main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Or even better.

Have Ezra sneak into the Imperial Palace on a secret mission to capture the Emperor. He's just a feeble old man to the Rebels and those Royal Guards can't stop a Jedi.

Ezra and Sabine should just disguise themselves as stormtroopers and sneak into the Palace. Break into the Throne Room, stun the Emperor and smash the window for a getaway on the Ghost. With one stroke the Rebels could win the entire war!

I bet Mon Mothma would approve a plan like that in a heartbeat. She was so excited to destroy the Death Star when she found out the Emperor was going to be aboard. And she knows from history that it's not that hard to kidnap Palpatine.

It's not like these Rebels know the Emperor is a Sith Lord who can see the future and unleash deadly bolts of lightning from his fingertips.

BobaMatt and Tzizvvt78 like this.
  2. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Both Ahsoka and Maul knew Palpatine was a Sith Lord, I can't imagine one of them not bringing it up at least once to Ezra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016

From where does Ahsoka knows that?

Ghost likes this.
  4. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    If you're asking how did she find out, I have no idea, but my source for that fact is the Ahsoka novel.

5. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    So I tried to stay away from the net till the finale aired. Didn't make it. :(

6. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Well....Ahsoka knew Darth Vader was Anakin Skywalker and she never told Ezra. Maul suspected Obi-Wan was guarding the Chosen One and never told Ezra.

Bail knew Obi-Wan was alive and never told Ezra.

We have no evidence that Ahsoka or Maul told any of the Rebels of Darth Sidious.

7. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    Oh, ok! I never read it. Strange, i see no way that she knows that Palpatine is a sith lord.

8. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    It's quite possible she just figured it out on her own, the pieces are all there.

She knows about Order 66, she knows the Jedi didn't betray the Republic, she knows the Empire has dark-side-using Inquisitors to hunt down surviving Jedi, I'm sure she knows that the dark side surrounded the Chancellor, put that all together and it becomes pretty clear that there's some definite sith influence there.

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Does she though? Considering the circumstances around her departure from the Order, could she be totally sure that story wasn't true? o_O

10. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    There's a pretty big difference between people unfairly doubting you as an individual (or a lone extremist if that's what you're referring to) and a massive Order-wide treasonous conspiracy. Sure, that bit was a bit of an OOU-leaning leap - it would have been neat for her to assume that, say, Mas Amedda or somebody was the actual Sith Lord and Palpatine was just a puppet - but Ahsoka not buying the official story is not a hard sell.

11. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Oh man, her blaming it on Amedda would have been brilliant.

12. BeesInABar

BeesInABar Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2015
    I've always assumed top Rebel leadership knew, what with Bail having picked Yoda up after his duel with Sidious, then conferred with him and Kenobi before their exile.

Darkslayer, quinlan solo and Ghost like this.
  13. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    But did Yoda even tell Bail? All Bail knows is that Yoda went to try and remove the Emperor from power and failed. He doesn't know that Palpatine is a Sith Lord. Yoda could have kept that fact to himself since it was "Jedi Business". The Jedi as a group are quite secretive. Obi-Wan doesn't disclose Palpatine's true nature in his beacon message to the Jedi survivors.

14. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Have any more Rebel factions been explored beyond Saw's Partisans? Not in the show obviously, but elsewhere? I'd be interested in the early days of the GCW looking more like the Spanish Civil War with competing factions with different ideologies united against the Imperial foe. Rebel anarchists striving to establish a non-hierarchical egalitarian planetary system or sector, for instance. The sorts that would be appalled by the continuing usage of titles like "Princess of Alderaan" in the post-Imperial timeframe.

15. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    The only other examples I can think of are the Ryloth cell and Seperatist Holdouts. Though the Ryloth cell has grown more cooperative, their goals and motivations are still a bit different from the Rebel Alliance. Similarly, it could probably be argued that the Sullust Resistance was another example of this, though I think they eventually ended up joining the Rebellion thanks to the efforts of Nien Numb.

We don't have a lot of info about the Seperatist holdouts, but Empire's End definitely suggests that at least a few survived until after the war and remained their own separate entities.

16. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    The old EU had: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cody_Sunn-Childe

17. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    I liked that in EE, where we learn of several states being formed with obvious Separatist names.

18. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    This wait is killing me.. How will it unfold?

19. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    It's funny how some people are more anxious for this episode and others were most anxious for Twin Suns. For me the finale isn't the big story. I was much more invested in Maul's arc. Last week's episode was the most important one in the season for me. Now that we know Maul's fate I'm relaxed. Nothing can happen in the finale that'll faze me.

Ghost likes this.
  20. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm not anxious for anyone except for Thrawn. The rational part of my brain knows it would be unwise to off him this quickly after introducing him, what with the book (that Zahn is already pitching a sequel for.) and all the merch coming out, especially since he would make the perfect main antagonist for that post RotJ series that you just know Filoni wants to do.

But part of me still is worried Kallus is going to Rukh him. I don't know if I could deal with that[face_nail_biting] .

21. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    I was very excited for Twin Suns but what powers my hype for this episode is showdown with Thrawn the same way Twin Suns had showdown with Maul, plus this episode is fourty minutes long or so.

22. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Well, I've been unimpressed with Thrawn 's meagre accomplishments in Season Three. I seriously doubt he will be able to do any lasting harm to the Rebels.

23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Part of me wants to hide under a bunker and hunker down for a good...IDK week or so. :p

24. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I agree. The best victory Thrawn could hope for, I think, is something I predicted a month ago (quoted below). And even if something like my prediction happens in Rebels, it still won't feel like a victory for the Empire.

25. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

Yeah I mean, the best we could hope for to "salvage" Thrawn's reputation as it was in Legends, is if he was called away by the emperor into the unknown regions which actually hindered him from doing the significant blow he originally planned to cause against the rebels. Aswell as two jedi deaths along with phoenix rebel cell (all of it except the spectres, excluding jedi).

26. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Did spoilers leak?