main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Neverx, Mar 25, 2017.

1. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I agree that there's an overwhelming amount of negativity among fans, and that the mods here do a great job keeping things civil.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  2. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    They do an awesome job indeed. I am a page Admin on Facebook, so I know exactly what they are dealing with.

3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  4. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    Conventional wisdom seems to be that Kanan will die and Ezra will live. I would be amazed and impressed if they killed Ezra and let Kanan live but have him go into exile in mourning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Tonight is the night! :D

6. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

Some of us have to wait until the 28th :mad:

UK Disney XD really is bad. Their website is useless too, no information at all.

7. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    so do you guys think we'll get individuals rebel recon episodes for episodes like The Occupation / Flight of the Defender and Kindred / Crawler Commandeers despite the fact that they air back to back?

8. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Dave Filoni‏@dave_filoni
    When You Wish Upon A Star
    [​IMG]

9. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    They look like Midges to me, and an incoming B-wing attack :p

10. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Aww, I love that picture of Ezra and Chopper as well as the one with the "Space family" last week. It's so nice.

It just adds a little more depth to the characters, to be able to see them from a different perspective.

11. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Is it just me or is Ezra old and bald in this?

DarthBreezy likes this.
  12. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    I don't know what it is, but seeing this picture and the one from last week actually makes me feel a bit emotional. I guess it's the uncertainty of not knowing how this is going to end that makes these pictures bittersweet.

13. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000
    Well... after seeing the 1st 2 Episodes of this 4th and final season, I must say that i am TOTALLY underwhelmed. I really, really want to love this series. I like Season 1. I love the episoides with the inquisitors, Tarkin, Maul, and Vader. Great stuff. The other seasons have had OK moments. But, something feels off. I adore the Clone Wars series. I feel that George Lucas's absence on this series is hurting in a number of ways - when I compare why I loved the Clone Wars and not Rebels. These 1st 2 Episodes for me felt basically like this...

* Yay! Mandalorians.
    * Look --- MORE Mandalorians.
    * Lots of jet packing around with people shooting and missing each other.
    * Oh, look. There's Kanan & Ezra.
    * More Mandaloreans standing around and talking.
    * Oh, wait! There's a cool weapon. Wow! Sabine created the weapon that was used to kill her mother and brother. Now, THAT is clever! Here we go. It's about to get better...
    * Oh, wait... the mother and brother survived. (Cue game show failure music: "Wah----wah---wah---waaaaaahhhhhhhh....")
    * More mandalorians fighting stormtroopers.
    * Good guys all escape. ...AGAIN.
    * Roll credits.

[face_plain]

So, 2 of the final 16 (is it 16...?) --- no, I should say the season PREMIER Episodes of this series was wasted on this story - for WHAT reason? This is the LAST season. Every episode should have impact. There should be more Vader. There should be Palpatine showing up. Members of the ghost crew need to start getting killed off. Let them die honorably. But, start moving on. Lead us into the events of Rogue One. I feel like Filoni spins his wheels too much on this series with stuff that most people don't really want or need to see.

14. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  15. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    I like how they're bringing the focus back to Lothal. It really feels things have come full circle. I wouldn't be surprised if this is going to be Ezra's obsession in this season. He really wants to free his world and the people from the Empire so much. For him everything has been leading up to this point.

But really wanting something and then being confronted by the harsh reality are two different things. I think what's going to happen with Lothal will define Ezra's character forever.

What kind of person does Ezra want to be? Who is Ezra Bridger?

16. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    With the Mandalore arc wrapped up we can focus on Lothal. I'll be glad to see it again, unpopular opinion but I really liked Season 1 and it's smaller stake for The Rebellion when The Spectres only operated typically on Lothal.

17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Scary Whitta @garywhitta
    I wrote the first episode of next week’s epic @StarWars Rebels two-parter, “In The Name of the Rebellion”. 1st clip!

18. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    Same here - season 1 is my favourite.

cwustudent, MrDarth0 and MandoArtist like this.
  19. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Season 2>1>3 for me.

podjazd and La Calavera like this.
  20. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I've loved all the seasons, but season one definitely had a tighter story where each episode led into the next. Like Ezra saving Zeb in Droids in Distress, it basically sets up Fighter Flight and their interactions, and that episode in turn comes into play in the finale. And then the Empire Day two parter leading in to Path of the Jedi and them finding the temple on Lothal. It all felt connected and there was a clear path at the end. Season two had it sort of, with some little side missions here and there, but ultimately it all leads to Malachor. Season three's main story is hard to pinpoint, really. Growing the rebellion is a big part, but there wasn't a clear, concise focus like with season one. I've enjoyed every episode and getting to see the Ghost crew, but I'd say season one is definitely the best season to watch. I love Rise of the Old Masters. I want another episode like that in the show. A dramatic but fun adventure.

La Calavera and Snafu55 like this.
  21. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    So has it been clarified when, why and how Kallus changed sides and became Fulcrum? Looking back over some older episodes, it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me.

cwustudent, La Calavera and kalzeth like this.
  22. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    He started out believing in the Empire and changed his views after getting into intimate struggle with Rebels. If you want to use an aging idiom, he went native. He received zero comradery from his fellow imperials and he saw the evil in the Imperial leadership (The Lasat Genocide, Tarkin, Pryce and Vader)

23. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I also agree that the storytelling in season 1 was tighter (and accomplished its goals) whereas in season 3 it became all over the place with really inconsistent characterization and unclear goals.

Season 2 is still my favorite, despite the stories of the Ghost crew not following a tight linear narrative as they did in Season 1. But damn, Season 2 brought all the drama and the higher stakes (before Season 3 diminished them with over-repetitiveness and pulling punches too often). Season 2 actually made people here fear for the characters, and speculate whether (or when) Kanan would die, Ezra would fall to the darkside, what would happen to Rex or Ahsoka, etc. It also had some of the most emotional moments for the Ghost crew.

I had some criticism with it, but Season 2 was earnestly a fun, dramatic and suspenseful ride.

24. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    We can guess at the why (he followed Zeb's advice and asked questions, then didn't like what he found), but not the when and the how just yet: hopefully we cover this - even if briefly - in the next episode.

25. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011