rtvu09_500.png

22. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I think they took out the possibility of taking the Force away from anything when they ditched the Force-cancelling lizards from the EU when they brought in Thrawn --- geeeez that was the cheesiest plot device ever and good riddance.

If he's truly in the middle, the Bendu may not always be on their side, though his dark side may come more in the form of inaction than action. And he may be willing to give advice to dark-siders as easily as he does Jedi though I'm pretty sure Vader and the Emperor would kill him automatically, though I wonder if that's possible.

And I look forward to seeing those droids -- I wonder what they sound like. And how much are they going to be able to do with Maul in a 20+ minute episode. I guess it's too much to expect a quick death for Maul.:rolleyes:

cwustudent and La Calavera like this.
  23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

Thats a good point. And knowing Filoni and his Airbender days, probably something there. Although such a mythological creature called the Aspidochelone, that is very similar to the Lion Turtle is found in Greek and Roman mythology which am pretty sure Filoni would also draw inspiration from as well.

24. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    So the description of this weeks episode is "When Maul takes the crew of the Ghost hostage, Ezra and Kanan must pass a trial in order to recover an ancient Sith artifact to save them." Maybe they have to go back to the Bendu and pass a trial to recover it from him, because Maul wants it back?

cwustudent likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    But why would the Bendu offer a trail?