main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 30, 2016.

1. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Since your post is unnecessarily wordy, I'll trim it and answer your bits.
    I never said that Kanan, Ezra, or the Rebellion would be destroyed by Thrawn. That however does not mean that he can't deal them some defeats and losses in the course of events leading up to Rogue One/The Battle of Yavin. So no, I don't think he will do that but I do think he has is more likely to deal some defeats to the rebellion since Tarkin is likely busy with the Death Star and Vader is off doing something else the Emperor wants him to do since with Ahsoka gone they won't she won't be able to lead the Empire to other former Jedi. Kanan and Ezra are small fish in a large pond, that won't lead them to other targets that could actually threaten them personally.
    Of the three you mentioned, Thrawn could easily live on through the OT. The Galaxy is a big place and that leaves plenty of room for him to operate in the inner rim, outer rim, or beyond the rim. As we know, remnants of the Empire continued to exist after ROTJ.

I didn't bring this up, so I'm not sure where you're going here. Nor do I care, because this is Rebels and he survived to this time. Regardless, a character's exit is never going to completely please an audience.
    I disagree. It's time to wrap up his story and realistically it's probably time to wrap up Kanan's too. Maul has served his purpose of luring Ezra to the learn the dark side of the force.

One thing I think the Bendu kind of hinted at, is that it isn't the knowledge specifically that is evil but the intent behind it.

As I mentioned earlier, it's time for the story to start shifting from dealing with force users combatting each other to the Rebellion vs the Empire.

Edit to add: If the story shifts enough from dealing with force users to Rebellion vs Empire, then we could see some campaigns to liberate systems from Empire control.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  2. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I don't like this mentality, there is much more to Star Wars then lightsaber duels. In fact I think Rebels should have had less duels. Disney is already giving us Rouge One, a film without a duel. Hopefully if we see a series that actually focuses on the Empire vs Rebellion there will be no lightsaber duels.

Erkan12, Dinos4Ever and jabberwalkie like this.
  3. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    Please Mandalore. After all, always a bit of truth in Legends.

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    jabberwalkie

You don't care because you prefer to ignore & wish-away what you don't like. Thrawn even in the EU was just a villain and suffered from all the classic protagonist flaws, not really sure what you expect from him in canon. If you're expecting the destruction of the Rebels thats not gonna happen, not even the First Order can destroy the Rebels all those years later, heroes are always gonna win. Even then he was beaten by Luke, Mara Jade, Solo, Leia, Lando ect (some obviously Force wielders) and even then Thrawn may not of been a Dark Jedi himself but he certainly had one in that story on his side and they gave him the ability to defeat them through the Ysalmari otherwise yeah he would've been dead that much sooner even at the hands of Jorus C'baoth. You already presume Thrawn is this great man and somehow he's able to survive(I guess protection) while Maul must die,lol. For all we know they both do or all do, realistically .

Rebels(the story is mainly about Ezra and a lil bit of Sabine) isnt all about soldiers vs soldiers or Rebels vs Empire, never was. I don't see these military types as particularly well written let alone as effective on this program or Ezra and Kanan taking a back seat for military style commanders whether name brand or original to replace them. Nor just some random smuggler or pirate rebel carrying a show . Thrawn does not make any sense surviving a post ROTJ as he's simply a military officer . So far Thrawn did squat this season, judging from Kallus's remarks, Thrawn claim to fame is something to be desired even by his standards. There is no evidence he a great success, he certainly could not have stopped the Rebel Alliance and chances are that he kills Kanan and Ezra are pretty slim. With the rebellion growing as they just got Y-Wings for ANH while Thrawn brushed them all off, that is far from in tatters he seems already a blunderer I am afraid and no different a villain that what we already seen. So what fantastic victories do you imagine the Empire will have between now and say ANH and what exactly did he or other Imperials do post ROTJ . The Imperials lost battle after battle following the new canon that I can tell you & those that survived fled to the far off region to escape complete capitulation & annihilation at the hands of the New Republic(along with their own inner power struggles) and just rebuilt a small army in a revenge attempt and another Death Star-like weapon that took them 30 years in exile. Not even TCW was just clones vs droids.

There is no evidence that Maul served his purpose, thats your opinion or wish. We still do not even know exactly what that is on Rebels. Ahsoka may not even be dead which kinda makes her battle with Vader whatever. They could always have her return. Kanan and Ezra do not look to be going anytime soon so that right there are 2 Jedi around and as the next season after this should move just a little bit more closer to ANH. With The Bendu being introduced that is another Force character to contend with, not one less.

The more I watch the trailer the more that Dathorian stuff reminds me of Warcraft and the Fel magic and Fel portal from the movie. Looks like Ezra is smashing some kinda gateway tomb thingy with his lightsaber and the darksaber together in some attempt to close the power.

Hyrum_Solo likes this.
  5. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    No, I don't care to read walls of texts in a post. Which is what most of your posts turn out to be, and frankly why I tend to skip over your posts. I was succinct in what I expect to happen, and the destruction of the Rebellion is not it. Perhaps you should go back and read my post at the top of the page.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome! I hope you join us more often.

7. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    We have two jedi as a protagonists. Unlike Rogue One lightsaber duels are more natural in this series.

8. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    I have a question - when do we get a thread for the next ep? Because it's bit messy here, talking about it and the season as the whole :)

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I wanted her to be Traya

[​IMG]

podjazd and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  11. Darth Krayt

Darth Krayt Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2015
    Hmm, if it isn't Traya, then it's probably a new character.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  13. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016

Same here. I am very disappointed. It was the perfect opportunity to make her canon.

14. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    Episode description for The Last Battle
    On a salvage mission led by Captain Rex, the Ghost crew is captured by a unit of old battle droids determined to fight one last battle to end the clone wars.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Interesting! Who activated them though?

16. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    I'm guessing it's one of two things:
    A) A seperatist hold out
    B) Thrawn, playing some sort of psychological angle against Rex. After all, he did say "To defeat your enemy, you have to know them, understand them."

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

[​IMG]

18. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    So it's most likely female Revan

19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I think so too. It's nice that they are bringing Old Republic stuff into Rebels.

20. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I hope it's a completely new character to be honest. One with a story I don't already know.

cwustudent likes this.
  21. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Hope not. Galaxy can't be that small...

22. Anakin 99

Anakin 99 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2016

I have a theory about the possibility of adding Revan to the new canon

I think they will use the Dark Side Ending For two reason

1- keep Darth Vader turn to the lighter side the first

2- “Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.” Any previous turning back to the lighter side will make Yoda seem stupid for saying so

cwustudent likes this.
  23. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    if its a female Revan and Revan died on Malachor, that might just be a worse ending to the character than in TOR.

24. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Maybe it's the canon dark side version of Meetra Surik

25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Or Darth Zannah. Bane's apprentice.

Darthmaul208 likes this.