main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    So is Ezra gonna abandon the Jedi way and become a druid in a Miyazaki film?

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
  3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    So that is where Ghost went last season. :p

Indeed. All from the first half of the season at the latest.

Barriss_Coffee and DARTH_MU like this.
  4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...man, Kanan is a dead man. :(

5. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Shadow of War comes out before then. Once it arrives I'll probably forget all about Rebels.

6. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
  7. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Them why is he chasing Jedi stuff at all, those Jedi also failed to defeat the Sith and thus he has proven to be, in every respect, better then.

8. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I mean, yeah.

You'll be investing all your money on loot crates.

Maybe Kanan is super dead? I mean, Luke has motive to seek out any and all Jedi or potential Jedi. The only reason they wouldn't meet is if one is not able to.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  9. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I guess I'm taking the view Kanan can teach Luke SOME things but he can't teach Luke EVERYTHING, which is reviving the Jedi Order. Remember, by the end of The Empire Strikes Back, Luke is probably stronger than most Jedi Masters. Note: I say STRONGER not wiser or better. Anakin Skywalker was probably the most powerful Jedi outside of Mace Windu and Yoda (Obi-Wan is more skilled but Anakin is a powerhouse). Certainly, Kanan would be a HUGE help to Luke in his early training but he can't make Luke a Jedi Knight able to defeat Vader nor can he complete his training.

In Street Fighter terms, Kanan is Dan Hibiki and Luke is Ryu.

Dan is probably one of the strongest 100 fighters alive. The problem is Luke is training to defeat the 2nd and 1st.

After ROTJ, Luke needs scrolls and holocrons and history books to teach about how to be a MORAL person. Not how to swing a lightsaber.

Edit:

Mind you, I'm going to openly admit Kanan is almost 100% a dead Jedi walking. He's finally getting some development with Hera and their relationship, he's talking about retirement, and he's said he can't teach Ezra more. Basically, he's going to die and the ending of the season is going to be them burning his body Qui-Gon Style with Hera promoted to General.

I'm calling it now.

10. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014

Kanan spend years with the Jedi as opposed to Luke's days. No matter how powerful Luke is, when it comes instructing new Padawans Kanan would have plenty of insight to offer that Luke armed with a scroll or two do not. Luke avoiding involving Kanan, fully knowing who he is out of disrespect for his weakness when it comes to dealing with Sith Lords doesn't seem the best way to move forward with the new canon.

ConservativeJedi321 and kalzeth like this.
  11. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    It wouldn't be a good way to move forward with the canon.

Which is why we're all just discussing speculation. We don't know if Kanan will live or die, or if he'll end up meeting Luke before or after ANH. So it's pointless to try to anticipate and pan something that hasn't happened yet.

Charlemagne19 DurararaFTW

12. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Here's the panel.

with the Kallus and Rex clip at 18:52
    X-Wings at 24:48
    Full Kanan & Hera scene at 29:51

13. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Nah, I like level grinding. Don't like to win the easy way.

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

I know. It kills me. It seems very apparent that this season is setting up for Ezra to say, "I'm stepping away from the Alliance" or at the very least, "I'm done being a Jedi" (he said "what if we're going about it the wrong way?" in the trailer, in regards to fighting) which is a way for him to survive, whereas it also shows Kanan being very determined to continue the fight (but seemingly only for Hera). That will likely lead to Kanan confronting Vader and dying, whereas Ezra will be gone, but alive.

RIP Space Cowboy, too short was your life. :(

15. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    [​IMG]

Slater, Vthuil, Dante1120 and 4 others like this.
  16. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

But Ezra....the Jedi Way is your life! You can't throw it away like that!

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    To be fair. They're slamming their head against a wall, and they're not making a massive difference. Ditto, they can't stand up to Vader. In many ways they make be making it worse for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kalzeth and CooperTFN like this.
  18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    That's kind of a weird irony to have Ezra leave the Alliance literally right before it does start making a difference.

19. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I actually appreciated that the Gold pilots made that point when Zeb was bragging about Tarkin's Star Destroyer--good expression of the Mothma/Gerrera dichotomy throughout the ranks.

Iron_lord, Daneira and Sinrebirth like this.
  20. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
  21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    On Twitter apparently, according to the cite (11) for his name.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    Hm....

I wan to know if he goes by Sasha in good friends and with his significant other.

23. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Where did they do that? Sorry, must have missed that.

24. bdh1138

bdh1138 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 24, 2015
    It was in Secret Cargo, after they board the ghost during refueling. One of the Y-wing pilots points out that blowing up the star destroyer prompted tightened Imperial security in the outer rim as reprisal.

CooperTFN likes this.
  25. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    You know what?

What Tarkin should have done was to Fire the Death Star at the destroy Jedha level of power and destroy the Alderaanian Palace.

Tarkin: Fire when ready.

Destroys Palace.

Tarkin: There, you see Princess? Next shot the Entire planet will be destroyed!

Leia: They are on Yavin 4.

kalzeth likes this.