main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Neverx, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Ezra does not not know who Darth Vader is beneath his black armour and helmet.

"I thought I knew who you were, behind that mask. But it's impossible. My Master could never be as vile as you."

"Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him."

"Then I will avenge his death."

That's all the dialogue Ezra hears. He has no way to know that Vader is speaking metaphorically about his former self. To any person who doesn't know Anakin very well, it sounds like Vader killed Anakin.

Even Ahsoka seems to believe it at first, because she tries to kill Vader. It's only after she slashes open his mask and hears his normal voice cry out that she realizes that it really is Vader beneath that mask.

Note that Ezra is too far to hear Ahsoka and Vader's last words before the temple doors slam shut.

I used to wonder if Kanan knew Vader survived the explosion. The Rebels all believe Ahsoka to be dead, and Kanan tells Ezra "it's over" as they escape the imploding temple.

But later, he and Ezra discuss the matter again.

"Why would Master Yoda send us to Malachor?"

"We asked for a chance to defeat the Sith and we failed."

So from that, Kanan seems to know that Darth Vader still lives. Which begs the question.

Where is Vader and why hasn't he done anything about the two Jedi that escaped his grasp on Malachor with a Sith Holocron in tow?

MrDarth0 and cwustudent like this.
  2. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I think the bigger question is why he wasn't concerned about a former Sith Lord who cut up his pet Inquistors and was clearly still active in the galaxy.

Shadowcatcher and kalzeth like this.
  3. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I suppose after believing Vader had killed Ahsoka, Palpatine believed Thrawn could handle the much less potent Kanan and Ezra.

4. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    I'm actually very happy the Lothal attack ended in failure (so far). It sure would make Rogue One and ANH's crawl a head scratcher otherwise. Now it actually strengthens the events of R1.

Mystic animals. Not into that.

R1 did a great job of illustrating the Empire between RotS and ANH. Rebels just feels like filler for the most part. And it quite often falls back on the "oh, I remember them" crutch (Maul, Thrawn, OB1, Rukh, etc). Vader and Moff are fine. In fact, I wish they had more of them. Rukh has essentially become a dog playing fetch. Maybe the writers confused him with a Vornskr. Don't be surprised when Mara Jade shows up, but reminds you more of Winter.

5. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

That is perhaps the best explanation I've heard as to Vader's continued absence and disinterest in hunting Kanan and Ezra.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  6. Tassy

Tassy Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2017
    I keep wondering, if this was just a promo picture or an actual shot from furure episodes?..

[​IMG]

TadoFett likes this.
  7. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004

It could be a concept shot or outtake from the premiere episodes, where they disintegrated Mandalorians with that super weapon.

8. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Or Vader is just out doing other things. Kanan and Ezra may not be his #1 priority anymore. I know that sometimes at jobs, they pull the most qualified person from doing a task and having lesser do it so the more qualified person can focus on a bigger picture to help the company improve more. I think it is the same situation for Vader hunting down Kanan and Ezra.

MandaloreRex2015 and Vialco like this.
  9. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Promo shot for the premier.

TadoFett likes this.
  10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    All that Ezra heard was that Vader destroyed Anakin Skywalker, he was too far away to hear Ahsoka saying Vader's real name.

Vialco and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

It is explained at the start of season three by Tarkin why Vader is no longer around.

12. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    "Lord Vader has dealt with the insurgeny's Jedi leadership."

Except that he hasn't. Two of the three Jedi are still around, fighting the Empire at every turn.

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

They're referring to Ahsoka.

Kanan and Ezra are not seen as a threat to the Sith. That's my interpretation of it. But, yes, we have an explicit explanation on screen.

14. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

A Jedi Knight and his Padawan not being seen as a threat by the Sith seems to be at odds with what Sidious said in the recent Vader comic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I am not arguing :) just pointing out what has been said in Rebels on the matter :)

Luckily, unlike TCW, Rebels has learned not to leave things up in the air.

MandoArtist and cwustudent like this.
  16. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    And Ahsoka was not even known about when he was sent to Lothal

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree with this. With how little Jedi were known Sith would be known by even fewer. Probobly only Jedi and Historians really.

MandaloreRex2015 and Vialco like this.
  18. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Given they lost 3 inquisitors and seemingly only killed 1 of the Jedi because Vader turned up?
    Maybe he and the Emperor were more interested in that temple they found?

19. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  20. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    Ugh after that even I stopped believing that Kanan survives this season :/

But some very cool bits about wolves.

21. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Im afraid to listen because Freddy tends to give a lot away.

22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, I am going to avoid that. Our BFF has a habit of being like "hey, would you like to read the script?"

Shall remain spoiler free

*proudly thumps chest*

23. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Very interesting indeed.
    He said to really look/listen to what Ezra and Kanan are saying and what the wolf is trying to show.
    He talked about "a child being taken away" who is not Ezra and that we'll the identity of the child and he predicts there will be philosophical debates (I wonder if that is not the one I have mistaken for some kind of messiah figure in the cave paintings [face_thinking]). I'm really starting to believe the theory that Kanan was born on Lothal. Interesting about the difference between Ezra's connection to the wolf and (i.e. guidance) and Kanan's connection to it. Things will get even weirder (yay!). The final will be about what Ezra's struggle is, and his make or break moment (i.e. fear of loosing his family). He also reminds that this is Ezra's show, there would be a focus on Kanan and Hera but at the end of the day, this will be about Ezra.
    Any guess on the identity of the child?

TetsuAero likes this.
  24. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    Ahsoka :p Well they promised something about her and it looks quite Filoni-d

25. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Ah the logical conclusion would then be that Kanan was born on Lothal.