main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    So...can we get some cool, calculated Dark Side users or are all the Disney Dark Side users going to be temperamental and annoying? Yeah, I know Ezra is a kid so he does get a bit of a pass there, I was just curious.

Bendu was better than I expected, more Dagobah, less Mortis.

I love the mention of Dodonna and the idea of the Alliance coming together.

As far as Thrawn...it's not going to feel like Thrawn until he examines someone's art, preferably Sabine's spray-paint jobs. Before they blow up that is.

Gorefiend likes this.
  2. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Oh, come on, let's be a bit fair here. There was the Grand Inquisi...oh, right. Never mind.

3. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I'm fairly certain the dark side makes you tempermental and annoying

Revanfan1, Daneira and CooperTFN like this.
  4. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    One thing I loved and I'm not sure whether it was intentional or not, but when Ezra asks for the 44 scoop or whatever I feel like Taylor Gray was really channeling Freddie as Kanan with his voice and I loved it.

5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

Lol 2 Jedi running around with his Sith Holocron, who have faced him twice don't forget (dropped a Walker on him too) and yet Felicity Jones is the priority o_O

But leaving that and everything else aside, this episode I still think highlights the biggest issue the show has had since Day 1. Resolving all plot lines within the space of a single episode. I think it would work better with say 3 or 4 episode Arcs like TCW instead.

missile, DelRiego and SilentGuy66 like this.
  6. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    It doesn't. At all. If anything, Rebels seasons are 20+ episode arcs. Nothing was resolved in this premiere. It was all set-up for future conflict. This is serial storytelling. When the whole season is taken into consideration, there have been no 'filler' episodes. All contribute to the endgame, be it in big and obvious plot points or seeds, or the more subtle developing emotional state or relationship status of the characters which pays off down the line.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  7. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I did, however, get the feeling that Ezra's brush with the Dark Side was over like nothing happened. Although I liked the episode, this bothered me. I also can't imagine Ezra's been keeping that holocron and learning from it for six months without anyone noticing.

8. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    You really think that's the end of that? Seriously?

Kanan has isolated himself, and was actively attempting to shut himself off from the Force. Kanan was blinded and had no reason to believe it came home with them. Nobody else knew about the thing. Ezra wanted it hidden. Why would anyone else need to know about it?

People DID notice the change, but if a 16-17 year old spends a little bit of regular alone time in his bunk, umm, nobody really has an interest in knowing or questioning what exactly he's doing in there, and with what.

9. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    I don't really think it's the end of that, I fear it might be. Yeah, I realize I can be awfully pessimistic, but I like to be proved wrong. (That being said... when you're Force-sensitive, shouldn't you be able to feel a Sith holocron?)

10. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Seeing as Ezra's toying with the dark side has been a major element in play since season 1, it comes across as a baseless fear without any indication I've seen that it's going to be dropped, so I guess I don't get it. But to each their own.

11. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    I don't require of you to "get" anything I say, you know. I'm just saying something, that's all.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I keep seeing people critical of Kanan for not feeling the Sith Holocron, and miss him saying in the episode that he was hiding from the Force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revanfan1 and BobaMatt like this.
  13. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    All right, all right, I'm wrong. Now let's move one, shall we?

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I didn't even see your comment, someone else said it earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    At the risk of sounding weird, I really like Pryce's face. It's very characterful.

16. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I'm sure others have said it but it looks like Blanchett's character from Crystal Skull.

Daneira and darklordoftech like this.
  17. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    In terms of hair style, certainly. Beyond that I don't really see it. Pryce's features are considerably more stark, though in part that'll be down to it being a cartoon.

18. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999

[face_love]

19. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    It's not like that. You're a highly observant member of the community with attention to detail many miss. I was flummoxed perhaps thinking I was the one missing the things a few people here indicated made them seem to think this storyline was being dropped.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  20. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Also, straight up:

I want Ezra to be Snoke.

That way he can be the one to train Kylo in the ill-thought out destruction of control panels.

Ho ho.

But, seriously.

WMIRTUTSF, Dante1120, Kylun and 7 others like this.
  21. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So what you're saying is: "The Pryce Is Right" ?

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

22. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Pyrce reminds me of Katey Sagal.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That would also explain a lot about Kylo.

La Calavera likes this.
  24. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I'd find it more amusing if Ezra ends up being an apprentice to Snoke aka the Grand Inquisitor who reforms the Inquisitors as the Knights of Ren quite possibly as some suggest as a form of honouring the memory of Sabine Wren!
    I still can't get over the feeling Rey is Ezra's daughter so we get a reversal of Luke and Darth Vader's role in ESB and have Kylo get a mite upset when he realises his new Master is Rey's father!
    Oh well back to Star Wars Rebels... I wonder I assume those spiders were under Bendu's control?
    Otherwise they seem somewhat placid in Kanan's presence...

25. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I'm starting to wonder if Imperial "numbered" fleets (ie, Thrawn's Seventh Fleet) are roving commands while fleets like Constantine's are simply sector fleets. I believe Admiral Constantine's fleet is described as the Lothal sector fleet. We already know of special, roving Imperial fleet units like Death Squadron, which kinda makes me wish that Thrawn's fleet was known as Chimaera Squadron, just as a nod to the old EU.

Of course, the biggest reveal was the confirmation that the Rebel Fleet, or at least an early precursor to it, is already assembled and active. Maybe that's were Ackbar and Mon Mothma are stationed... ;)

--Adm. Nick