main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    For your viewing pleasure, courtesy of Disney XD's commercials when I watched this weeks episode:

[​IMG]

^:)^:-B[face_party]

--Adm. Nick

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Look at all those juicy targets for Imperial gunners.

3. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003

Haven't we already been over this? Those ships or ships of the same classes will bring about ultimate victory at Endor and Jakku. ;)

--Adm. Nick

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    You may have forgotten, but: The Empire is victorious on all fronts.

5. The Corellian President

The Corellian President Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 23, 2015
    Ooh! FOUR Hammerhead cruisers in that shot. Could one be the Lightmaker?

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  6. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    So at least one of those Nebulon Bs is going down right? We had two in RO, one was destroyed and the last one is shown in Empire. I assume one of them could have been around but just not at either location which then showed up at Endor but most likely two of these Nebulon's will go down.

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    [face_plain]

You, of all people...

I loved this episode. The Mandalore stuff falls for me into the bucket of "stuff Filoni is still really into from Clone Wars that isn't as wonderful as he assumes", but this? This felt like an RPG, with the plans changing and reacting to the situation. Or like an AJ story or the like.

Overall, incredibly impressed with it and seeing Thrawn be Thrawn was the payoff I've been waiting for all season.

Daneira likes this.
  8. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    We actually do see a Nebulon-B destroyed in the trailer for this half of the season, but people really need to stop counting ships like this. The fleet in Rogue One wasn't the entire rebel fleet at the time (though this might be), ditto Empire.

9. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    I know it is not the entire fleet but clearly this cell became part of the one at Yavin. Hammerheads, the blue CR90s, and the Ghost being there shows that they are stationed there as does the Phoenix Squadron A-Wing on Yavin during ANH in the atlas. While there might be more ships in the fleet, the ships in this armada are the same ones we see at Scarif. There is nothing wrong with trying to map out how many ships certain cells have when they thus far have been consistent. RO stayed consistent with the amount of fighters at Yavin. They also stuck to the amount of Nebulon Bs stationed with the main fleet in Empire. There are other fleet which converge at Endor but there is consistency between Rebels, RO, and the first two OT films. You can say that some of the ships are still around and just rotate but the fact that the exact ships from Rebels are in RO and some are missing is worth talking about at least.

I would assume this is not the whole fleet at the time. Likely just the one stationed around this area or these cells. Wonder where the Profundity is.

Daneira likes this.
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

One of the NuEu books that goes into this a bit is Twilight Company, and this was Pre Rogue One what it definitely gives a good insight into the Alliance structure at the time.

11. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007

It does my heart good to see the Independence.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  12. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    Not necessarily.

The whole group doesn't have to join the one at Yavin, it may just be Phoenix Squadron. This entire fleet isn't a single cell, it's a bunch of them working together, we only have evidence for Phoenix Squadron joining the Yavin fleet. Also, we don't even know if they do join the Yavin fleet, Phoenix Squadron may have just been in the area at the time, not necessarily a permanent attachment.

The only ship from Phoenix Squadron that's missing at Scarif is the Quasar Fire, and since we have no evidence for any of the other cells joining the Yavin fleet, that's the only ship that we can really speculate about.

13. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    I guess you are right that this is not the Phoenix squadron cell but we see all of Phoenix squadron in RO save for the A-wings which we know where on Yavin and 2 of the Hammerheads. In RO we have Bail's stuff that being Y-Wings, X-wings, the Tantive, some GR75s, and I assume the Profundity. So we have one Mon Cala ship at Yavin, most of Phoenix squadron, that ship I forget the name of, the Dorean Gunship, and 2 Nebluons. Makes sense that those Nebulon's and the 2 GR75s would be part of Phoenix Squadron after this mission fails.

In this shot we see Phoenix squadron as well as one MC80, 2 GR75s, and 4 Nebulons. All of those ships save for 2 Nebulons and the MC80 are at Scarif (and maybe a CR90 or two might be missing, I had trouble tracking those during Scarif cause they are in the back) While there is not definitive proof, it is a fair assumption that all of the surviving ships aside from this battle end up being stationed at Yavin with Bail's ships. I am not saying that that HAS to be the case but they are keeping the numbers pretty consistent if that is what they are going for. It does make sense as a way to get S4 to be with Bail's cell. This mission goes awry and the surviving ships are stationed with another cell to regroup and lick their wounds. Best way to get the Ghost crew to be at Yavin by Scarif imo. Just have all the surviving ships, everything but 2 Nebulons, and the MC80 join Phoenix squadron (which has lost the Quasar, some CR90s, some A-wings, and 2 Hammerheads), be reassigned to be under Jan and Bail's control.Given how tight they have been with their continuity and connections, I would bet that those GR75s and Nebulons are here specifically to join them when they are stationed at Yavin to set up RO.

Just my assumption though.

14. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Dumb question, but relevant since this show gives me many opportunities to raise it in my mind:

Chopper repeatedly gets smuggled onto Imperial ships, including this past episode and, it would appear, the next one. But why does the Empire need/use astromech droids? Their Starfighters don't have droid sockets. I know Chopper, um, dispatched an Imperial one in an early episode, but why was that droid even around? Undercover Chopper roams freely all over Imperial ships, but the only use I could think of would be to do external repairs, like the R2 droids in TPM. And thus were basically stored in a supply closet on Padme's starship.

15. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    The Empire uses astromechs all over ANH in the DS hallways
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I assume they are used for accessing terminals, carrying detailed info to different parts of the ship, and repairs like you said. They are often used to carry hyperspace coordinates and help with precise stuff there so they likely are needed to make sure transports have the right coordinates as well as assisting the DS's many navigation systems. They are good back ups for navcomputers so that is a great reason to have them around. That and they are good at doing small maintenance that would be hard for a normal crewman to do as well as saving money on training tons of crewmen to deal with every single little maintenance problem when they can just use astromechs.

MercenaryAce and TheRedBlade like this.
  16. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Astromech droids seem to serve lots of functions. Why did the Lars's want one?

sent from my Moto X-Wing

TheRedBlade and SilentGuy66 like this.
  17. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I assume they also do external repairs, like in Episode I.

18. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Maintenance on the moisture evaporators and all the tech that goes into running electricity to the massive amount of said moisture evaporators. I would love a list of all the uses of Astromechs. Waiter would be on there obviously
    [​IMG]

19. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    That serving tray seems to be very specifically developed for Astromech. Like...Moto Mods.

Maybe there's a series of Astromech accessories. A big industry!

Astromech are like the Star Wars version of Swiss Army knives...Robot Swiss Army knives.

sent from my Moto X-Wing

CooperTFN and Fin McCool like this.
  20. Fin McCool

Apr 18, 2015
    I know they use them. I was just wondering why. I guess I should've stated the nub of my question:

Clearly, they're a favored droid of the Rebellion. They're apparently very easy to smuggle onto an Imperial ship. Just paint them with an Imperial design! And they can access pretty much any critical information -- except, it would appear, officer-level "clearance codes" -- with the extension of an arm. So the question arises, why not replace them with a different type of droid that can do pretty much the same thing? And I know it's a question with no great answer. Poor security oversight is a hallmark of the mighty Galactic Empire.

21. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    They said Grievous led the largest droid army in galactic history. But the CIS had nothing on the Swiss Droid Army!!! But yeah Astromechs are super multipurpose. They got everything, even jetpacks. (much to the dismay of a lot of people for some reason).

Stymi likes this.
  22. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Yes...The Empire is terrible at security. I've said this before, but if you pick too much at the threads of Star Wars logic/science/tech/etc....It all fall apart pretty quickly.

So just watch, and don't question anything!

Lol

Also...Why are you using spoiler tags? Not only do you not need to for the most recent episode, but also your last post was extremely general in regards to Astromech usage.

sent from my Moto X-Wing

23. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I loved the bust of the Abednedo in Thrawn's office. I'm guessing that the Abednedo were subjugated by Thrawn, probably one of the high casualty campaigns they referred to at the start of the season.

--Adm. Nick

24. Fin McCool

Apr 18, 2015

Stymi likes this.
  25. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Not any worse than any real life military.

Karl0413 and AdmiralNick22 like this.