main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Neverx, Mar 25, 2017.

1. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    In regards to the Kalani comment above, it would be funny if he did not appear in s4 and always just appeared in every SW animated show in one story arc each. That would be interesting and hilarious.

2. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I hope so. The Inquisitors are one of my favorite things about this show.

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Wonder if The Inquisitors will be linked to Pablo's hint about seeing more of Vader's Castle? *rubs chin and points with pipe*

Ithorians and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  4. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    If we follow the trailer release pattern, we won't get another full trailer until midway through the season (so probably January). Of course, we will get some clips before then and maybe some trailers with a tiny bit of new footage mixed with old footage.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    we did get a S2 trailer with new footage at Comic Con.

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, we must prepare ourselves for this great moment, then. Even if it means waiting to January (I forgot we'll be having a break for TLJ)

Oh poo.

Darth Dnej and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  7. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Im itching for a new trailer. I think we'll get one before the season begins, or at e least some new 30 second ads with new footage.

podjazd likes this.
  8. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    There will definitely be previews, unless they forgo them this time for the final season.

9. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Well the trailer we already got had only a minute of new footage, I'd honestly call it a teaser. I'd be willing to but either this or next month we get a new trailer. Is there anything coming up where they might possibly choose to show it off?

10. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    they could surprise us tomorrow. I don't remember any confirmations of Rebels NOT popping up at D23.

Snafu55 and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It was a mistake in my opinion to kill the Grand Inquistor

Grievpalpy75 likes this.
  12. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    He wasn't even the Grand Inquisitor until season 2, he was just known as a regular Inquisitor up until that point. I thought it was a relatively unnecessary development.

But yeah I like the Inquisitors. I think their lightsabers are neat, except for the whole helicopter thing.

cwustudent likes this.
  13. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    It was, right? I remember a whole thread to talk about it. I would have preferred for him not to be the Grand Inquisitor, especially since he wasn´t presented that way from the start, but still, I would say that probably the thing that excites me the most about Season 4 is the possibility of the return of the Inquisitors. If they bring Vader back with them, even better...

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He was just a good villian. Enough of a challenge, but able to be held back.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The whole introduction of a "Grand Inquisitor" still leaves a horrible taste in my mouth. A role, that significant, should not be casually mentioned after the characters death. Still seemed so out of place.

podjazd and fett 4 like this.
  16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Agreed. Then Rebels doesn't learn its lesson and we get 3 more dead inquisitors without a single one lasting for more then 1 season.

podjazd likes this.
  17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Guessing it is a timing issue and Dave always knew Rebels was going to be short. Thus the backstory of the Inquisitors was rushed, with some details left out altogether.

18. Hond0 0hnaka

Hond0 0hnaka Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2017
    So what does everyone think might happen in season 4 of Star Wars Rebels (I encourage speculation and fan theories)? I thought about it ALOT and this is what I came up with; Maybe we could have Commander Cody make an appearance for the Galactic Empire and have a final confrontation with Rex. I also thought what if Darth Vader was able to lure Ahsoka to the dark side as his secret apprentice (Darth Snips). IF this ever happened, which it probably wouldn't but it is fun to speculate, perhaps Darth Vader would send Ahsoka to Tatooine to destroy Obi Wan Kenobi once and for all (this can only end with the death of Ahsoka seeing that Kenobi is in A New Hope and he cannot be killed off in Rebels). This message was originally in the Official Star Wars Rebels Thread but I am now placing it where it belongs. There was one more character that I wanted to cover that I didn't in my original message and that is Hondo Ohnnaka. What does everyone think will happen to him?

19. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I think they're missing a cool nod to the EU if they don't have Cody return as a phase zero Dark Trooper. Especially with the Tarkin initiative being an important factor in the GCW era canon. They could easily retcon the Dark Trooper project as part of the Tarkin Initiative. We haven't seen legit Dark Troopers in canon yet, only those imitation Imperial Sentry droids.
    Dark Trooper Cody vs Rex? Maybe it would be too fan-servicey, but what the heck, they already did BOTH Obi Wan vs Maul and Ahsoka vs Vader. I bet it would probably be one of those things Filoni and the Rebels crew could do, and maybe want to do, but don't have the time for it in Rebel's final season.
    I think this season is going to be all about the Ghost Crew, and possibly Ahsoka. It's going to be a short one, so I don't expect any wildcards stories. Rebels will probably also touch on why Saw and the Alliance are so conceited against each other. There's a lot to cover and not much room to add more stories in there.

podjazd and Hond0 0hnaka like this.
  20. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
    I hope Ahsoka is dead. and if not I want her to die. she deserves to die.
    one of the most overrated characters ever.

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The "Ahsoka debate" never, ever ends well. We tend to avoid that topic.

22. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah, let's not go there folks.

23. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Dave said this final *sob* season will be more 'serialized', so I want to see a GOOD, progressive story (fewer episodes but more two parters from what I understand). I want to see a definitive end to to the 'will they/wont they/ 'debate' (they HAVE) Kanan/Hera romance. Cody/Rex would be interesting, but for the love of all that's holy and good, no 'bring in X character/situation' just to tie up TCW lost plots or perceived 'fan service' at the expense of our Ghost Crew and their experiences.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You mean dont do the thing they've been doing since the 14th episode of the series? :p

25. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I think this is why I liked the first season more. Rebels has always struggled between being a story about the Ghost crew, the story of the larger Rebellion, and tying up loose ends from the Clone Wars. When it chose one element and focused on it, the individual episode may have been good, but it failed to turn the overall show into a coherent story because the plot was all over the place. Twin Suns was good but it was barely about the Rebels. It was about Maul and Obi-Wan (not pertinent to the wider Ghost crew or the rebellion). Same with Twilight of the Apprentice. It was about Ahsoka and Vader (not pertinent to the rebellion) and Ezra and Maul (an interesting story that could have connected to the rebellion but just fizzled out without any wider impact). IMO, the show should have skewed more towards "Trials of the Darksaber" plots more as opposed to "well TCW got cancelled so we better tie up all the loose ends." It reminds me of the Hobbit films where the bloat and appendices material sutured to Bilbo's story overshadowed the (rather simple) source material's narrative. Hopefully this final season with its serialization will focus on the Ghost crew and their story. Cause Hera's opening monologue in season four's trailer about lost boys and broken girls is in complete contrast to what the show has mostly been in practice-completely random loose end tying from other parts of the lore.