main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    That Kanan is terrible, but Ezra is good.

CooperTFN likes this.
  2. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Series Finale of Rebels--

(after discovering General Draven and Cassian Andor had really killed Ezra's parents so they wouldn't divulge Rebel information under Imperial interrogation. The Ghost crew knew the whole time and never told Ezra):

Ezra ignites lightsaber

Sabine: Ezra, don't do this!

Ezra: My name isn't Ezra. Henceforth, my name is Snoke!

(kills rest of Ghost crew)

(rolls credits, audiences gasp in shock)

Note: No, this isn't a spoiler for anything, just something I thought up. It would be interesting if Rebels ended like this though.

DelRiego likes this.
  3. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Ezra's parents weren't capital R rebels, and Snoke probably isn't even a human.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001

No offense, but that sounds like Fan Fiction 101.

5. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Why bother responding just to say something like this?

Stymi, darklordoftech and Dante1120 like this.
  6. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Ironically, the dialogue isn't really original, but paraphrased from Magneto's speech in X-Men: Apocalypse.

And to be fair, a lot of people said Maul coming back with metal legs to get revenge on Kenobi was just bad fan fiction in Visionaries. Then the concept was canonized... Maul is now also canonically Talzin's son, even though they don't look to be the same species either.

I'm glad that Sabine acknowledged that she might not be the best person to rule Mandalore just because she had the Darksaber in the last episode. I'm still not seeing how the Darksaber became something symbolizing ownership of Death Watch to ownership of all Mandalore. Was this an idea already planned during TCW? Because Satine, Bo-Katan, etc never said anything about it. Neither did Dooku or Pre Vizsla...

Pre Vizsla even had to explain what the Darksaber was to Kenobi in TCW ("This lightsaber was taken by my ancestors etc"). For someone who spent a lot of time on Mandalore (how Kenobi met Satine), Kenobi probably should have at least heard of it...

7. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Exactly. Actually that's the root of it for us the Snezra wishful thinkers. We want Snoke to have some meaning or at least an "a-ha!, it's HIM" moment.

The most likely scenario is that he is just Star Wars Mumm-Ra and that's kind of boring.

wait

Mumm-ra...Ez-ra

not likely

[face_sigh]

The2ndQuest , Ulicus and SWpants like this.
  8. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Remember a couple pages ago when everyone was upset that Sabine's mom wasn't Rook Kast? Even though all of the "foreshadowing" of it was pure conjecture and coincidence?

Yeah, I see the Snoke=Ezra thing going the exact same way.

MercenaryAce and Revanfan1 like this.
  9. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Snoke being Mumm-Ra would be awesome if he literally is identical in the way he operates, right down to having the pyramid chant and getting magic evil roid rage. I'd forgive EVIII/IX a lot if that happened.

10. DelRiego

Mar 12, 2002

Ah, forgot about the chant + transformation. In that case, definitely yes.

Originally I was just thinking about evil guy stuck in a far-off planet just mulling over evil deeds

11. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001

Because every life I can save from writing bad fan fiction is time well spent.

I realize he was just kicking around harmless ideas, but Snoke = Ezra is just as terrible as Jar Jar as a Sith Lord, and no one wants a repeat of that.

12. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Why is Snoke = Ezra terrible?

I agree that it's rather unlikely, but I'd take it over Snoke being some ancient dark wizard pulled out of a hat to lead the First Order, or whathaveyou.

13. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    A fairly good EU example is the Sith Emperor--before the Old Republic came out, there was a lot of speculation on who the Sith Emperor actually was. When he ended up being some new super-powerful guy we conveniently never heard of before, well... I'm just not sure Emperor Vitiate ever ended up being very interesting to me, to be honest.

I really don't want this same anticlimactic "revelation" for Snoke.

I still think it would have been a good idea to make Lord Vitiate = Gav Daragon. There was any number of ways Gav could have survived that supernova.

Darth Krayt from Star Wars Legacy is probably a good example of how the revelation of an identity for the villain can be somewhat satisfying. I'd rather have Snoke go the Darth Krayt route than the Sith Emperor Vitiate route.

As for Ezra... I think a very good idea may be for him to just get married and live a normal life outside of the wider Jedi/Sith Rebels/Empire struggle. If he gets past his need for revenge against the Sith, maybe he finds his path doesn't lead back to the Jedi after all. This would actually be a good way of resolving his storyline. Not everyone who is Force sensitive necessarily needs to be a Jedi, and Rebels may point out that this path is ok. I had hoped this was the way Ahsoka's arc will be resolved in TCW, but then she came back as a Jedi in all but name in Rebels...

14. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001

Because everything implied about Snoke is that he's some sort of longtime politician or other high ranked member of society running things at a leadership level. First in the NR, now for the First Order. Plucky street rat who becomes a master manipulator? There are going to have to be God-tier stories in place to make me buy that. So impossible? No. Stupid? Oh yes, terribly stupid.

It also smacks of clickbait style mass guessing and hoping something sticks. Oh! Mace Windu is Snoke! Ezra is Snoke! Dumbledore was Snoke until he was replaced by a clone of Snape! You see where I'm going with this?

Is it possible I'm wrong? Sure. It's also possible the Sun could emit a solar flare in the next eight minutes and kill all life on Earth. So there you go.

15. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    No hope orphans rising to the upper echelons of Imperial society over a period of three decades is way too far fetched, you're right.

16. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Luke Skywalker was a farmboy at 19 and became Jedi Grandmaster in the EU (it seems new canon will just have to settle for sole Jedi for now).

Also, Ezra is only 17 and already commanding Rebel missions on Rebels. A political career, or a continuing military one, is certainly possible (and may even be his eventual future, maybe as a New Republic politican of some sort). By the time of TFA, if Ezra is still alive, he would be 53.

Also, the EU book Darth Plagueis literally had spoiled rich 17 year old street racer Sheev Palpatine turn into a master manipulator by age 50, and it could be argued that EU's Sheev Palpatine at age 17 was far more uncontrollable than 17 year old Ezra.

So I'm not seeing how Ezra becoming a master manipulator at 53 would be far-fetched in comparison to other Star Wars precedent...?

17. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    This is like the third thread I've read in two days with nothing but Snoke speculations clogging up the pages.

If you want to talk about Snoke theories, start a thread of your own and stop clogging up. Some of us don't like reading about them and I'm tired of it as well.

Move on to more interesting things please.

18. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    In all serious no, no it would not.

19. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Serious question: what did Darth Krayt having a specific preexisting character as his origin actually bring to him? It's important to his backstory that he be generically a survivor of Order 66, but apart from getting to use the krayt dragon symbology a couple of times, I don't really think it made a big difference for him to be A'Sharad Hett instead of some guy we'd never heard of before.

Revanfan1 and MercenaryAce like this.
  20. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Yes yes it would

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Seriously! This is about Star Wars Rebels! Not Snoke, nor Krayt. Create a new thread and fill it with those theories.

Am I the only one curious about the upcoming

Obi-Wan vs. Maul fight and whether Luke might appear from afar and Ezra will see him and realise that he isn't key to defeating the Sith but Luke is and focuses instead on fighting the Empire?

Jedi Princess likes this.
  22. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Noash_Retrac -- People are entitled to engage with whatever piques their interest. That includes "omg Ezra=Snoke lol" no matter how bored you are of it, personally. He's a Force-strong REBELS character who has had a brush with the dark side. It's going to come up from time to time.

As you've just discovered, nothing was stopping you from getting the ball rolling on a conversation that actually interested you. :p

23. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Oh his approach to his version of the Sith is very old Order Jedi, and his method in things in certainly very Hett.

DelRiego and sidv88 like this.
  24. DelRiego

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm really curious about the outcome. Will it be:

a) The predictable and boring "Obi-wan kills Maul and there's that"
    b) The business-savvy "They spar but sort out their differences/Maul escapes and continues to run around in the EU"
    c) The improbable but spaghetti western-artsy Old wounds outcome

My vote is on b as well as my preference. Although I'm wary since I don't want any of them to ever come within 10 miles close to Luke.

Don't think speculation on a trailer warrants tags, but better safe than sorry.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Snoke is Lando.

I. BDW wasn't in TFA? Why? He's available to record Rebels episodes.

II. Snoke has a grudge against Han -- he barely mentions Leia at all. Just like Lando.

III. Snoke is also fixated on the Millennium Falcon.

IV. Lando was on the Emperor's yacht and corrupted by dark side artifacts.

V. The leadership of the First Order -- Kylo, Hux, and Phasma is literally an idiot's array.

VI. We don't know Snoke's location. I bet you it's in the Lando system.

VII. The Han film, after TLJ, is secretly a Lando (Snoke) origin story. Why do you think we don't have a title?

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

26. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Snoke is Ezra reincarnated, I bet! Ezracarnation!

The Reyincarnation vs. Ezracarnation final battle to the death wil be epic!

Ulicus likes this.