main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Neverx, Mar 25, 2017.

1. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Rarely seen clip about Ahsoka pre-transformation

2. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    My God that is what Filoni thinks isn't it :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I'm not going to defend Rebels here, but if you think an idea is awful, then yes, you should explain why you think so. After all, everyone has their own opinion.

You know what I will do? I don't bash the idea of Ahsoka turning into a white wolf, but I don't gush on it either.

I will do what is the only rational approach: I will wait until I see how it plays out on-screen, and will then decide, based on the outcome, if it is good or bad.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

4. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    I don't think its a bad idea that Ashoka is a white wolf, I just think it's not a star wars thing to do and i can tell Dave doesn't want to kill her off and is trying to make a excuse so she can be alive in the OT i understand that i really do. but that's how he was to do it make a wolf. this is one of the reason i consider old EU and new Eu canon for me is because as much as i love the new canon they try to make everything connect, i mean they could have has Ashoka still around New Hope and not have her as wolf. i mean they don't try to have a spreate story. also i of watch and grow to in joy Asoka over the years and i thank Dave for making her, it's just i never thoght her story would end with her becoming a wolf. i may have to change her fate in my canon. i already did that to two charcters i guess i will have to do the same with her. I don't know,i mean this is Dave's creation. but i will watch and see if i do not like how it turns out i will rewrite her fate in my own canon.

5. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    As far as I'm concerned, Ahsoka Tano died on Malachor. This wolf nonsense is just a physical manifestation of her spirit, a trick she learned from the Daughter of Mortis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I agree, nonsense. I'm flabbergasted that SG would allow Filoni to break Vader's character just to elevate Super'Soka...again.

podjazd and Dark Lady Mara like this.
  7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    TBF, the repercussion of her being saved by the Daughter has to be addressed at some point. They kinda left it up in the air what with TCW abruptly ending sooner then expected.

MandaloreRex2015 and Vialco like this.
  8. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    I guess Ahsoka's power level did go crazy in star wars Rebels, but Dave got so carry away he made the inquisitors look lame because he went insane on Ashoka power level

9. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Perhaps but I don't need to walk in the rain, without an umbrella to know that if I do I'll get wet. Same with this, it just feels like Filoni is not even trying anymore and just making any old crap up. Like I said earlier this just seems like bad fan fiction and not even Starwars fan fic at that but to use an a similar example, when I read the KJA story of IG-88 transferring into the Death Star, I thought that was a bad idea too, so I'm being consistent.

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe the wolf takes them to the nether realm of the force and shepards them rather like the wolf-headed Anubis god of the underworld. But there is problems with all of this kinda thinking. It raises too many questions and asks us to further suspend logic and belief more than we should or need to. Did Ahsoka become a goddess on Mortis, if so none of that helped her from the end of that arc to finally facing Vader. Worst case, IS this just Filoni's way of ensuring her a life past death alongside Anakin, Kenobi, and Yoda(+Jinn). I don't really care for Ahsoka the bird and this Ahsoka the wolf. As much as I like Ahsoka, I don't think she ever earned all these gifted super-duper powers and literary luxuries that are more artificially gifted to her due to possibly Filoni's fan fiction and his personal favorites - which is fast becoming less Lucas SW or classic SW - more just his own personal toy chest. I rather prefer Marvel's take on SW over Rebels. But I will refrain absolute judge over this issue until after I see how it plays out.

Jabba the Hud and Lady_Misty like this.
  11. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    All of this right here.

Anyway... I love that S4 is one massive arc that involves the Death Star.

Jabba the Hud and Vialco like this.
  12. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    yeah i can't wait for this season too

13. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Seems appropriate

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I have no problem with Ahsoka turning into a wolf...if she literally can turn into a wolf. I liked the Animagi in Harry Potter.

I have a real problem with the idea of a Mortis revisit, as I have a real problem with any program/episode in which the entire idea is that the viewer doesn't know what the hell is going on.

TheMoldyCrow likes this.
  15. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Kinda off-topic but I thought that Mortis was a pretty easy arc to understand. It's fully understandable so I don't really get this complaint [face_dunno]

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It was pretty obvious that what the episode said was happening did not really happen.

Ahsoka never turned to the Dark Side.

None of the characters died.

Nobody really told Anakin that he could only save either Ahsoka or Obi-Wan, given that they were both very much alive in later episodes.

Anakin supposedly saw himself in ROTS but that never came up later.

The Father, the Son and the Daughter were never mentioned by the Jedi Council nor do they seem to actually have names.

And there were no drugs or alcohol involved to explain why this stuff that was allegedly happening was not really happening.

As I said...no way to know what the hell was going on.

I want to avoid that in future Rebels episodes. We already had Path of the Jedi in which the Inquisitor died but not really; no more of that.

Padme501st likes this.
  17. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    Way dose TV Tropes say sabine's mother and brother survived when everyone said they died?

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    TV Tropes is edited by fans- a lot of it is just extrapolation of speculative material. Oftentimes its information will be fluid before something actually comes out, though every now and then mistakes are never corrected. We'll just have to wait and see if that particular detail is accurate or not.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  19. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    ok thank you

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  20. TheMDOSS1313

TheMDOSS1313 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 8, 2013
    ANH: Ben is slain by Darth Vader and becomes a disembodied voice that speaks to Luke.

ESB: Luke is trained by a 900 year old muppet wizard who sends him to a cave where he lobs off Vader's head only to reveal his own face.

ROTJ: Anakin, Ben, and Yoda all appear as Force Ghosts which are seemingly only visible to Luke. Empire is defeated by teddy bears.

TPM: Darth Maul is chopped in half and falls down a bottomless hole only to return later. Surviving only through his hatred.

AOTC: 10,000 Jedi cannot sense that Darth Sidious is right under their noses.

ROTS: Padme dies because she loses the will to live...

TCW: Mortis. (Side note: which is purposely left up to the viewer's interpretation as to whether the events were literal or figurative. Either way its purpose is symbolic and foreshadowing. The most we know is that it does not take place in the temporal world as stated by the Father. Additionally, Yoda and Anakin speak about Mortis in the season 6 Yoda arc. Just wanted to point those facts out as I have seen some confused thoughts on this matter on the boards.)

Rebels: Bendu becomes a storm and kills people.

TFA: Rey touches Luke/Anakin's lightsaber and has a bizarre Force vision.

RO: "I am one with the Force and the Force is with me."

My point is that every canon on-screen Star Wars story has involved either a bizarre depiction of the Force or required a suspension of disbelief Force related or not. Ahsoka becoming a wolf really is not too out there or unrealistic for the fantasy set in a sci-fi world that is known as Star Wars. Now the real question is whether the character of Ahsoka is worthy to have such a progression in her story? Is this the natural progression for this character? In other words: is this good writing? Ultimately time will tell. We do not even know whether Ahsoka truly does become a wolf in season 4. This is all just speculation even if the trailer and other evidence does seem to be pointing us that way.

Also, I do not understand all the Filoni hating. Saying he is awful because of this and that. I kind of feel like fans are "Lucas-ing" Filoni. Dave Filoni has been an incredible showrunner both on TCW and Rebels. Just as George Lucas is an incredible creator and visionary having dreamt up Star Wars as a whole. Yes, there have been missteps by both but I think it's a disservice to say they are awful as a whole just because of some small kinks in an otherwise amazing story.

Those are just my two cents on all this Ahsoka business:)

EDIT: Can't forget to mention the "magiks" in all that Nighstsisters business in TCW!

21. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    Because they both show up in a scene in the season 4 trailer that was not in the first episode previewed at celebration. Unlike with live action movies such as Rogue One, where digital film is cheap, each animated scene costs money, so the trailer is unlikely to contain scenes that do not also appear in the season episodes.

cwustudent and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  22. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    It's been an age since I put pencil to paper, but a sneak peek of a cartoon I couldn't resist...

"Hot Kallus"

[​IMG]

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Nothing makes my signature without being good. [face_whistling]

24. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Don't get all bogged down with it. In regards to using the force though, yeah I can't say that I care about it either way. Unless it's just like way out there I don't even care enough beyond is this entertaining anymore. I mean, the force wasn't even really that integral to Rogue One but the thing that made me scratch my head was the tentacle thing that not only apparently forces you to spill the beans but also messes with your mind?
    [​IMG]
    I think that there's a lot of dissent on Filoni's direction of the series and his continued involvement because there's people that aren't doing it the way they would do it themselves. Really though, Filoni should be recognized as trying to bring as much of the EU/Legends as canon as he can when it makes sense to do so.

25. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002