main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. LivingJediDream

LivingJediDream Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2010
    Denning probably couldn't write for a TV show that would be on the Disney channel so I wouldn't worry about his involvement.

2. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    She is not going to die but its nice to dream. Sadly her creator is even more powerful only Greg stands in the way although thanks to Greg I am less worried about diversity so there is that

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I didn't watch that episode. :p

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If only Lucas had not caved into Filoni's whims.

Esg and darklordoftech like this.
  5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Ahsoka would have been executed in the S5 finale.

6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    And it is good it didn't come to that. Having a main character executed by her own allies in a tv-show for kids would've been a bad move, to put it mildly. The ending we have now I feel is far more meaningful.

Darth Ridiculis likes this.
  7. DarkSapiens

DarkSapiens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2005
    The story would never have become linear and even more EU would have been contradicted :p

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  8. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I remember being really suspicious when in Apocalypse, Ahsoka wasn't even mentioned in the part where Luke recapped the Mortis episodes for the readers. Not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed it wasn't some sort of red herring after all.

It's funny, I remember how ten years ago Samurai Jack had to be limited to showing him fight demons and robots because they didn't think the audience would be appropriate to see him kill living people. I guess you get different standards when adopting a children's movie into a show heavily marketed towards young kids.

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Can we assume that Rebels episodes will be aired in order?

10. DarkSapiens

DarkSapiens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2005
    Yes. Filoni said that going back and forth in TCW was due to Lucas.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I can't stand her, but I wouldn't be in favor of that.

My choice would be to have Ventress gut her like that ARC trooper that she kissed.

12. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Umm, no, she wouldn't have been executed in season 5. They were planning at least one more season before Disney pulled the plug. Her possible death would have been later in the line.

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I meant if the Disney sale still happened, but Filoni obeyed GL.

14. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I don't want to start a debate on this - but I agree so much.

The finale of TCW, especially that final scene was masterfully done, emotionally resonant, and fit very well with the themes of the Clone Wars - not only in the show, but in the wider EU.

And frankly, I think it works better for Anakin's wider story arc as well. If she had died...well, causality of war. But to have her quit out of her disillusionment? That had to have added to his growing doubts of his own at this time.
    It also ties in nicely to Anakin's issue about the rank of master - if she had died or gone dark side, then logically the council could have used that against Anakin getting the rank of master. However, since not only were they willing to let her back in, but willing to give her the rank of knight, and since the position of Master is given to one who trained a padawan to the rank of knight, I could easily see Anakin feel he deserves to be a master for that reason as well, but the council disagreeing because she quit without accepting the position.
    Tldr: suitably ambiguous to make Anakin's rank a point of contention in universe.

So, I am very glad it turned out as it did.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Since Anakin was solidly on her side during that arc, the events of it will play into his larger story. But I had assumed from the beginning of the series that she would die, and further add to Anakin's desperation to stop death. Or that the Council would decide that he was too "attached" to her and reassign her.

16. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    ....Your point is well made, I had not considered that.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. Obie-2-Kenobi

Obie-2-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    All this talk about Ashoka and other stuff lingering from the CW cartoon, have they even said whether or not there will be any crossover or relation to the two series?? I hope not.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Wasn't Filoni vague about whether TCW characters would appear and just indicated that he loved all of them, especially the ones that he created?

The only TCW characters I hope to see are Ventress, Bo-Katan and maybe Cad Bane.

But if Filoni has much say-so, I'm sure Ahsoka will show up somewhere. She hasn't met every character in the OT yet or revealed herself as the One True Jedi who was sent to save the Order from those dumb meanies Mace, Yoda and Obi-Wan.

19. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I'm expecting crossover at the least to take advantage of some existing art/3d assets. it costs models to create the various models and settings, so I can see some being reused. It would be nice to see some Venators and Acclamators sticking around in the Imperial Navy for example.

20. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah - no real evidence of Ahsoka so far.

Still, when the question pops up "What would Ahsoka do with her life after quitting the jedi order?" one of the more logical answers is "go to Onderon with her designated love interest character."
    And Onderon happens to be a founding member of the Rebel Alliance - when a show about the early days of the Rebellion pops up and features young rebel characters...it is a logical inference.

I hope not - I like her more than most, but I would vastly prefer it if the Rebel Alliance didn't have any more Jedi. And if we could recton out all the non-Luke jedi members. It is getting silly.

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    As I've said, ANH needs to stay "A New Hope", not "Yet Another Hope".

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  22. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I thought she isn't a Jedi? She could fight at the side of the rebels without using a lightsaber.

23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    But she does have Jedi training.

24. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I'd be in absolute favor of returning to Mandalore to see Bo-Katan defeat Maul's forces and take the title of Mandalore.

25. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Maybe so, but she wouldn't be able to use her skills very much because otherwise the Empire would get on her tail. I am not sure an expelled Padawan would count as another hope for the galaxy, especially if she is offed by Vader in the end.