main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I would bet that if Corellia's going to play a part in the Han Solo film, they're letting THAT film's creative team define its canonical visual look.

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003

Is Corellia even canon anymore?

They call the Falcon a Corellia ship, but it could now be the business name.

Even if it's still a planet, for all we know it could be a radioactive toxic dump, or a gas giant, now.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000

It does feature heavily in the games. Not movies but at least still visual media. Rogue Squadron, SWG, and SWTOR in particular stand out.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

4. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Of course it's still a planet! A scene from Aftermath even takes place in Coronet City, Corellia. And according to the Databank, it has cities, jungles, and forests.

5. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Worth saying: if something gets stated in a BTS context like Recon...that's not technically canon. Note how often Pablo couches his statements (on Twitter too) with something like "I get the sense that..."

Obviously anything directly from SG should be taken seriously as their current, or at least initial, intention, but sooner or later some creator is going to come up with a fun new tweak that goes against an old BTS statement and that's not gonna stop them--if it's not in a story it's not 100% certain.

6. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Correct, Corellia has appeared in Aftermath. It's a member of the New Republic.

LelalMekha I can't find a Databank entry for Corellia. Where are you getting that from?

--Adm. Nick

Ghost likes this.
  7. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004

PFFT, you expect me to care about games? :p

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Hey you would've liked SWG I think. It was a world of pure imagination. :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

9. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
  10. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
  11. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Strange, when I search the Databank with "Corellia", that doesn't pop up. Interesting.

--Adm. Nick

12. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    There are a few entires like that, go figure why. Other examples are the "Kaleesh" and "Cerea" entries.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    The TOS search thing is awful in my experience. Almost as much as JC's.

Vthuil likes this.
  14. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    The Wynkahthu Job
    Ezra being irate because Zeb was put in charge was insanely immature. Get over yourself. He was a jerk the entire time because of it.

Azmorigan is bloody annoying. Like shut up and stop shooting. I also find Hondo annoying, but that's simply because he's a greedy sometimes jerk. But he has a good heart.

"What do you mean 'every man for themselves'? YOU'RE A DROID!" - Ezra to Chopper
    That was hilarious. Probably the best part of this episode.

An Inside Man
    The beginning scene had great visuals. We could really see the size scales of different objects, especially when compared to people. And the Imperial flags gave it a more ominous feel.

In both Legends and canon, walkers' legs are helmed before Hoth. You'd think the Empire would have learned... *sigh*

Ezra whispering "Thrawn" was chilling. I don't even know why, but it was. And it felt awesome. And then I thought Ezra was the only one acting erratically among the workers but then I saw the others moving about when the speeder blew up.

Oh, it's GREAT that Ezra and Kanan worked in tandem. I don't feel like we've seen enough of that this season.

Thrawn having them test the machines is a brilliant idea.

Kallus helping just makes me smile. Him getting thrown through glass was hilarious. Doesn't surprise me that Ezra get to it before Kanan.

Rawr. TIEs don't have shields. This won't last.

"Wait. Kallus is Fulcrum?! THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE!!!"
    *laughs*

Ah man, is that Mandalorian art in Thrawn's office? Love it. And if it has been pointed out before, well I missed it.

iPodwithnomusic and Ghost like this.
  15. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    New titles
    (January 7, 2017)
    Ghosts of Geonosis, Pt. 1

The crew returns to Geonosis in search of a missing rebel team sent to investigate suspicious activity there, and are surprised by what they find.
    Ghosts of Geonosis, Pt. 2

After finding a missing rebel team member, the Ghost crew discovers another surprise on Geonosis, and work to conceal it from Imperial forces.
    https://jedi-bibliothek.de/2016/12/titel-und-inhalt-der-winterpremiere-von-star-wars-rebels/
    That's sooner than last year, good.

16. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Well, stuff happened this episode. [face_devil]

Kallus is Fulcrum, this is confirmed. And Thrawn knows! Thrawn forcing that old farmer to test that sabotaged speeder bike? Kanan and Ezra don't save him. Named, good guy characters die this episode.

17. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    another Filoni cameo! "You're in the line of fire 271! I can't get a shot" that makes two weeks in a row now that Filoni voices a Red Shirt. One in either side of the war. Has he been doing cameos all season?

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

18. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    And if you have read Catalyst ... here is the requested Rogue One tie in as well!!

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

19. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Just restating my hypothesis that Kallus's true loyalty is Thrawn's downfall. He's using Kallus for his longer game but doesn't expect him to turn when it truly matters.

20. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

And I'm just stating that I really, really love this idea.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    They paraphrased a Thrawn quote....

"Examine all obstacles carefully. With a little ingenuity, they can be turned into levers."

Of course, you need a fulcrum to have a lever...

Kylun and Cynical_Ben like this.
  22. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Thrawn is just observing the Rebels and collecting information about them in this season, I believe in the next season he will start to deliver huge blows to the rebellion.

23. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Agreed, whatever happens with Thrawn, I hope they use him for more than one season. He deserves more than the Inquisitors, and you can't really go any higher in villain cache than Thrawn without pulling in Vader or the Emperor.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    There are two things about this I really like:

1) Thrawn the chessmaster in the old EU screwed up because he was so good at predicting his opponents' moves he wasn't paying enough attention to his own pawns. Kallus in this case mirrors but does not exactly copy Rukh if he somehow betrays or otherwise foils Thrawn's plans.

2) This is a good way to write Thrawn off the show rather than killing him, and leaving his plot open to the future. That is, have Thrawn leave the show disgraced. The rest of the Empire was trying to do that to him all the time in the old EU. So again, it matches the old Thrawn while not copycating the original EU plot.

Kylun, CooperTFN, Vthuil and 2 others like this.
  25. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    This was a much better episode than the last 3, which is a surprise for a Lothal episode.

Daneira likes this.