main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    So this just happened.

SWcom writeup

And yes, it's inter-trilogies.

DarkSapiens likes this.
  2. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Oh, this will be fun to watch. *grabs popcorn*

(Referring to this thread, that is--we'll see about the show itself. :p)

3. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Oh boy, can't wait for the new rebel founder, Ashoka Tano who mentors a young little Han Solo and introduces him to her buddy Chewbacca for the first time! ;)

To be honest, this is better than what I feared we'd be getting... Heck, I even have a reason to go to SDCC after all after having talked with Eckstein at C2E2.

4. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    I don't know. I'll be watching this like a &$$%hawk. I want this show to display pure, proud anti-imperial iconoclasm. I don't want to see any stupid moral lessons about showing deference to authority even as a rebel, or respecting your enemy, or not making piles of stormtrooper helmets and setting them on fire.

Seeing the things that I found annoying is Clone Wars being dragged into the OT era would be a blow straight to the thymus gland.

5. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I confess I am sort of excited for the inevitable Ahsoka vs. Vader throwdown. [face_mischief]

6. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Just for god sake use new characters and plan a story line, not just make it up as you go like in TCW.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Instead of 3 years to jump around - THEY HAVE 20!

8. cavalier_one

cavalier_one Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    General Ahsoka Tano, Commander of the Rebel Forces and Chief of State of the Alliance.

9. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Considering I figured they were going to place the new series either between ANH & ESM or post ROTJ, this is a nice surprise. Depending on the exact placement, there is a lot of wide open time for them to play around here without stomping all over the EU.

Plus, it'll be cool to see an old Ahsoka vs Vader.

10. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    lol pablo "i brought the internet" <3

filoni seems kinda put-upon tho

11. Red.Two

Red.Two Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 25, 2012
    I'm fine with this. New SW is new SW, and yes, it would be good to see a final resolution for Ahsoka.

12. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Funny thing, I actually discussed my thoughts on this with Eckstein at C2E2... Ashoka may be the one single Jedi that Vader cannot easily choose to kill because she is the only one who ever rejected the order and supported his personal choices. She'll be against him going to the dark side, but that'd make her the aggressor in the fight more so than him (You've fallen too far, you must be destroyed), in an Obi-wan like position. Ashley found this idea very interesting and wanted to discuss this thought with Filoni. She had clearly never looked at it that way before.

Her death at his hands can still happen, but it will not simply be the typical Vader PURGE comics we've seen here.

Sadly, this show is probably how we'll deal with Maul and Talzin, meaning they will survive beyond Ep III. Man, the rule of 3's been utterly trashed these past few years... even if I do like Plageuis and TCW.

13. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    This is going to be a fun thread.

15. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    <Filoni>Fans will just love it! Ahsoka, the founder of the Rebellion! Who'd knew?</Filoni>

16. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    i for one am pleased to see McQuarrie's classic concept art is at long last getting the attention it deserves

this treasure trove of spaceship and character designs has languished unused for far too long

17. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    I will definitely be following this closely.

18. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Ironically, this will also probably be fairly respectful to the Force Unleashed rebel founding material since Filoni is aware of it and fond of the games.

Too bad that already messed with this era.

Still, I hope we don't just set this in 3BBY and ignore the rest of the 19 years. It'd be really nice to cover a good chunk of the unexplored time between 17-4BBY, which have only been tackled by a very small amount of EU (Droids, Han Solo books, A Jabba comic or two)

19. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    First page!

I hope the storytelling is much better than it was in TCW, which produced a fifth season that was just utter crap.

Since George Lucas has retired, we really don't need to declare OT-era continuity dead quite yet. Yes, I'm explicitly asserting that Lucas is the primary one to blame for all the TCW continuity stuff, not Filoni.

And hey, at least it's not set in the first six months after Yavin!

TychoCorde likes this.
  20. DarkSapiens

DarkSapiens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2005
    I got the impression that this would take place closer to ROTS than ANH, at least when it starts…

EDIT: And yes, every time there was something that didn't really make sense or messed with established continuity, the commentary had a phrase starting with "Lucas wanted to…" : P

21. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    You know what?

I can see Filoni using Garm. I really can. Or at the very least acknowledging his existence. Ky Narec is the precedent.

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Definitely -- Garm is exactly the sort of character they'd use. And I think they can get around continuity issues... maybe. Just don't have him hailing from Alderaan or claiming his family died during TCW and it should be fine.

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    He'll turn him into an Ithorian.

Esg likes this.
  24. werpudel

werpudel Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2008
    at the very least, this is going to give us an idea how the ST might handle canon. If filoni & Co. stick somewhat to canon that might be because the movies will too. If he doesn't...

DarthApprentice and CooperTFN like this.
  25. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    I'm optimisitc. Lucas seemed to be a bigger problem for The Clone Wars than Filoni, so it'll be interesting to see what happens without his meddling. It's about damned time we get more Dark Times material, and the team they've assembled for this is really top notch. I mean, Gargoyles! That show is still incredible.

The McQuarrie-esque visual style they're promising should also be cool to see. This is the first time they're letting a new generation play around in the OT-era since the lamentable TFU, so the crew should be bringing some real reverence and respect for the source material to the show. My biggest fear is, as ever, that 18 or 17 BBY will end up looking exactly like 1 ABY in terms of technology and uniforms and the like. I want to see a healthy mix of Clone Wars and OT elements.

Jedi Knight88 and Starkeiller like this.