main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Neverx, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    While I wont deny Kanan is skilled and strong, I still doubt he can last any real length of time in a fight against Vader. Even Ahsoka couldn't make any real headway against Vader on Malachor.

Darth Dnej, CloneofVader and kalzeth like this.
  2. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    I agree, but Kanan abilities depends on writers desires. They can always use some ''Force guide him'' crap to explain how someone like Kanan can face a Sith Lord...

Canyon D and Vialco like this.
  3. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    The correct answer is run away!
    He witnessed a freaking AT-AT literally dropped on top of Darth Vader and he picked it up and tossed it to one side...
    Nobody and I mean nobody is daft enough to pick a fight with him if they have any other choice available!
    It worked in any game I played in as I don't bother using him in any star wars game I ran because he can't be everywhere!
    If season 4 ends with them dying for no freaking reason sigh I just hope they don't pull another Rogue One that's all!

kalzeth likes this.
  4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I feel the 'ending' will be open to interpretation.

Son of a Bith likes this.
  5. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  6. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    That could be about any of them though. But maybe it's more of a rallying cry?

7. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    It was a pair of AT-DP's, not an AT-AT, and Ezra was still more than ready to fight Vader after witnessing that. Of course we saw how a fight between them would go on Malachor. Luke put up a better fight on Bespin.

8. Shadowcatcher

Shadowcatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2017
    In that encounter, Vader was putting pressure on them as part of his search for the "Real Jedi" behind the rebel cell -- Vader didn't even consider Kanan, much less Ezra, to even be credible Jedis. If he just killed them right then and there, then he would have been no closer (in his POV) to catching Real Jedis. He needed them to "get lucky and escape" so he could track them back to the fleet -- which is exactly what he did. He found Ahsoka there, but I think he was looking for someone else, like Obi Wan.

cwustudent, Vialco and kalzeth like this.
  9. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    The death of the Grand Inquisitor and the destruction of Tarkin's flagship were what brought Vader to Lothal. He didn't kill Kanan and Ezra in their initial confrontation because he wanted to see how large of a group they had and then eliminate the entire organization. Classic Sith thinking.

But, when his plan worked and he found Phoenix Squadron, Vader sensed a familiar presence. Afterwards, Vader and Sidious decided to pursue Ahsoka in the hopes that she could lead them to the last two unaccounted members of the Jedi High Council.

That's why the Inquisitors were hunting Kanan and Ezra for all of Season Two. Their hunt culminated in the Skirmish on Malachor where all the Inquisitors perished and Vader came face to face with his quarry. Vader and Sidious's hopes were dashed when Ahsoka knew nothing about the surviving Jedi and without any further use for her, Vader killed her (or so it seemed).

With Ahsoka out of the picture, the top Imperial commanders have ignored Kanan and Ezra. It's as if, to them, these two aren't even Jedi. Vader clearly doesn't consider them a priority for him and neither does Palpatine. A Jedi Knight and his Padawan are allowed to run around the Galaxy, fighting the Empire and no serious opposition is being sent against them. That doesn't really add up, to me.

Out of universe, this makes perfect sense. Rebels doesn't want it's two main characters to die, so Vader has not been brought back. But in-universe, Vader's complete ignorance of two Jedi seems out of place.

10. Shadowcatcher

Oct 30, 2017
    A most excellent reply! That pretty much matches, more eloquently, my understanding of the events as well.

Regarding Vader's dismissal of the two since they're not "real Jedi", I would normally agree that it doesn't make sense -- but after a comic that featured both Anakin and Obi-Wan -- which culminated in a lesson for Anakin that as "Anakin Skywalker, Jedi Knight" he would have a lot more clout to influence the galaxy than "Anakin Skywalker, wandering hobo" -- a point that Obi Wan driven home when he used his Jedi Authority to bring in Old Republic forces to address a "faked" diplomatic situation to save a bunch of natives on a planet that a galactic corporation wanted to strip mine (or something akin to that, it's been almost a year since I read the comic.) I suspect Vader remembers that particular lesson, perhaps a flawed notion now that the Jedi are extinct and have no power anymore, but one that probably saved Kanan and Ezra's Puffer Pig bacon.

11. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

The issue I'd take with this is that the concern of "Jedi Authority" is more Palpatine's concern. Vader doesn't care what Jedi survivors call themselves or even what they really do. He hates each and every one of them and if they cross his path, he'll destroy them. But on the note of Palpatine, in a recent comic he mentions that hunting down any and all survivors of the Jedi Purge is Vader's highest priority. That's why he created the Inquisitorious program.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Emperor himself declares that the surviving Jedi are the greatest threat to his Empire. That they must be destroyed to the last survivor. And yet, a Jedi Knight and his Padawan can run around with the Rebellion for a year without so much as a hint of pursuit by the Sith.

kalzeth likes this.
  12. Shadowcatcher

Oct 30, 2017

I know -- it makes me wonder if the scene in Rogue One with Vader coming out of the bacta tank, was an indicator that Vader was still recovering from his battle with Ahsoka. Having his mask compromised like that -- and mind you he wasn't striding out of the ruins of the Sith Temple like a boss, might have put him on Sith Medical leave for a time.

Convenient enough for the Rebels to have a couple of seasons without Vader coming after them.

13. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

We see Vader in a scene on Coruscant, about six months after the battle with Ahsoka and he seems perfectly fine. Nothing out of the ordinary. Given that it's Thrawn whose noticing him, there's no way he's concealing some recent injury.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    To be fair, its not like Kanan and Ezra have been staying in one place. Season one and season two established that they're very aware that they can be tracked down by dark side agents. We don't know how long they spent on Atollon between episodes, and they only recently arrived on Yavin to be sent out on various missions off planet.

15. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Actually that's a good point. The Empire have never had a pinpoint location of The Rebellion for long, therefore they can't even find The Jedi.

16. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    The Inquisitors were able to track them across the Galaxy based on directions from Palpatine. Since Sidious is still around, Vader should have no trouble finding Kanan or Ezra. The only explanation for his continued absence is that he doesn't want to. Which raises its own questions.

kalzeth likes this.
  17. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015

I think the target isn't so much the reputation of the Jedi, as the knowledge. Kanan and Ezra are not going to restart a Jedi Order, even a small low-key one. They don't have the training... Kanan's knighting was an acknowledgement of his spiritual growth by Yoda, rather than him defining his responsibilities to the Galaxy as a Jedi knight. They are also deeply embroiled in the Rebellion on Lothal, a struggle the Empire is already keeping tabs on, and aren't wont to go do something Jedi-related because they are busy with what is going on right in front of them.

That said, they are a semi-major annoyance to Imperials in the area. Hence the "that boy, again" eye roll of Brom Titus and the bickering of Pryce and Thrawn. But, if any of those characters wanted to call upon Vader for help, it would require the embarrassment of saying they were struggling. In the competitive hierarchy of the Empire, at least how it is shown in Rebels, it actually seems to be more practiced to fail alone than to ask for help.

18. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Just a little question: Why are they rushing the season by havng aired two episodes instead of one for several weeks? The season is already short as it is so I don't see any real point in trying to end the show as quickly as possible other than trying to get rid of it.

Vialco likes this.
  19. Rennzwerg

Rennzwerg Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 26, 2017
    My guess is they wanted the first half well over before the hype around The Last Jedi completely overshadows it. Then they can pick up again ij the new year.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

20. EzraSnoke

EzraSnoke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2017
    Rebels started off great. Seasons 1 and 2. Because the story and characters had meaning, substance. With the OT and PT characters involved in much of the story. It felt like you were watching Canon being made.
    But at some point Disney decided to kill off the potential. Where Ezra was looming as Snoke, or at least sharing the Anakin story, falling to the dark side. Etc.
    And much of season 3 and currently season 4 is all tripe. All boring pointless filler. Stories with no consequence. The characters all now being ushered off into meaninglessness.

Vialco likes this.
  21. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    Ezra being Snoke would be the most boring thing ever. Again a boy who went to the dark side. Even with a loving family and a good mentor and father figure. Meh

I love that he stayed on the light. He annoys me to no end but I really like how they portray this character.

Hopeless and MandoArtist like this.
  22. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I still think that Rebels is great and it still feels like a piece of canon in the making. Season 1 was good but I think it got a lot better with season 2 and 3 (it's a bit too early to judge 4, but I I feel that it goes on pretty well so far). It has a great Star Wars feel and I just don't see all the pointless filler and non-consequential meaninglessness.

23. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Ezra being Snoke would be horrible. Absolutely horrible. Completely OOC for him.

And yes, I liked season 1 too.

24. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Season 4 is the best so far, followed by 1-3-2 (though the bookends of two were the best of the series)

revan772 likes this.
  25. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    The whole plot arc centers around this stupid TIE Defender factory, which produced paper tiger ships, that were destroyed seconds apart, a few episodes ago.

Whoops, maybe you shouldn't simultaneously show that and create dramatic arcs around this 'threat'.

kalzeth, Vialco and podjazd like this.