main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Neverx, Mar 25, 2017.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    It is quite obvious more than one of the main characters will die.

2. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Kanan wouldn't quit being a Jedi due to Ezra's death. It'd actually strengthen him. Look at the season one finale when he thought Ezra died, he became more in tune with the Force as he had nothing left to fear. It should be the opposite, Kanan dies, Ezra leaves.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Everyone dies in the glory of Hell fire

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Especially because Ezra is still a teenager and I don't see them killing the main character

5. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    I thank Kanan will die. i am just wondering what going to happen to wolfAshoka

6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Does Disney know that the Death Star story is way more important than the Ghost crew's story?

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Disney is not the one in charge of all that it's still Lucasfilm

Darth_Voider likes this.
  8. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    TCW didn't feel the need to throw Anakin and Obi-Wan in every story, and they are main characters of the MOVIES.

I really feel like this insistence on having the Ghost crew in every episode hurts their characters (I as the viewer got sick of them awhile ago) and it hurts the story the episode is trying to tell (see: Twin Suns).

This is just my opinion of course but I'm curious if anyone else agrees and has any further thoughts to add.

IMO, LucasFilm ceased to exist once George sold but that's another discussion.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Because that's just how the show is structured. The show is not an Anthology show like TCW it follows a core cast that will appear in every episode or at least one of them will.

Still how much do you think Dave has to change because of Disney? Other then showing to violent stuff for the TV-Y7 rating?

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  10. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    A lot. He had to change from TCW to Rebels, that's a huge change.

11. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    There is a little movie called Rogue One, just so you know. It was pretty good :)

12. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    I'm pretty sure the reason they are focusing on the Ghost crew as opposed to the Death Star is because this is a show about the Ghost crew, but maybe that's just some crazy theory on my part.

13. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    now we're talking

[​IMG]

podjazd likes this.
  14. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    My problem is, they're most likely going to shoehorn the Ghost crew into being a vital part of the Death Star operation.

Why can't we get it TCW-style? TCW didn't shoehorn certain characters into every episode.

At this point, the Ghost crew has more canon screen time than the OT characters. I'm sorry, but that just doesn't feel right.

I respect the idea of a different style of storytelling than TCW, but you have to fit this show around Star Wars. Star Wars shouldn't be fit around this show.

That's where my irritation is coming from.

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  15. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    How many death scenes do you think we'll get this season?

16. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    Don't see anything wrong with that. In my opinion, having them be involved with the Death Star would only make these characters more important to the Star Wars universe. And seeing how they are the main characters of an entire series, I think that would be a smart move.

It's not going to get TCW style because this isn't TCW. It's a completely different type of storytelling, and it's been that way since the beginning, so they're not gonna change it anytime soon. Also, I think you could definitely argue that TCW DID shoehorn classic characters into the show. Remember when Chewbacca showed up at the end of S3, and everyone just forgot about him?

Lol what? The OT characters have three movies, and the Ghost Crew have an entire series. It's no surprise that the Rebels characters have had more screen time than the OT ones. And I'm pretty sure Ahsoka and Rex have more screen time than several of the PT characters.

17. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    This past season they've changed it a tad from being the whole crew to say 3 or 4 characters at most. It's the basic structure however. There's no Padme to go off and explore.

18. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I don't know how Darkslayer is making the connection here. I could swear that Filoni was quoted as saying something to the effect that they were going to stay away from the Death Star for Rebels, as it isn't there story. Or something like that. A poster mentioned a theory with Saw and connecting the kyber crystals in his arc, and that makes sense. If it puts him on Jedha, then that could be our Rogue One and Death Star tie-in without having to deal directly with the Death Star or with the characters having direct knowledge of it.

MandaloreRex2015 and Watto like this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Let's not forget the debate rule people. Saying "TCW did X, why can't Rebels as well?" violates the spirit of that rule.

20. They can kill him in some new novel

What they should do is finish Rebels with a happy ending and then take out a new novel where they kill Ezra or Kanan

21. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    yeah i agree we should not make this a debate lets just talk about season 4

22. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I do hope season 4 focuses on the main cast and concluding their stories. Episodes like Twilight of the Apprentice and Twin Suns are cool, but they feel like a diversion from the main story. I hope season 4 has more episodes like "Trials of the Darksaber" where we actually develop core characters rather than give them adventures that don't matter in the long run or have them be used as a side plot in someone else's story.

23. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    yeah well i understand but alot of these character fates were deal with now. now time for the main characters fates to be reveal

24. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    except for chopper, he must be purged with painful white flame

25. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014

I really hope they keep the Ghost crew away from the Death Star plot. At no point should any of them have any knowledge of it, unless they perish before being able to relay the information. Because we have confirmation that the Ghost, Hera, and Chopper make it to the events of Rogue One, if they have information, it makes Jyn Erso's role pointless, as they would have already told them about the battle station. As someone said before, they need to make this show fit into Star Wars, not make Star Wars fit around this show.