main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Neverx, Mar 25, 2017.

1. What Are The Odds

What Are The Odds Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2016
    EA video game gibberish!

MandoArtist likes this.
  2. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    What came first - the book or the game? I know EA talked about creating Inferno, but I'm pretty sure the book was announced first. Just like with the first book that had the Battlefront branding on it.

3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    the game 100% came first. The book is a companion piece which expands upon the characters in the game by giving their backstories. I think the campaign story and book were actually announced at the same time at Celebration.

kalzeth likes this.
  4. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    I'm pretty sure I remember the book being announced before Battlefront II, but no doubt the story group planned for both at the same time.

5. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

Nah, the game was announced first. And we knew they're working on a sequel from the moment the first Battlefront was released even if they didn't confirm it for a while.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I know people love to **** on that game, but the Story mode is actually good. IMHO.

7. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    More or less--they weren't necessarily exclusively Krennic's--though it's odd that the ones are Lothal can apparently be deployed around podunk bars than the actual military production facilities as one would expect...

Vialco likes this.
  8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So far this season we've seen: Mandalore, Yavin, Imperial Outpost, & Lothal

How many more episodes will the Ghost crew be on Lothal?
    What episode will we see Ahsoka?
    What episode will we see the Ghost entering and then leaving the battle of Scarif?
    How many episodes after the above episode will we see the fates of the crew?

With 8? episodes left, is there enough time? I know Dave said no filler but the involvement of Rukh and the Wolves feel like more of a distraction than an addition to our crew's story.

Side note questions:
    Will we see AP-5 before the show ends?
    How much more Kallus will we get if any?

9. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I think the rest of the season will be on Lothal but it's reasonable to assume Rex and Kallus will attempt to go rescue the stranded crew in the Ghost. Whether or not everyone makes it out is up in the air. Ezra said he wanted to stay on Lothal, I think that was pretty definitive. I'm pretty sure Filoni said we won't see the Battle of Scariff in Rebels, or at least it wouldn't be the finale. It seems like the Loth Wolf plot line is the only possible thread to Ahsoka remaining in Rebels, though I'm hoping they don't go there with the Wolves and instead a unique story will be given to them.

revan772 and TiniTinyTony like this.
  10. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

At this point, I'm expecting most of the remaining episodes will take place on Lothal with maybe few scenes on Yavin IV.

If Ahsoka shows up at all, it will probably be only for one, max two episodes. Probably in the show finale.

I don't think we will see the Battle of Scarif at all.

As for AP-5 and Kallus, I wouldn't be surprised if we won't see AP-5 again at all, while Kallus was basically delegated into a background character role.

11. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    This is the last season, with only 7 episodes left. I know there's love for the side characters but this is The Spectres story. The focus should primarily be on them.

12. Danifae

Danifae Jedi Master star 1

Aug 23, 2004
    Eh? :p

Even when a side character had a major vital subplot over the show's course, has ascended in terms of importance and now has a painful but slightly altered dynamic with the Spectres? So much content to explore. I don't care much for Kalluzeb but the shippers have a point in that Zeb and Kallus haven't really spoken? I get what people are saying but it just seems like half-baked writing to completely drop any kind of further development / insight into a character.

Vialco likes this.
  13. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I think we're definitely staying on Lothal until the end now. That said, they have to bring Kallus and Rex in more before the finale, it would be a waste not to.

No idea how Ahsoka will factor in to all this but I hope they give her a definitive end. I love the character but it definitely feels like it's time to close that chapter. Really they should probably have done it in season 2, the battle with Vader felt like it would have been the best end they could have given her (happy to be proven wrong though).

cwustudent and kalzeth like this.
  14. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Yeah, I think we're going to stay on Lothal until the end. There's just so many mysteries they introduced in the first half with the wolves and its strange connection to Kanan in particular to just drop it now.

15. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I still want Ahsoka to
    end up on Mortis, maybe the owls led her there through the Sith Temple, and the wolves can lead Ezra there to meet her.

16. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I think they will address what happened to Ahsoka either near the end or during the season finale but that would detract from Ezra unless whatever happened to her is linked to Ezra and Kanan's fates somehow.

17. revan772

Aug 5, 2014
    Well, all paths are coming together.

18. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    What does that mean?

19. revan772

Aug 5, 2014
    To quote Kanan (again), "I don't know", but I would presume all the story arcs that need to be wrapped up are going to be wrapped up, and all be intertwined.

20. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    There is a Kevin Kiner interview.
    https://thegameofnerds.com/2017/12/06/star-wars-rebels-an-interview-with-composer-kevin-kiner/
    The most interesting answer:

Have you finished scoring the current (last) season of Rebels?
    I haven’t actually! I’m about to start writing the last two episodes which is actually a movie of the week. They’ll be put together as one, the last two episodes. It’s funny actually the last two minutes are missing from the very end, the copy I have so I still don’t know how it ends! Dave has to show me some time because I gotta write music for it so it’s driving me crazy.

Even Kiner doesn't know what happens in the last 2 minutes. How mysterious. Also a confirmation that the season finale is a two-parter.

21. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    sounds like it ill be another finale to remember... hopefully without sabercopters this time. I'm surprised Kiner hasn't had the entire show scored for awhile now.

22. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Hey, don't hate on the sabercopters. Those things are the Inquisitor's ingenious imperial invention. Jedi wish they could fly around like that.

revan772 likes this.
  23. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Sabercopters are love. Sabercopters are live.

24. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    they were silly but I don't hate them. I had a good laugh when it happened the first time though.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  25. Shadowcatcher

Shadowcatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2017
    I was amused, there's a Deathklok song hiding in there somewhere.

In a way, the inquisitors' dependency on spinny lightsabers and such gimmicks makes me think about Kanan's warning to Sabine during Trial of the Darksaber. They didn't save the Inquisitors in the end.