main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Also, please use spoiler tags when discussing the season finale. This includes discussion promotional advertisements, just because this is the finale and XD of known to release everything.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    You put "[ spoiler ]" before the sentences/paragraphs you want to hide (lowercase letters; remove quote marks and spaces before/after the tag- I'm only using them so that it shows you the markup code without creating an actual tag).

You put "[ /spoiler ]" after the sentences/paragraphs you want to hide to close the markup code (again without the spaces or quotes).

So it should look like this (swap the parenthesis for brackets):

(spoiler)This is the text being hidden(/spoiler)

3. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    In Luke's quest for Jedi info in the comics, it seems to me that people not relaying info to Luke about Kanan and Ezra would be a pretty big nonsensical SNAFU.

Even Ezra would be an amazing resource for Luke, "official" Jedi or no.

If they survive, this would need to be renconciled.

sent from my Moto X-Wing

4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    As much as I hate to admit it, they really do need to die or else be removed from the board completely in some other way. Even if Ezra gives up the Force and just becomes your average Rebel soldier, you'd think once he hears about Luke he'd at least go to him and share what Kanan taught him. And as for Kanan, well...it pains me, because he is such an awesome character, but he honestly has to go. Especially since they turned him into the Blind Master, he's just too Force-knowledgeable to be around post-ANH.

5. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    It is interesting, however, that Ezra was notably absent for any and all discussions of The Chosen One, or the fact that Kenobi is protecting someone. He's basically just, "Listen, you're REALLY not supposed to be here. You're messing things up AGAIN, Ezra. Just ... go do something else. Go be where you belong. Which is not here with me, okay?" And Ezra, for once in his life is all, "Okay, yessir, Wise Master Who Is Far Beyond Me. So sorry. I'm out of my league. Like big time. Peace out."

Ben basically said, "Find your own story. You don't belong in this one." Which, apart from being very Meta, is also a fascinating IU character moment, both for Kenobi, and for Ezra.

Kylun, CooperTFN and Daneira like this.
  6. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    You know...It is actively odd that Yoda and Obi would not be recruiting an underground Jedi Order with the survivors.

Even as a contingent if the Skywalker twins didn't pan out.

sent from my Moto X-Wing

Ghost likes this.
  7. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Just spit-balling here, but I'm wondering if someone within the fledging Rebel Alliance isn't on the level and turns Kanan/Ezra over to the Imperials or at least makes the situation such that they need to run. That could be one explanation why Mon Mothma speaks with Bail in such hushed, indirect tones about Kenobi. (Yes, I know another reason is that Bail has already said Kenobi is dead.)

Regardless, I accept that a "Disney XD show" probably wouldn't kill the teenaged protagonist, but I guessing things heighten to the degree that Kanan/Ezra have decreased utility to a bigger scale rebellion and potentially become a liability if the Imperials develop the taste for Force users again.

8. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998

I find it indicative that rebuilding a functional hierarchical Jedi Order is not particularly a goal at this point in time. Yoda didn't say, "Re-establish a Jedi Council, and restore the Jedi Order!" He eventually said, "Pass on what you have learned." While that doesn't need to be mutually exclusive, they don't need to go together, either. Choosing Not To Fight has been kind of a big theme in terms of what it now means to be an effective Jedi in this period.
    That is how Kanan proves to TheTemple/(Yoda?) his readiness to be a Jedi Knight.
    [​IMG]
    That is how Kenobi was able to continue to help and guide Luke.
    [​IMG]
    It is how Luke cemented, and acknowledged his Knighthood
    [​IMG]
    - and it has interesting implications for TFA Era Luke.

9. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    It would be ad hoc. My larger point is how Obi just dismissed Ezra so easily. Seems a little weird.

sent from my Moto X-Wing

10. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

Well....I don't think it went quite like that.

"You're in the wrong place, Ezra Bridger"

"We need you to defeat the Empire."

"What you need, you already have. Unfortunately, you seem to be letting it all go."

"If I have what I needed, why would the Holocrons send me to you?"

"They didn't. Maul did."

Obi-Wan has basically told Ezra that:
    1. He know nothing about how to destroy the Sith
    2. The Rebellion doesn't need him, they already have Ezra
    3. Obi-Wan never had the secret to destroying the Sith. The only reason Ezra was driven to seek him out was because of Maul's manipulations.
    It should be heavily emphasized here that Obi-Wan is lying. He does know how to destroy the Sith, the secret to doing so is right there on Tatooine. He tells Ezra a lie to get him to leave and give up the notion that the secret to destroying the Sith is with Obi-Wan.It's quite ironic that he says this, as he also says:
    "He (Maul) manipulated the truth which has led you here, where you should never have been."
    Obi-Wan manipulates that same truth to deceive Ezra into leaving Tatooine without the secret to destroy the Sith. He convinces Ezra that there is no secret on Tatooine, no knowledge Obi-Wan has that would let them destroy the Sith. Obi-Wan is doing the right thing, as the secret of the Skywalker twins is the one real chance left to destroy the Sith, and an impulsive, reckless boy like Ezra cannot be trusted with such a secret. But he is misleading Ezra. The Holocrons didn't lie to Ezra. The secret to destroying the Sith is right there on Tatooine, and Obi-Wan knows it. He just doesn't want to share it with Ezra.

11. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    I do like how defeating the Empire and defeating the Sith is not necessarily a 'two-for-the-price-of-one' victory on either front.

12. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Even just Ezra knowing Kenobi is on Tatooine is a big danger for Obi-Wan. If Vader ever captured and brutally interrogated Ezra, Ezra would surely divulge the locations of any Jedi he knows of, including Obi-Wan.

Darkslayer, Ghost and Ulicus like this.
  13. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

Would he? Grand Inquisitor couldn't get any answers out of Kanan. Darth Vader couldn't get any answers out of Princess Leia. Would Ezra Bridger would break so easily?

14. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Everyone breaks eventually.

15. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Sure, but all we really know is they're inaccessible to the Rebellion by the time Rogue One comes around.

Also:
    I was fascinated with Obi-Wan saying Ezra shouldn't have been there, and that his presence has changed the course of many things. What does that even mean? Reminds me of @Sinrebirth's project...

16. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I think we have opposite goals because what I want to see is there are no common soldiers except for rare mooks. I want to see stories about Star Wars soldiers who blow up AT-AT walkers by themselves, gun down hordes of Stormtroopers like Master Chief, and run the Kessel Run in less than 14 parsecs. Basically, lots of people like Boba Fett and Jahan Cross and so on. There should be more Muggle heroes but Star Wars shouldn't try to be a gritty war story land but full of Epic Heroes.

That's only if you see it as a problem. For example, I see no problem with Luke, Kanan, and Ezra hanging out. Kanan talking to Luke about the Force and even teaching him a few lightsaber tricks. Would that really violate canon so much?

Just imagine Luke going to Yoda with a bit more knowledge but nowhere near what he needs. Hell, imagine how awesome a team-up that would be.

17. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah. It bothers me. Obi-Wan needed to use one of those MIB memory pens before he sent Ezra back.

Hell, he didn't even swear the kid to silence. I realise that Ezra didn't immediately blab "GUYS I FOUND OBI-WAN" at the end of the episode, and perhaps he'll know better than to ever say, but I find it pretty hard to imagine him not confiding in Kanan, at least.

Darkslayer and JediMara77 like this.
  18. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Obi-Wan violating a fellow Jedi's mind like that seems grossly out of character. It's a bad situation all round but Obi-Wan handled it as best he could.

Besides, there's also this other dude who knows named Bail Organa and his entire crew.

19. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    MIB memory sticks don't actually exist in SW, AFAIK. It was a joke.

Ideally he'd have found a way to get Ezra to leave without revealing himself at all.

20. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004

Sure, that would be great!

But it's not the story that we have.

21. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Isn't Luke searching for Jedi knowledge to develop his own skills a large part of his arc in the post-ANH NEU?

If Kanan and Ezra are around, and he's aware of them, there's no need for it, everything falls apart.

22. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    Yes I think this upcoming episode is an opportunity to kill off Ezra and Kanan, they shouldn't really be around post-ANH. If they were at Scarif, Im sure Vader would've sensed something. A disturbance in the force atleast. A season 4 without the jedi would be a good chance to fully embrace the idea of the rebellion and not having these jedi business interfere with telling that story.

23. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I think there's almost zero chance of Ezra being killed off. Walking away from the Jedi way? Or the Force? Maybe. Killed off? Nah.

Kanan is the mentor, so he's always got a target on his back.

Maybe they'll just get trapped in that cave from Highlander III until the end of RotJ.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Ezra is more talented than Luke is until ROTJ.

Kanan and Ezra met and trained Luke, he should've been much further along.

And if Leia knew they existed and didn't tell Luke, she is a horrible person.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

25. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    If they were around at the time of Scarif, what would've been the debate, even for the Gloomy Guses at the Yavin base? "Difficult-to-impossible task? Send in the Jedi."