main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Predictions or Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Hopeless, Mar 25, 2017.

1. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    One might die but I seriously doubt both of them will. I think they will create a loop hole for one of them to survive (probably Ezra) just like they did for Ahsoka in TCW.

2. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    Something like that . My bet is on Kanan dying and maybe Ezra goes underground or something. I hope they do something , because I dont like the idea of having two jedi around in the alliance during OT , when Luke is supposed to be the only hope against the Sith.

3. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    -Tarkin vs Thrawn
    -Sheev/Vader cameo
    -Return of Inquisitors
    - Death of Kanan

Django Fett likes this.
  4. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
    I hope Ahsoka is dead/will die.
    And will not become a super uber mega "goddess of light" or whatever it's called.
    -
    cat personally wants to see the Pykes♡
    But more likely it will not happen cuz they are "not popular and not cute".

cwustudent likes this.
  5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Pretty sure Ahsoka is connected to the force in some way since she fought Vader.

6. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
    yep! she was resurrected with a help of a lady from Mortis arc.
    I don't know how does it work in SW but I have read that since Ahsoka became connected with the "spirit of a light side", she can't completely die.

7. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Few of the things I definitely want Season 4 to resolve, otherwise I'll be grumpy:

1. Fate of Kanan/Ezra - there has to be a definitive end to their story. Whether they both die, one of them dies and the other goes to hiding, etc., they have to leave the Alliance. The Rebellion cannot have any other Jedi during the OT period. And no, Ezra saying he is no longer a Jedi, just a normal soldier, doesn't count. He still has the abilities and knowledge.

2. Fate of Ahsoka - again I want a definitive end to her story. Whether she dies, becomes one with the Force, transforms into the Sister, leaves for the Unknown Regions, etc., she has to abandon the Rebellion for the same reasons Ezra and Kanan, i.e. Luke.

3. Fate of Thrawn - if he dies, I hope its done in an "artistic" way. If he lives, I want his story to continue in other media, so we know whether he is still alive post-ROTJ or not.

4. Inquisitors - they promised us we will learn more about them before the show ends and I hold them to that promise. I'm not the kind of person that forgives broken promises. But in my opinion, they don't need to be destroyed in Rebels. I think they still have storytelling potential and they could be utilised in the OT era as Force adversaries for Luke in other media. For example, there could be a story set between ESB and ROTJ, where Luke finally destroys them. It would also help bridge the difference in power level Luke has in ROTJ compared to ESB.

5. Mandalore - I don't particularly care about the Mandalorians, but we did spend quite a lot of time with them and Sabine, so it would be nice if they would tie this storyline and perhaps have Sabine stay on Mandalore as the new Mandalore. Luckily, judging by the episode shown at Celebration, we will be getting this.

That's pretty much it. What I definitely don't want is the series wasting its very limited remaining time on pointless episodes with Hondo, Chopper, Iron Squadron and similar stuff.

8. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    This season needs to create finality. It's the final season, and the loose ends need to be tied up. The active force users need to be removed from the picture in a definitive way. I'm not a fan of the fates of important characters being left so ambiguous, especially when a series is known to be ending. Beyond from that, I would love to see a random cameo of Luke stuck working on the family's moisture farm, oblivious of the adventures he is about to become heavily involved in.

9. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, more than anything Ezra, Kanan and Ahsoka's stories all need to be wrapped up this season.

MrDarth0 and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  10. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I definitely think Kanan is going to die by the end of season 4. Ezra I'm 50/50 on. I suppose him dying is probably for the best, but I don't really care one way or the other.

Ahsoka is the one that I care the most about. So I am predicting that much like Old Ben, she is going to tell the Ghost Crew that the Force has a different mission for her that will require her to leave the Rebellion entirely. Whether that means her going off into the Unknown Regions or not, I have no clue. My gut instinct is that she is going to be one of the primary characters in the new Animated series and that her appearance in this season will be a lead in to it.

But then again I could be absolutely wrong.

11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is a backdoor pilot of sorts for the next show.

12. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I've seen shows do that (J.A.G and N.C.I.S for example) and it works quite well. So I would love to see something like that.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I could see that working

14. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Have them return to Malacor and retrieve Ahsoka's remains so they can give her a proper funeral (ala Qui-Gon & Vader were) maybe involve them having to race to pull this off whilst the Empire are busy foraging for any darkside secrets!

cwustudent likes this.
  15. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I would love to see Ikrit (I named my dog after that cute little Jedi) but I highly doubt we will ever see him again. :(

My predictions are Kanan dies, Ahsoka shows up and lives, her and Ezra go and do some stuff. Thrawn survives and goes into the unknown regions. Some closure on Gregor and Wolffe would be nice too. I bet Cody appears. I also see Sabine, Hera, Rex, and Chopper staying in the rebellion. (I know these are mostly other peoples theories and some have been confirmed but this is still where I see the show going.)

16. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

Thrawn is defeated, his reputation within the Empire is destroyed, worse still his reputation with Palpatine is dangerously low. We could see the steady links between Black Sun and the Empire strengthening, the gap between legitimate government and organised crime syndicate narrowing as Palpatine uses every dirty trick to rule the galaxy.

Kanan is killed by Vader in a duel that leaves Vader seriously hurt and needing to retire to his Bacta Tank in his castle on Mustafar. A heartbroken Ezra leaves for Unknown Regions with the Force Ghost of Ahsoka believing the battle may be lost and their message can be spread better to an audience not corrupted by Galactic Civil War. Hera joins Dodonna's group on Yavin but later becomes part of Raddus battlegroup. Saw Gerrera and his group take up their battle on Jedha as here begins to here rumours of the Empires Death Star.

That would leave open multiple possibilities for future series - Ezra in the Unknown Regions, Thrawn's resurgence after Palpatine and Vader perish on DSII.

MandaloreRex2015 and darthzac14 like this.
  17. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Something tells me a lot of fates will be left open.
    Anyhow, i predict that we will first have the mandalore arc
    and then the band will gear up on Yavin.
    Then they will have a final battle on Lothal with a cameo appearance by Thrawn.

18. Kabir Vaishnav Venugopal

Kabir Vaishnav Venugopal Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2017
    what I would personally love to see ;
    -Cody (i can dream)
    -Echo and the rest of Bad batch (again I can dream)
    -Ashoka's fate
    - a resolution to the theory of Ezra being Supreme Leader Snoke
    - The fate of the Darksaber
    - Vader/Palpatine Cameo
    - IF Cody is in the next season, I would love to see Rex go out of his way to get Cody back. (possibly getting Wolffe and Gregor to help him as well) he
    - The fate of the clones, I love the idea of Rex being present for the battle of Endor, however, it still just doesn't seem plausible. He'd be way too old and would likely have died of old age already. Instead, I think that Rex and the rest of the clones (hopefully and reclaimed Cody included) will go out heroicly, perhaps covering the ghost crew or the rebels as they escape, eventually leading to Rex having a heated and emotional fight with Vader.
    - another thing that would be great is to see the Anakin side of Vader shine through slightly, maybe after having fought both the clones (whether he kills them or not) and Ashoka again, he may feel great sorrow and misery for a short time. and in the end strengthening his connection to the dark side.
    - of course, the whole rogue one tie in will be epic
    -Agent Kallus having a major role would be perfect
    - Cad Bane and Boba Fett ( self-explanatory)
    - Jabba the Hutt (would be fun to see the rebels go to Jabba's palace looking for someone)
    - if Ashoka was still alive it would be great to see her meet Hondo and see her reaction to him
    - the younglings from the Gathering helping the rebellion
    - Lando Calrissian, A young Han Solo, and Chewbacca.
    - Meeting Bail Organa again and asking him to help the Rebellion
    - inquisitors
    - A new force to attempt to corrupt Ezra, to me a perfect choice would be Barris, if so her reaction with Ashoka would be something to see.
    thats it really, quite a long list if I do say so. I really do hope most of this is in there.

19. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I get the impression that Thrawn is something of a rival to Krennic. It seems like a lot of these military types might have their own independent pet projects overseen by Palpatine and Vader, but not shared with each other.

E.g. while Krennic is working on the Death Star, Thrawn's pet project seems to be the TIE Defender.

So I'm guessing that Thrawn is going to come close to destroying the Rebels but get defeated by Phoenix Squadron and that will end up being the destiny of Ezra and Kanan, to stop Thrawn, while it is Rogue One's/Luke's to topple the Death Star.

I don't think Thrawn will be killed off, because of his popularity and potential future stories. But his absence from the rest of the OT makes me think he'll go into self imposed exile after failing.

I hope that Palpatine and Boba Fett get to make appearances this season. I feel like Kanan will surely die, and I think Ezra will be taken to Palpatine and his fate will be left dubious as to if he turns or is killed.

Palpatine is one to gloat. He gets a thrill out of having Luke watching his fleet's destruction. He gets the upper hand over Yoda and rather pressing the advantage, he takes the time to boast that the Jedi are finished.

In Lords of the Sith, he has a Twi'lek brought before him just so he can rub it in that her people never had a chance, then has her killed.

I feel hope that Kanan and Ezra thwart Thrawn but are ultimately captured and taken before Palpatine, with Kanan being executed and the fate of Ezra being left up in the air.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

I just can't imagine Rebels to end on such a down note.

There will be some dark moments and maybe even some main characters deaths, but ultimately, the show will end with the message of hope IMO.

Ezra ending up as Palpatine's personal torture pet is super depressive.

Subtext Mining likes this.
  21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I feel he needs to turn or die. I don't think Kanan and Ezra and Ahsoka can all live and stay heroes. I think Kanan will die, and Dave has shown that he's willing to get dark.

Ezra, even if he is to die, I don't think they'd show it. And if he turns, I'm not sure they'd really show that either, if they have no immediate plan to follow up on that.

Given where the show takes place between ROTS and Rogue One, both ending with significantly depressive notes. Luke is the New Hope. Tarkin believes these Jedi are dead by ANH. I don't believe they're going to live.

But what Rogue One and ROTS show is that those depressive story beats can be balanced with beats of hope, like the twins being placed into hiding and Leia receiving the Death Star plans.

If the Jedi meet a depressing ending, that doesn't mean that Hera, Sabine, etc. won't end on a more hopeful note

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Didn't Taylor Gray say that Ezra will make some "great" decisions though? Them meeting the Emperor in person seem very unlikely at this point.

23. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    My predictions:

- The final battle on Lothal will end with the destruction of the TIE Defender factory and the dashing of Thrawn's project, leading to Krennic's meteoric but brief (thanks Tarkin!) rise to prominence in Rogue One.
    - Kallus will give his life for the Rebellion.
    - We'll meet Commander Cody, hopefully in a role similar to his Legends story where he's overseeing the training of stormtroopers - discontent with the standard of soldier but loyal to the Empire.
    - Governor Pryce won't see the end of the season.
    - Another guest appearance by Leia, Threepio and Artoo.
    - One more Inquisitor, but in a small role that's used to demonstrate their fall from prominence in the Empire. Perhaps as someone to be Worf'd by Ruhk?

Snafu55 and MrDarth0 like this.
  24. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    I hope hope we get to see
    -Rebel Fleet Troopers (from rogue one and ANH)(Personally I just want to see them more than anything else because I love them next to stormtroopers)
    -Blue, Red, and Gold Squadron
    -Captain Antilles (maybe)
    -a cameo of the Imperial Capital: Coruscant
    -Maybe Alderaan?
    -please please in the flesh one cameo of The Emperor (Sam Witwer did the voice once already in rebels!)
    -please just please once more cameo of Vader
    -Possibly small cameos of more moffs or some of the members of the imperial joint chiefs (who were in the death star round table) however unlikely
    -Krennic?

25. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    My prediction is there will be a few deaths, but there won't be that many. They will want to keep a decent amount of main characters and secondary characters alive so that they can show up in other places in the canon and keep the legacy of the show alive.

I'm really rooting for Kallus to make it through. He has grown into a great character and there are a lot of interesting stories you could tell with him. Also, having him die for the rebellion is almost too obvious. I just hope that if they do kill they nail the execution.