main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Neverx, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I was more thinking about whatever is happening to Lothal at the end of the trailer. We think it's the empire who uses those missiles but maybe it's not? Maybe it's the rebels who finally start the attack to free Lothal from the oppression of the empire.

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    it's more likely debris from the lower atmosphere.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  3. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    What if
    Thrawn is capturing Hera through this Noghri (see the official second Rebels 4-trailer) to keep her kind of his personal prisoner because he is fascinated by her appearance, defiance and resolve? I could imagine this like in TCW the Zygerrian Queen Miraj Scintel wanted to keep Anakin as her personal Jedi-Guard.
    What if Vader or Tarkin are learning of this soft spot of the Chiss admiral using this to orchestrate Thrawn's downfall to get rid of him? And that would lead to Thrawn being captured by the Rebels the other way around?

4. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    edit: asked a question better of elsewhere. My bad.

5. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I wonder if she'll pull a Leia and convince the Noghri to turn on Thrawn
    16 episodes doesn't seem like enough time to cover all that though, but you can cram a lot of information into 22 minutes if you pace it right

I trust the Story Team to cover what they want, but the "what-ifs" are still going to run rampant

6. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    spoilers from clips shown at the fan expo:

-Hera gives Rex and Kallus the Ghost, but expects to come back to it at some point. Kallus gets sentimental over the fact that he used to chase the Ghost around and now he gets to help fly it. Kallus wants to command, but Rex takes charge.
    -Hera leads an X Wing and Y Wing raid on a blockade of ships over the fiery planet we saw in the trailer. Thrawn is commanding the blockade with a fleet of ships larger than what he brought to Atollon. At least 8 ISDs but this time accompanied with a large array of Arquiten and Gozanti-Classes.
    -Hera and Kanan have a conversation about their relationship. Hera is still focused on the now with the Rebellion. Its obvious Hera has feelings towards Kanan but she doesn't want them to get in the way of her job in the Rebellion. They do almost kiss, but Ryder runs past and Hera pulls away.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Classic rebels

revan772 likes this.
  8. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Ryder?
    Is that a new character or am I thinking about an entirely different franchise?:confused:

Are they going to bdz Lothal?
    Since most of the main cast isn't going to be there it will be an ideal time to emphasize how dangerous the Empire is but would Pryce be okay with that?

9. CommanderFlage

CommanderFlage Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2017
    I believe Ryder was the governor of Lothal before the Empire came. He's voiced by the same guy who did savage in TCW.

10. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    correct, Ryder Azadi. He seems to have gathered forces for an insurgency on Lothal since S2. In S3 they infiltrated the factory with Ezra and Kanan.

11. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Oh Clancy Brown voices him!:oops:
    Oh lord what if they do bdz Lothal?

12. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    We'd see ISDs in atmo again, since a BDZ from orbit drastically weakens the lasers as they pass through the atmosphere (Seen in the Thrawn book and the S3 finale, where laser blasts were barely kicking up dirt)

Compare to the Light Cruiser seen in Ghosts of Geonosis Part 2 when it's firing at the Ghost, which kicks up massive explosive dust clouds with its shots

Iron_lord and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  13. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    okay i got to ask what the heck is a BDZ?. I mean i've heard of DBZ but not BDZ.

14. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    "Base Delta Zero" it's an imperial term that basically means bombing a planet to point of utter devastation.

Snafu55 and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Just think of a nuclear wasteland and you get the picture, just without the radiation

16. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    Base Delta Zero was the naval code used by the Galactic Republicand Galactic Empire to order the complete surface destruction of a planetary target, eliminating all life, industry, and natural resources on the surface.
    :)

I would love to see it on screen one day.

podjazd and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If the newcanon's BDZ has to take place in very low atmosphere - then that would imply that it takes a lot longer to achieve full coverage. Legends used to have the whole thing take place in the space of an hour or so, depending on who was writing.

18. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    A bit more information on the broadcast schedule for season 4:
    So we'll get TWO episodes a week, which will have multiple encore presentations following their late-night (!) premiere.

19. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    This just made my day!

20. Poke-Artist

Poke-Artist Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2016
    I hope this applies to the UK, i have yet to check out the schedule over here for S4.

Would it be fair to assume that more or less each week will be a 2 part story?

21. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    Filoni said that the first five episodes were tying up prior storylines (Mandalore, Saw, etc.) and the remaining 10 were all really part of one larger story. So maybe episode 5 is our last standalone, and then we're into one big arc?

Snafu55 and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  22. Poke-Artist

Poke-Artist Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2016
    I would be happy with that, I have enjoyed most of the standalone episodes and the past Season with Mauls story I loved, The ending was quick and over with just like that but Maul is my favourite Sith so I am biased to him.

So I hope this final Season can pull It off becuase i feel the Show has gotten better and improved each Season. Finish the Show on a bang! ..not literally :p

cwustudent and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  23. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    So, does this mean season final in December?

24. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    If true, it looks like they don't want to split the last season and it will finish before the Christmas break.

It will be weird not having any new Star Wars animation in spring thou :(

podjazd likes this.
  25. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011