main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Yeah, it's one thing to take issue with the TCW aesthetic specifically, but not enough people understand that they have to make the characters exaggerated in some way or it would look even worse.

2. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    The style was not all bad, not by any means. Originally characters like Ashoka and Cad Bane looked quite good in general, and even certain humans like Mace looked pretty good. Anakin's redesign also worked for me. The clones looked great too, even if there were differences.

3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Personally, I really liked the Onderonians near the end of the series, especially the rebels.

CooperTFN likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like Saw and I had some respect for Steela, although her hitting on Lux made me cringe.

5. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    I meant in terms of models. Big improvement over early humans from the series.

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Oh good. I don't need to question your sanity.

7. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Does it though?

If the concept of the singular continuity of Expanded Universe is being tossed despite the official LFL policy still being that it is all one continuity, then what is considered higher canon and what isn't might also be on its way out the window with the bath water.

darklordoftech likes this.
  8. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well from Disney perspective its going to go by what gets them the most bucks so its probably Live Action Movies -> TV Shows and/or Videogames -> Books -> Comics.

9. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Right on. That's why I said "still". Who knows what will happen with it in the future? For now it is an important part of the brand however. You'll find more Ahsoka toys in store isles than say Tsavong Lah toys.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Bit of an unequal comparison though. Ashoka has a TV show, comics, books while Tsavong Lah only has books, not sure if he had an appearance in Invasion or not yet.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  11. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    The bottom line is (for Disney) which has more fans and how much are those fans willing to pay? Ahsoka toys indicate that there is demand for it, while there is no demand for idk, Abeloth toys.

aleja2 and darklordoftech like this.
  12. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Actually if you look at current toy releases, from the past year and say the year to come - there is a balance. We see just as many Lego sets based upon The Old Repuiblic as we do The Clone Wars. We had Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex figures in the Vintage Collection, but we also had a Republic Trooper & Darth Malgus.

Now 'Black' is on the way, which features Mara Jade & Darth Plageuis. I will certainly give you that while it was current, we saw a ton of The Clone Wars merchandise on the shelves - but the future doesn't seem to be trending that way now. It is going to be movie, movie, movie for the immediate future. And of course I'm sure 'Rebels' will see its share as well.

Which makes me sad, because I don't have a Lux Bonteri figure to pair with my Ahsoka Tano:(

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  13. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    TOR is without a doubt also important for the brand right now.

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Abeloth was only in books as well though. She could have been mentioned as the Mother in the Mortis trilogy since we only did get the Father, the Son and the Daughter. If they exposed some of the EU stuff to the TV medium it would help in that regard.

15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    And that sucks, because the TOR Sith Empire and Sith Emperor are disgraces to canon.

16. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    so this is like Starkiller era?? dang i was hoping for the true rebellion era. So there are no jedi?? this is post order 66??

17. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    No one knows anything. But I think post-Order 66 is a safe bet. o_O

18. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    Thank you!...i think. [face_thinking]

CooperTFN likes this.
  19. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
  20. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    ....I am trying to picture what that would look like....I just can't. I mean...what would an abeloth toy look like? I mean, I have seen the picture....but still....

Still better than the Legacy-era Sith.:p

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  21. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    [​IMG]

MercenaryAce likes this.
  22. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Hmmm... yousa point is well seen.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    For some reason I always imagined Abeloth to be a cacodemon in a dress. And a wig. Sort of like a cacodemon attempting a very poor cosplay at Alice (in Wonderland).

Kids might buy that. Appeals to both genders.

24. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
  25. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999