main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    It might also be a reference to the EU, where there were no Mandalorian Jedi in the thousands of years prior to this last great war. And, no, Jedi becoming Mandalorian don't count. :p

TheRedBlade likes this.
  2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    My favorite part of this episode was Chopper very clearly saying "I've got a bad feeling about this."

RavagerFish and Tzizvvt78 like this.
  3. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Dosn'tsound like he remained a Jedi for long. It's going to be interesting to find out more about Tar Vizsla but it does feel a bit fanboy to me.

4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Where do you get that from?

Anyway, this new character sounds awesome. I'd love a novel about him (and in fact, as an author, it's always been a dream of mine to write a SW book of course, and if I could choose this is probably the character I'd write about). :p

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    "This lightsaber was looted by my ancestors from your jedi temple during the fall of the old republic, since then many Jedi have died by it's blade"

Taking that quote at it's face value there seems to be nothing to indicate being owned by a mandalorion, in fact at the time it was probably just "another old republic lightsaber" but now that Filoni is in charge he saw the opportunity for a good ol retcon ;)

6. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    It sounds too much like in-universe fan fiction so I doubt it's a retcon. Jedi and Sith fought for a long time and until proven otherwise I'll believe it was crafted by a Sith. It's a dark katana, of course a Sith made it. :p

The story wouldn't make them look that good if he said mandos pillaged the temple and stole whatever they found.

7. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    It says he went on to rule Mandalore, pretty sure Jedi don't rule plants.

8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

It says that after he died, his clan liberated the darksaber from the Jedi Temple, where it was seemingly kept in a place of honor, and they ruled Mandalore.

9. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    Woops my bad.

10. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001

Lame Jedi don't rule planets. Rad Jedi rule planets.

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Marasiah Fel, K'kruhk, Roan Fel, Tenel Ka, the Jedi Chancellors of the Republic during the New Sith Wars, all say hi. They may be legends now but I'm sure it's happened in the new continuity too.

12. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    A Jedi who takes over rule of their own planet isn't a Jedi any longer; they frown on personal property of things as inconsequential as droids and starships, I highly doubt that the orthodox Order would allow any Jedi who took over a planet to remain a member for very long. Look what happened to Dooku. First thing he did after leaving the order was to take back his estate and family heritage on Serenno and become "Count Dooku".

13. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    I was waiting for someone to use a legends story to justify a disagreement in cannon.

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Pretty sure Yoda wouldn't have been cool with what Marasiah and Roan were up to. Since they didn't follow like... anything Yoda taught. It's like calling the Power Rangers Samurai (which fans do...) because they have like, 2 things in common. One of them being polite to people you pass in the hall. (No wait the Fels don't even do that...)

15. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    The Fels aren't Jedi, they're Imperial Knights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    There's a difference between Jedi, and PT Jedi. I'm sure they've changed through the years, and will keep changing.

As you quoted, I said I could see no reason why this couldn't happen in the new canon too.

True, but Yoda and Obi-wan also thought Vader was beyond redemption. And they do observe a lot of what Yoda taught, just not all. I'm not saying they're model Jedi, definitely not in the traditional sense, but they basically are a distinct branch of the Jedi, who obey their Emperor/Empress in the light side and redeem or end them if they fall to the dark.

They are Jedi, where the Jedi Council and the Senate are all one person. And I also mentioned how Jedi were the Supreme Chancellors of the Old Republic for hundreds of years during the New Sith Wars in legends, plus there's Tenel Ka and Allana.

17. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    The Imperial Knights aren't Jedi by definition. They're Imperial Knights. There are a number of common elements and beliefs, but they are two separate orders.

Gamiel, Daneira and Mia Mesharad like this.
  18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    You don't need to be in the Jedi Order to be a Jedi.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Actually, you do. If one thing is clear (Dooku, Ahsoka, etc.), it's that.

20. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    If you say you or your order is separate from the Jedi, and the Jedi agree, it makes no sense to say "but actually they're still Jedi". You seem to be conflating "light-sider" with "Jedi".

Daneira likes this.
  21. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I will say that I agree on the jedi of the new sith wars. Lord Hoth for example but even then they just had leadership rules and they seemed to be given them more out of necessity and be more of a title thing than anything else. Like they needed them to rule the local militias so they gave them a title and the best they had was stuff like Lord. They had no political power.

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I really liked this episode because I'm a fan of locked-door siege / monster movies ala Alien or Green Room, and there was some decent quipping between the three characters, and the droid was effectively nasty. definitely seems like one of the smaller scale, cheaper efforts but it worked into the grand Thrawn scheme at the end nicely. I get the feeling Kallus is going to end up having to take on Thrawn one on one, hell maybe he'll end up being the canon version of Thrawns bodyguard to betrayed him / took him out.

23. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    If Kallus is going to fill the role of Rukh then he'll have to get on with it, because the Imperial spy plotline seems like it's going to come to head in 3 episodes.

24. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    Thats not the way I read it, the wook says they rule the plans/system their in, So they could defend against the sith. They even went as far to make their own grand Council outside of the jurisdiction of the Hige Council.

25. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014