main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Very much so and it makes it just even clearer why the “Dark Nomad” in the last season should not have been Maul but a member of some other force tradition, mainly just because it would be far more interesting.

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm still leery of the whole notion, especially with Rebels Recon basically suggesting that the balance is in fact the balance between light and dark.

Yeah okay.

3. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    Such an amazing episode, here is my recap.

I suspect Bendu will give Ezra the holocron back - because destiny.

CooperTFN and SilentGuy66 like this.
  4. Baisen Sadr

Baisen Sadr Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2016
    I enjoyed the episodes! Dark Ezra is disturbing me the way he should, Kanan's evolution looks fantastic, Hera is looking at the big picture as she's supposed to, Thrawn is no disappointment. I had an impression that this season they are a bit more willing to show people die on screen, with more stormtroopers getting directly hit and Hondo's partner blowing up. I also enjoy the new, less cartoony haircuts :)

CooperTFN and SilentGuy66 like this.
  5. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

You mean a healthy balance? :p

6. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Liked that Thrawn is a newly anointed Grand Admiral thereby meaning if the Thrawn novel takes place before Rebels he'll just be a regular admiral throughout the story.

7. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Rebels is back and it's awesome!

Bendu left a great impression on me from this episode. I hope, and I'm pretty sure that we'll see more of him in the future, but I also wonder if we'll see more Bendu-like characters in other media as well.

8. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Given next episode's title, looks like it.

9. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    OMG THE PHANTOM! NOOOOO!

My Daughter's comment? "Ooh, Hera's gonna be maaaaad!"

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    “I had built this bubble around us. Around all of us-you, me, Zeb, Ezra, Sabine, the Ghost, even the Phantom. Heck, even the stupid droid. We were all in it, you know. In it and safe, a cozy family. Nothing could hurt us—could really hurt us.” - Kanan

11. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    That right there is the problem with the notion, right? When we talk about a "healthy balance" we don't mean "just as much terrible." When we talk about a "balanced breakfast," it doesn't include a glass of bleach to counteract the healthy effects of the grapefruit juice and toast.

12. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    3/10
    I did try and give it a go and while the Voice acting was good, it was boring, with cringe worthy dialogue and I ended up skipping parts. Same old same old. While Thrawn stating the obvious apparently makes him seem an earth shattering genius :rolleyes:
    Well compared to rest of the Imperials who are ridiculous in there stupidity, I guess he is but even so.
    Everything else is rushed an resolved all within the space of the episode. "Once you start down the Dark path forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, unless your Ezra Bridger"

Also where was Vader, he's disappeared for plot reasons and nothing else and it's bad.

Short of spoilers screaming for me to watch it, that's the last Rebels episode for me

DelRiego likes this.
  13. Cracian_Thumper

Cracian_Thumper Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Because it's a big Empire, and he has other things to deal with? And besides, his job is finished anyway.
    Tarkin even says "Lord Vader has dealt with the insurgency's Jedi leadership..."

14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

But he hasn't. They had faced him twice and survived and blow up Tarkins destroyer and killed his Inquisitors. They also stole the Sith holocron and in his own words may no where the remaining Jedi may be found. Yet despite all that his job is done apparently :rolleyes:

Basically he's gone for plot reasons nothing else but it leaves a gaping hole and they have not explained it well, if at all.

15. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    So if you're not gonna keep watching, you'll be sparing us your thoughts from now on, I trust?

16. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Yes
    I'm sorry if my opinion upset you, that hadn't been my intention, it was just meant as me giving my opinion, nothing more :)

17. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    And you watched the episode, so that's fine! I was just checking, because historically a whole bunch of the negative opinions in this thread have come from people who aren't currently watching, or outright refuse to watch.

18. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

I watched it, you can easily get it online. I always like to watch stuff before making judgment.

Using a non Starwars example, I remember hearing about the Patriot with Mel Gibson and about how bad it was, but I still decided to watch and judge for myself. Though I ended up being offended by both it's inaccurate history, right down to the uniforms, to the offensive story and to being portrayed as committing Nazi War crimes. But I made sure to watch it first before I got offended.

La Calavera, SWpants and CooperTFN like this.
  19. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Okay, I finally watched the season opener! Exceptionally good, thoughts below!

Okay, now we've got a sense of the larger rebellion against the Empire. Still in it's formative stages, but growing. The connection of the old school Y-wings with gold markings to Dodonna's cell was perfect. The fact that the Phoenix rebel cell risked it's ships and manpower to gain starfighters for another rebel cell is a sign that things are starting to coalesce. I'm guessing that when Wedge enters the picture later this season that he ends up flying for Dodonna's cell, given what we see in ANH. It's interesting too that without Ahsoka, the core leadership of the Rebellion is once again non-Force users. I'm sure Bail is behind all of this, though I'd love a reference to Mon Mothma this season, ditto Saw's Onderonian rebels.
    Thrawn's comment about the Phoenix cell "not being the Rebel Fleet" was the most exciting, as it directly implies that there is a growing armada of Rebel warships that is the "official" fleet. Given that Ackbar's already an admiral post-ANH, I assume he's the one out their assembling a fleet. Hell, maybe that's where Mon Mothma is. Anyways, all of this is super exciting, I can't wait to see how things progress! :D
    --Adm. Nick

20. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

He defeated Ahsoka. For all he knows she is dead. She was the main reason Vader got involved in the first place.

21. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    He was involved before he was even aware of Ahsoka and knew she wouldn't tell him about the Jedi but Ezra might

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  22. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

He got involved to quickly defeat the Lothal cell and did that in the Siege of Lothal. His involvement afterward mainly revolved around Ahsoka. In Siege of Lothal he only mentions tracking down Ahsoka. He doesn't say anything about running around the galaxy trying to hunt down Kanan and Ezra.

23. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Vader is busy for Rogue One, he ain't got time for Rebels anymore. :p

24. What Are The Odds

What Are The Odds Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2016
    You all know all too well what the canon states regarding Vader and the Jedi.

25. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    The bit in the beginning with Ezra taking over the pilot would be a lot more striking to me if we saw Ezra and Kanan more committed to minimizing loss of life in general.

missile, Ulicus and CooperTFN like this.