main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Predictions or Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Hopeless, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    With Season 3 finished and indications they might reveal bits from Season 4 in a month or so i thought it might be worth discussing what we might see?

For me

1) Hera is the one sidelined this time as it focuses on a new ship dealing with Sabine and Mandalor?
    2) This is why we only see the Ghost, Hera & Chopper in Rogue One the plot shifts from them to the others establishing a new rebel cell and quite possibly a nemesis for Kallus?
    3) Kanan learns another Jedi survived except they turned dark and eventually he has to save what he can as this Fallen Jedi draws Darth Vader's attention making things much more dangerous!
    4) Ezra begins to develop as a teacher himself but discovers the same difficulties Kanan had teaching him even as an Inquisitor starts obsessing on him perhaps make it Barris so she's a genuine threat especially when she learns he met Ahsoka?

What do you hope for?

2. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    My two biggest hopes for next season are:
    --seeing how Kallus adjust to being a full member of the Rebellion and how he adjusts. Will he be part of the crew now? Or will he fill a more secondary role like Sato did? (although hopefully with more screen time)

--more screentime and development for Hera, Zeb, and Sabine. We only know the basic outline of Zeb and Sabine's personal history, but we still don't know who Sabine ended up with the Ghost. And despite all the interactions with her father, we haven't gotten any indication as to how Hera got involved with the Rebellion before she met Kanan.

3. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i wanna see Wedge get injured cause in Aftermath wedge said he crashed an a-wing at the edge of a volcano and was on a freighter for some time.

4. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    - introduction of X-Wings
    - some Force lore on Dantooine or Yavin
    - return of Inquisitors
    - conflict with Saw Gerrera (his rise in extremism could be a response to the aftermath of Attolon battle
    - Vader cameo
    - Ahsoka's fate finally revealed
    - Kallus and his interaction with other Rebels
    - some hit and run operations
    - civil war on Mandalore

5. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    -More Kanan and Hera dynamic (the lack of it in this season was very disappointing)
    -More about Yavin - the moon not only the base
    -Some familiar r1 related faces
    -Kallus the Rebel

cwustudent likes this.
  6. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Yavin 4 force related stuff (maybe Exar Kun if they continue throwing bones to EU crowd)
    Unknown Regions and The Last Jedi tie ins
    Yoda cameo
    Bounty hunters
    Thrawn vs the Lasat (I don't know why I just have a gut feeling this will happen)

And they're gonna need some sort of huge blowout at Celebration in the vein of the Thrawn reveal. Funny how we know literally nothing about what to expect in the future with the season finale besides Thrawn still being alive. Possibly the only thing that can top Thrawn is Mara Jade, which they may have teased with Gar Saxon being an Emperors Hand. She's too popular to let slip through the cracks and I'm wondering if she will at least be mentioned as a love interest in The Last Jedi with a proper intro on this show.

cwustudent likes this.
  7. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    - Resolution of Ahsoka's story (this has to happen)
    - Kallus adjusting to being a Rebel full time. Perhaps he can join the Rebel Intelligence and find out they are as brutal as the ISB :p
    - Exploration of Yavin IV and explanation why no Dantooine
    - More Inquisitors (really hope one of the is Barriss)
    - Civil War on Mandalore
    - More focus on Rex. He really just became a background character
    - X-Wings!
    - Return of Saw and his fallout with the Rebel Alliance proper
    - And of course return of Thrawn, thou I'm worried he's not going to make it this time if he returns

8. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    -Season 4 to be the final season
    -resolution for what needs to be resolved (Mandalore, Kallus' adjustment, fate of the Ghost crew)
    -Thrawn to survive so we can hopefully see him in a movie
    -Rex to survive

9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    -introduction of the Rogue One characters (Raddus, Draven, maybe Cassian)
    -Further armament of the Rebellion (U Wings, X wings)
    -more Bendu, because you can't endu the Bendu.

TheMechanical0ne likes this.
  10. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I hope we finally get to see some Bounty Hunters - Cad Bane especially since he feels like the only major TCW fan favourite who hasn't been put on Rebels.

I don't think much more can be done with the plain Rebels vs Empire stuff, but adding bounty hunters, the criminal underworld and crime families into the mix would make it refreshing.

Other things that would be ace to see
    The Republic Senate. that is something we are still yet to see appear on screen during the OT era
    A cell of surviving CIS villains (Whorm Loathsom. Nuvo Vindi, Mar Tuuk etc) it would be really awesome to see the Ghost crew have to work with Separatist scum. Hera and Mar Tuuk interacting would be interesting since he blockaded her planet during the war.
    Some familiar clones such as Cody and Bly as dark Troopers
    Inquisitors that actually get some development/focus

TheMechanical0ne likes this.
  11. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    what are the odds that Season 4 will be rogue one dark?

12. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

Very little IMO.

We will have some darker episodes, like we had in the previous seasons, but I think there will also always be lighthearted episodes with more comedic relief and some "experimental" stuff like droids singing in space.

13. CloneWarsFan01

CloneWarsFan01 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2015
    Here are my predictions and thoughts for what I hope to see in Season 4:

1) More Clone Wars characters like Bo-Katan and Cad Bane - Confirmed
    2) X-Wings - Confirmed
    3) More tie-ins and build up to Rogue One - confirmed
    4) Answers about the fate of Ahsoka - might happen
    5) Really showing how Ezra has changed following his encounter with Obi-Wan - Confirmed by Filoni in an io9 interview
    6) A visit to Mandalore and an episode with the Mandalorian Civil War- pretty much confirmed
    7) Seeing the Emperor for the first time in Rebels even if it's just a hologram
    8) The Battle of Scariff in Rogue One seen from the perspective of whoever is on the Ghost since Filoni said he might show that, especially if Season 4 is the final season for Rebels
    9) Rogue One characters like Cassian Andor, K-2SO, Chirrut and Baze showing up but in separate episodes to avoid continuity issues
    10) A definitive answer as to whether or not Season 4 is the end for Rebels, which we might find out at Celebration Orlando

Added bonus: A personal hope of seeing Cost return for one final showdown with Rex only to lead him into a trap to be killed by his own former friend and general, Darth Vader.

14. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Since the Ghost crew are regrouping at Yavin, I expect to see X-Wings next season.

Also, hoping to see the following resolutions in the next season:
    -Thrawn's retribution
    -Bounty hunters and Mandalorians
    -More Rogue One characters
    -The final fate of Ahsoka
    -Kallus meeting a fittingly heroic fate

15. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    1. Bor Gullet

16. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    There are some great ideas in this thread! I´m particularly fond of seeing the return of the Inquisitors (without Maul and possibly Bendu I think they are the key to continue pushing Kanan and Ezra´s development as Jedi forward), and perhaps if Ahsoka is ever going to get closure, this would be the right moment to do so. Vader coming back would be amazing too, as would be getting inside his castle. I would really like to avoid putting all Force related storylines aside, even if I also find interesting bringing bounty hunters and underworld lords into the mix...

Darth Marcia likes this.
  17. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm not sure if Thrawn is coming back- he destroyed one rebel base- maybe he is needed elsewhere now. He was season-villain so i would like to see new one for season 4. Maybe Thrawn could appear later but I don't want to see him defeated after this- there is entire galaxy Empire needs to control- it would make sense if Emperor would need his best officer elsewhere and not let Pryce to use Thrawn all the time- she asked Tarkin to assign him to her but not permanently I think.

Bounty hunters is bound to happen at some point but I'm not that thrilled about them really. Mandalorian war seems to be coming. And weren't there rumours about Bo-Katan coming back?

More Rogue One characters that's for sure- Draven would be good at least, maybe more Saw or rebel senators like Jebel.

Not sure if Ahsoka needs to come back in this show- she could get her own series or something- but maybe.

I honestly would like to see Kallus outliving Kanan, Rex and maybe even Zeb- he had the best character development really- many ways he would be fitting to continue legacy of those other rebels in Alliance.

We actually had him as hologram already even though we didn't really see him (but we see him in propaganda-art in the Empire day) I think it is good not to see him too much- he doesn't contact directly to likes of Pryce- Tarkin is there between as Grand Moff of the Outer Rim.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  18. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Without Maul and Bendu they're kind of lacking in terms of big force opposition, but they're on Yavin now and the Massassi are canon....maybe some form of Exar Kun could be utilised?

19. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    @SyndicThrass

The Inquisitors are coming back to oppose them, so I get the feeling that major stuff will happen with that arc.

Yavin will be really interesting...Maybe we will get some scope on the Ordu Aspectu, which was introduced in Aphra?

20. Kaitan ISB021

Kaitan ISB021 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    -Rebel Kallus.
    I hope they make good use of Rebel Kallus. Kallus was close to Vader in the short time the latter was in season 2; that could be interesting. I'm still puzzled by/interested in Kallus's stink-eye expression when Vader kicks him off the bridge to talk to the Emperor. I'd also VERY MUCH like to see a Kallus/Saw confrontation. After all, Saw's Lasat man on Onderon slaughtered Kallus's buddies. Both Kallus and Saw are very interesting characters who've got connections to some pretty dicey ends-justify-means actions; and we know for sure Saw is coming back.

-Saw Gerrera.
    I wonder if they'll take the opportunity to show us some of the Saw backstory that got cut from Rogue 1. I know that much of that was with early-years Jyn so won't line up with this timeline, though.

-Rex & Zeb.
    I want them to get more development and screen time. I think Rex will live; Filoni likes the idea of him being random old dude in RotJ. I'd like to see the camaraderie between Zeb & Kallus develop--and for Kallus to say "karabast" (I had money on that happening in Zero Hour). Speaking of, Pao from Rogue One says "karabast," so clearly the Ghost crew will meet some of these specific Rogue One characters on Yavin and maybe work with them.

-Bo-Katan.
    I want to love the Mando arc but after Trials of the Darksaber, it's left me a little cold. Bo-Katan might spice it up. Will the Ghost help out there eventually? What will be the relationship between the Mandalorians and the Alliance?

-Pryce.
    I actually finally found her interesting starting with Through Imperial Eyes. She's tough. But she's obviously motivated by spite (she never forgave Sabine; she rose to Kallus's baiting), so if she survives Thrawn's return to the ship, she will have it in for Kallus and perhaps Sabine in particular. And remember that she's governor of Lothal (even though for some reason she doesn't spend a lot of time there), and it is possible that the rebels will attempt to return. If she's not axed, she's a major antagonist now.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  21. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    X-Wings
    Saw Gerrera
    Cassian and K-2SO
    Ahsoka's Fate
    Distrust of Kallus by certain rebels
    Mandalorian Civil War
    More Thrawn!
    Dantooine Base

22. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Hoping for more ships. All the ships.

23. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Or maybe there could still be some Massassi somewhere on Yavin- that could be nice really. I hope they would keep legends characters and things pretty much same if they use them- like they did with Thrawn really.

Darth Dnej and SyndicThrass like this.
  24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The old newspaper comics had one - who later got retconned as having been altered by Exar Kun:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kalgrath

That story seems like something that could be brought in. The newcanon Darth Vader comics and the Classic newspaper comics both have "Executor under construction" arcs - maybe a newcanon version of the Night Beast arc could work?

25. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    - Cad Bane
    - Separatist holdouts
    - More Thrawn
    - New inquisitor. Jerec perhaps?
    - Ahsokas fate
    - Commander Cody
    - Massassi
    - Ancient history. The old sith , Rakata etc
    - Maybe something about Snoke
    - EU Jedi( K'Kruhk , Ikrit) Ikrit was in exile on Yavin IV so that could work
    - Death of Ezra and Kanan so that Luke becomes the last hope