main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Why Gav Daragon? Gav Daragon was never trained to use The Force and never used the dark side. I was thinking Vitiate could have been Marka Ragnos or Ludo Kressh. I mean, Ragnos was "the reigning Dark Lord of the Sith" during the Sith Holocaust, and Ludo Kressh could have faked his death again.

2. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Good point. It was theorized that Vitiate was Naga Sadow for a while too, which would have worked just as well, I think.

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    It brings a ton to the character. I mean, the One Sith as a whole is infused with Krayt's mixed heritage. The tattoos, the tribal system, the veneration of honored enemies... it also makes Krayt's motivation far more interesting than that of a generic ex-Jedi who got really angry and became a Sith. Like yeah, he wants order and power and all that jazz, but under it all the One Sith are basically him building himself a new family after both his adopted and birth families (and entire cultures, really) were taken from him.

Anyway I could go on but I'll stop there since this is kind of way off topic :p The point though is that Krayt being A'Sharad is really important to not only to his character but the One Sith as a whole.

4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I'm still not seeing the argument here, though. Certainly I agree that Vitiate was on the whole a thinly developed Poor Man's Palpatine who would be a bad example for Snoke to follow. But I don't see how he would have been a stronger villain just by being identified with a preexisting Sith Lord.

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    While we're speaking of who ought to have been who... Darth Krayt should have been Jacen Solo. [face_whistling] Have Jacen not become the GA leader but become disaffected with it, let Lumiya still take the fall, then fake his own death or disappear on another sojourn to operate from the shadows. Cut the Lost Tribe too... or make it so Jacen/Krayt discovers the Lost Tribe and shapes them into the early One Sith without revealing them or him. Cut or reinvent Abeloth so she's nothing to do with Mortis or the dark side. If Tahiri is still his apprentice, maybe they're based on Tatooine for a while, and he earns the name Krayt there.

Anyways, what's tomorrow's episode title? How many episodes left until the finale? The Obi-wan/Maul episode must be coming soon now.

BobaMatt likes this.
  6. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Don't get me started.

Ulicus and Ghost like this.
  7. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Tomorrow is "Through Imperial Eyes", the Kallus-centric episode. After that, I think there's three more until the 2-part finale. And no more breaks.

8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    It gave us this:

[​IMG]

How dare you.

spicer and Kylun like this.
  9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Just trying to help.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

10. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    While I liked A'Sharad Hett being Krayt in the EU, I didn't really like the idea that Obi-Wan had a hand in it. It gets to be a bit much when you have Obi-Wan single-handedly responsible for having 3 ticked-off Sith Lords running around in the galaxy: Darth Maul, Darth Vader, and Darth Krayt. In the EU, all 3 of them should have teamed up circa 2 BBY and confronted Obi-Wan.

As it is in canon now, Obi-Wan is only responsible for 2 Darths running around the galaxy, not 3. Ok, not much, but it's an improvement.

11. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I'll give you Anakin, but what was he supposed to do, jump down the pit after Maul?

12. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I don't know if that pit could be shut down, but obviously Maul was able to find a way from out of there off-world. The Jedi could have sent a droid crew to try to find the remains (for clues to the Sith)...

13. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Obi-Wan knows better than to surrender the High Ground.

14. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

I blame Vergere for Krayt. Or whatever the hell Vergere actually is or was, depending on how you read Traitor before LOTF gave us what we got.

15. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Guess we now know why the entire rebel fleet will assemble in the season finale. (just read comments from people who has seen Through Imperial Eyes on reddit)
    Thrawn knows that Kallus is Fulcrum and he's gonna give him misinformation . So he'll most likely let it ''leak'' that Lothal's defenses are weaker than usual or something like that

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    That episode was damn good.

My thoughts/reactions as I watched:
    That beginning was so powerful.

Oh yeah, Kallus "interrogating by himself" isn't suspicious at all [/sarcasm]

I do love that Thrawn's ship is the Chimaera. It makes me grin.

Wait. WHAT was the override code? Rukh? Did I hear that correctly?!?!

I don't know Yularen because I never watched TCW, but he really does look like Pellaeon. Is he the NEU's Pellaeon? I'm reading the Thrawn trilogy now, and the way Thrawn uses and questions Yularen (for input) is very much like what I see with him and Pellaeon.

Lieutenant Lyste is adorably young and a little naive but I like him. He's a believer in the Empire and a good worker.It makes me feel quite bad for how Kallus is manipulating him.
    Poor guy. :(

I definitely love new canon Thrawn. He's caught off-guard but easily adapts to the situation, using all his resources and still maintaining dignity at the end.

Not surprised that Thrawn was able to suss out who the real Fulcrum is.

17. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    He has done it in the past, so not that abnormal.

Much better his personal Stormtroopers, some of the Officers and various things on the ship actually have the Chimera Logo. ;)

Yep :D

Yeah :/ I mean he seems like one of those guys who just grew up in the wrong system, he properly would have made a perfectly decent Old Republic bureaucrat or Judicial.

SWpants and Kylun like this.
  18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    What an EU-heavy episode.

-ANH Yularen as ISB
    - Chimaera spoken aloud, finally
    - code cylinders used for their proper purpose

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

19. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    I think this was one of the best episodes, just like last week's episode. Much progress.

The funniest thing in this episode was lieutenant Lyste. I almost laughed to death when he stunned Pryce.

As for the two powerful characters, Yularen and Thrawn. I think they were depicted perfectly. The mention Lyste made about Yularen that "no traitor escapes his eye for long" was a nice one. It gives us more of an idea how good and smart Yularen really is. Thrawn was also as smart as ever. Figuring out Kallus' deception and what I really got hyped up about was when Thrawn fought the sentry droids in his office.

Aside from that, the music themes on both Yularen and Thrawn are really good. Almost gave me chills when I heard Yularen's one.

Rebels have been doing well recently, we're getting character development and story progression.

Daneira, darklordoftech and SWpants like this.
  20. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    That episode was SO GOOD. I just hope we start seeing more of the Alliance proper. Hera has been sorely missed lately.

Karl0413 and CooperTFN like this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012

Don't forget Ruhk.

Karl0413 and Daneira like this.
  22. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    It was? I must have missed it. I kept expecting it, but Rex and Kanan kept saying "Thrawn's Star Destroyer".

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000

When Kallus and Lyste were docking at the very beginning.

24. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    GREAT episode.
    Finally we got a look at the Imperial structure in the Lothal sector post-season 1. Governor Pryce working hand-in-hand with Thrawn, with people like Titus and Konstantine as section commanders. I think pretty much every named Imperial officer in the show to this point short of Tarkin showed up in this episode at least for a cameo. Getting a bit more depth to Lyst as the eager young go-getter Lieutenant was nice, it makes sense with his rise in status after the purging Tarkin did at the end of season 1. And Kallus played him beautifully, you really got to see his mind working as he planned and plotted and tried to stay one step ahead of Thrawn and Yularen while throwing Lyst to the wolves.

Also: Yularen's return. So good hearing his voice again and seeing how he's changed over the years. He has a reputation as a traitor hunter, and he personally trained people like Kallus. And like Thrawn, he knows that the frame job on Lyst is a bit too neat and tidy, but he doesn't quite reach the same conclusion that Thrawn does since he doesn't have the same information. He is a sort of Watson to Thrawn's Holmes, but not because he's stupid, just because he doesn't have Thrawn's past of study against Pheonix Squadron.

Also also, how awesome was Thrawn's deduction? It made perfect logical sense with what he knows, didn't leap logic at all, and used his study of art and our own Rebels to great effect. How much would it hurt Sabine to know that Kallus was sussed out because she couldn't help but doodle on a helmet that Ezra wound up using for a disguise? I suspect that Thrawn had Kallus in suspicion before, he was probably between him and Lyst as far as candidates for being Fulcrum went, but he had it nailed down after the episode's events. And now he intends to use Kallus to his advantage. Ooh, setting up stuff for the finale. [face_dancing]

A very well-written episode overall, actually, the script was sharp and to the point, all of the characters had their own distinct voices, and the hunt for the traitor felt like it made sense from everyone's perspective. Also, Ezra noting that not every Imperial knows what he looks like yet was a nice tip of the cap.

25. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Amazing episode. Some things that stood out to me:

• YULAREN! It was so awesome to see him again, and they absolutely nailed him in his new role as ISB professional.
    • Thrawn's deduction was wonderful, just seeing him put all the pieces together. It was an amazing scene in and of itself but the music lent it an extra something that just made it foreboding and wonderful.
    • Was anyone else on the edge of their seat during the whole ep? I was certain this was going to be it for Kallus---and it was, just not in the way we were expecting.
    • I'm pretty sure we saw Brunson and Brom Titus in the beginning, but who was that third officer with them, the one with General's rank plaques?
    • Missed opportunity: I was waiting for Pryce to knock Rex's helmet off during their fistfight and for Yularen to recognize Rex. Would've been a really sweet moment.
    • Thrawn has what looks like a 41st Elite Corps trooper's helmet in his office.
    • Overall this was a great episode, can't wait to see where things go from here.

Karl0413 and Daneira like this.