main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Neverx, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    What even? Vader is literally Tasked by the emperor to hunt down the surviving jedi members of order 66. We dont need any more reason for Vader to be there, everyone KNOWS who Vader is, we know his backstory and history, its the same reason he can show up in RO, because he is doing what WE KNOW he does. Thrawn is just a more boring, child friendly version of his EU character, without the skill or fear that the real Thrawn had. I wasnt even a huge fan of the character, and yet somehow I am let down by the Rebels version...

Edit: Also RexTano the new villain is Ruhk, Thrawns bodyguard...

kalzeth likes this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    At the beginning of Season Three, Tarkin explains why Vader has left the Outer Rim. His task was to disrupt the Jedi cell and that's what he did. Kanan and Ezra are no longer seen as a threat, without the aid of Ahsoka (who was the last remaining powerful Jedi) at this stage of the timeline.

3. RexTano

RexTano Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2017
    I think that Filoni alluded to another (there is another!) villain, far more sinister. I never read the original Thrawn trilogy or any Legends work so I'm not familiar with Ruhk, but his recent appearance on Rebels didn't really impress me much--although, weirdly, he did remind me of dreams I used to have where I was unable to walk or run and had to use my hands to get going (perhaps this is a common dream that inspired Zahn to make him a biped/quadraped?). All characters and storylines in SW are basically mythical and exaggerated versions of real-world people and events we're all familiar with, of course. OT, though.

4. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    when did he say this?

5. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    He mentioned it in an interview not too long ago.

"There may some other villains more arch than him (Thrawn), hiding somewhere … we’ll have to wait and see.”

Plus, within this season they've suggested that there's something worse going on at Lothal than the TIE Defender factory, and Mon Mothma mentioned a couple episodes back that for some reason the Empire is pulling back from the planet, Jedha style. So there's some indication that there's another character coming into the mix.

6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    my bets are on Tarkin or the Emperor himself. Maybe Vader and the Emperor investigated the planet after the Inquisitors found the Jedi Temple, noticed something weird with the force (Loth Wolves?) and the Emperor decided he wanted one of his "observatories" there.
    Fans/press at an event reported that Filoni said the Emperor wouldn't be in Season 4, but who knows if they misinterpreted him or if he flat out lied? It can be very easy to interpret what Filoni says different ways, and he almost never gives a straight yes/no.

Vialco likes this.
  7. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    addendum to the last post, sorry for the double post.

The Emperor's interest would have had to have been before Season 2 because Governor Tua hinted at it before her death. This still means Palpatine himself is interested in the planet, and might make a cameo or better this season to defend his interest. Interesting musical tidbit: rather than the Inquisitor theme or Vader's theme, a variation on the Emperor's theme plays when Vader arrives to inspect the Lothal Temple. To my knowledge, this is the only time his theme is used for the entire series other than when his unseen hologram form communicates with Vader.

8. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Very good catch. I've watched that scene many times but I've never picked up on that. I agree with your supposition that the "archvillain lurking in the shadows" is likely the Emperor himself. It would make sense to have the final villain in the series be him. Either way, we likely won't see this archvillain until the very end of the series. I foresee a 44 minute series finale in the vein of Twilight of the Apprentice.

9. RexTano

RexTano Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2017
    Neither Vader nor the Emperor were "hiding", in the sense of being where no one knew where they were. They basically kept to themselves, being the two most evil and creepy people in the galaxy, which is different. I'm guessing that it's someone else who has been hiding, and perhaps not even known. Darkness rises...

10. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Quite a disappointing first half of the season IMO. Expected a lot more given we're on the home straight & events are leading towards R1 & the OT. Here's hoping for a far stronger & more exciting S4.2

Canyon D, JH24 and kalzeth like this.
  11. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    Didnt Filoni say that Emperor does not appear in season?

12. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Ben Hart of Star Wars Underworld reported via tweet that Filoni said it at the Canada Fan Expo. We don't have confirmation from any other source.

13. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I think you may mean S4.5.

14. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    An important distinction. Thanks

TheAvengerButton likes this.
  15. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Blackhole!?

:p

16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    In the Rogue One novel, the Imperials (even those pretty high up) are unaware Sidious has Force powers. They only assume it is Vader.

Vialco likes this.
  17. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    There is one Imperial who knows about Palpatine's Force Powers.

Mas Amedda

He even knows Palpatine's true identity of Darth Sidious. But as the Grand Vizier he's literally untouchable. The only being who can dare harm him is Vader. Amedda speaks for the Emperor and deals with any matters Sidious deems beneath him, with the Emperor's authority.

Sidious kept his Dark Side nature very well hidden. It was always his plan to have Vader be the public face of the Sith while Palpatine kept his Sith identity hidden from all save a trusted few.

JH24 and TetsuAero like this.
  18. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    He’s a guy who looks like death while wearing a creepy black cloke who talks about the power of the dark side, yet they are unaware !!!!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Yes. And then there's Tarkin, who highly suspects that Palpatine is a Sith-Lord and that Darth Vader was Anakin Skywalker (although he's not 100% sure).

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

JH24 likes this.
  20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I always enjoyed little snippets, of people from the Clone Wars thinking about the identity of Vader. Something I hope continues to get explored in the canon.

Something Rebels didn't answer - does Ezra know Darth Vader is Anakin Skywalker? He was there between the dialogue between Vader and Ahsoka.

JH24, Vialco and ConservativeJedi321 like this.
  21. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    he might as well, he knows where Obi Wan Kenobi is hiding so he might as well know another big galactic secret.

kalzeth likes this.
  22. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004

Interesting, because either in the Battlefront 2 single player campaign or From a Certain Point of View, there is surprise expressed by Imperials at Palpatine having been a Force user (sorry, I am playing the one and reading the other right now, and can't remember which one I saw that in) They all know that Vader is a Force user, and some mock his devotion to that in the new material.

MandaloreRex2015, JH24 and Vialco like this.
  23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I think it was always obvious the imperials mocked Vader's devotion to the Force. See ANH:

[​IMG]

MandaloreRex2015, TadoFett and JH24 like this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean it is run by Dave Filoni.

kalzeth likes this.
  25. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

He looks like death cause the Jedi tried to kill him, he wears simple black cloaks to hide his scars and at the same time not to look ostentatious, and he never talks about the power of the dark side outside of a very small circle of trusted confidants.

Not to mention, in Imperial propaganda, they still use his image from before ROTS, and most people in the galaxy have no idea what Sith is anyways. Plus its not like its illegal. There is religious freedom in the GFFA after all.

Revanfan1, TadoFett, revan772 and 2 others like this.