main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Well, the Rebellion was not based at the planet and Thrawn really couldn't have ENDED the Rebellion, there. However, it was a victory which decimated the Rebel Alliance's standing military.

2. Rennzwerg

Rennzwerg Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2017
    Dear, oh dear. I just posted one innocent comment, no cynicism or anything, and we end up in an argument about my narrative? ;-)

What about the two brave crewers who stayed with Sato? Great show of loyalty, and in fact Sato's and their sacrifice made the escape of their friends possible.

Be that as it may, it was Thrawn attacking them in Zero Hour, not the Rebels going off on an assault (as implied in the mini trailer), which is what I was referring to. :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

tatooinesandworm likes this.
  3. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Hey now, it was said in jest

A binary statement that no Rebels leaders died, when the commander of Phoenix Squadron’s death was the reason the Rebels were able to escape just doesn’t compute.

It seems like you are putting way more importance on the 6 mains surviving. Just because our window characters made it through the battle, doesn’t mean that the losses weren’t brutal. It was a pretty harsh drubbing of the Rebels.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

Daneira and Rennzwerg like this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    And Kissek Doran!

Oh...

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

5. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I remember the new retcon that the Fetts (Jango and Boba) aren't Mandalorians in the new canon. The Fetts struck me as the practical sort. They'd change their armor in the face of the 'Duchess' superweapon rather than keep using it for silly cultural reasons. No wonder they left the Mandalorians...

6. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

My headcanon about Jango Fett is that he was once a Mandalorian who rejected his heritage after Concord Dawn was ravaged and his family was killed (likely he was a Protector like Fenn Rau) by Death Watch and the New Mandalorian government didn't do anything to stop it or deal with Death Watch (like Almec, they likely turned a blind eye to these things happening beyond the Mandalore system). He then became a bounty hunter and the Sundari government rejected calling Fett a Mandalorian afterwards. Notice how quick Almec was to respond with his denials that were pretty unbelievable to begin with.

7. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Yeah, denying Jango was a Mandalorian was Blatant Lies from the beginning.

Jaster Vhett and Daneira like this.
  8. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Well, I mean, the reason it remains such an issue is that while the viewer (and Obi-Wan) has no real reason to believe Almec, official statements keep rather senselessly supporting his claim.

9. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Mind you, they're also denying the Death Watch exists too.

But yes, I presume they'll eventually tie Fett back in.

TheRedBlade, kalzeth and vncredleader like this.
  10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In Legends, I think a point was made of Boba Fett's Mandalorian friends teasing him for using durasteel armour instead of beskar. So, The Duchess would never be a problem for him in the first place.

Jedi Knight Fett and kalzeth like this.
  11. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  12. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Regarding the Loth-wolf from Rebels trailers, and the ice wolf from The Last Jedi trailers:

Rebels Loth-wolf
    [​IMG]

TLJ "ice wolf"
    [​IMG]

do you think there will be some sort of connection?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    I dont think so.
    Crystal foxes are common native creatures of Crait imho, while the Loth-wolves are more rare and have some special connection to the Force.

Revanfan1 and tatooinesandworm like this.
  14. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
  15. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    True - on googling, it does appear that it's intended to be crystal rather than ice.

16. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    TheRedBlade likes this.
  17. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    New broadcast schedule.

Star Wars‏@starwars
    NEW #StarWarsRebels episodes will premiere Mondays at 9pm ET/PT on @DisneyXD and 12:01am ET on DisneyNOW beginning 10/23!

Per Lucasfilm, the viewing schedule for the apps, video-on-demand, iTunes, etc remains unchanged.

TheRedBlade likes this.
  18. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    My head canon is that the Fetts are part of a non-clan affiliated subculture of Mandalorians on Concord Dawn; not second class citizens, but a culturally distinct people group politically under Mandalore's protection and with some parts of Mandalorian culture bleeding over into it. Jango is, as far as I know, still canonically from Concord Dawn itself, and we've seen at least one Concord Dawn native in Rako Hardeen who lacks any immediately identifiable Mandalorian characteristics aside from some martial skill, his own armor that sort of resembles some elements of Mandalorian Armor, and Obi-Wan choosing even more faux-Mandalorian gear when undercover as him.

So, I figure that Concord Dawn's natives have, at times, been absorbed into Mandalorian clans as members (which is an easy idea to get behind) but have also been treated as a junior partner in some conflicts, possibly even being levied as non-Mando auxiliary forces with similar armor (Obi-Wan, hailing experience with Mandalorian culture from his youth, would know this and choose such armor to maintain the cover.) When the Great Clan War erupted (combined with the old Legends Mandalorian Civil War here), Jango Fett: Open Seasons played out, with Concord Dawn being a strategically important base and agricultural planet between the original Death Watch and a splinter Protector organization, the True Mandalorians. Jango was adopted by Mereel, recieved a Mandalorian education, but refused to acknowledge Duchess Satine and the rest after he was done, and remained culturally Concord Dawnian.

TheRedBlade, MercenaryAce and kalzeth like this.
  19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    At the moment, the newcanon only confirms that Jango claims to be from Concord Dawn. Still, I like the idea of not invalidating his claims. Maybe Fenn Rau will even get confirmed as knowing Jango, in the future?

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    To be a Mandalorian was to be a New Mandalorian. They defined what was a Mandalorian. So, yes, Fett was not a Mandalorian to Almec. But neither was Vizsla or Montross or Skirata or Shysa or etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I view Jango and Boba Fett as Mandalorians because the Mandalorians are literally the people created from them.

It's like suddenly saying Greedo isn't a Rodian.

Or Ventress isn't a Rattaka...oh wait.

Slater, TheRedBlade, kalzeth and 5 others like this.
  22. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

That coward deserved exactly what he got. Deserting in the middle of combat like that. What an utter disgrace. I'll bet his wife changed their family's name out of shame or something.

Sinrebirth and godisawesome like this.
  23. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Great point about Ventress.

I can see why they might not want the Fetts to be Mandos; they've developed the Mandalorians along somewhat different and less "scum and villainy" lines than what the Fetts are in the movies, and they wouldn't be the first to think that the idea of Boba or Jango scavenging or stealing the armor is a cool idea. As long as the story for their acquisition is good, it kind of plays nicely: Jango/Boba may be a simple hired gun, but he's sneaky enough and deadly enough to slay an armored warrior and use that trophy as his personal gear.

The downside to that idea is the Mandalorians being created pretty much off of the Fetts, as you said, and that for old Legends fans, a Fett who hasn't earned his armor resembles Jodo Kast more than anything, and Twin Engines of Destruction highlighted how that's not a flattering comparison.

TheRedBlade and kalzeth like this.
  24. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    The weirdest part of the whole Rattataki/Dathomirian business is that the canon Rattataki are now the Siniteen.

25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Yeah, I'll give you that. Most of TCW's retcons didn't bother me, but that one was...uh, odd.