main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    [​IMG]

Master_Rebado likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I actually am looking, but I can't find it. Okay, maybe I was wrong.

3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Zap2it uploaded two new titles and descriptions which may or may not be wrong.
    [​IMG]

4. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    If Vader is going to make another appearance in the show Episode 12 sounds like a safe bet for it if that description turns out to be correct. I remember Filoni said a while back something about there being another enemy waiting in the wings or something.

5. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    These sound like the most likely episode titles, but also the more boring of those "revealed" so far.

6. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    The quote was that "There may be an enemy more arch than him (Thrawn) lurking around."

It's obvious who he's referring to though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    While it sounds boring; I'm sure this part of the season will be exciting. Perhaps inside the Jedi Temple on Lothal, their is a giant kyber crystal that the Empire wants to harvest for the Death Star

8. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I think if Vader is going to appear, they will use him sparingly just like they did in season 2 since they don't want to make him like the average imperials in the show who are are very good at dying this season.

9. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Vader will not return. But I know who will.

10. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Well, we have to know what happened after the explosion on Malachor, so we'll probably see him there even if it was just for a minute or two.

11. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    I can’t remember, Vialco - is it your uncle or your neighbor’s dad who works at Nintendo?

;)

But for real, though. You keep teasing that you have a theory. Why not share it with everyone?

12. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Pretty sure they already have, and the theory is that ol' Emperor Pap Pap comes in.

13. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Fine, you asked for it.

We know from various sources that the following things will happen in Rebels before it ends. I will note that my theory is taking those things at face value:

Let us review:

1. There is a villain more evil than Thrawn lurking about. They will no doubt make their appearance in the finale. Rebels has demonstrated a tendency for saving its darkest villains until the finales. See the Season Two Finale.

2. Ian McDiarmid was spotted at a Lucasfilm recording studio in the late summer. I don’t have a source for that on hand, but it was a news item back then.

3. Dave Filoni has gone on record saying that he wants to be very respectful of James Earl Jones’ time. This suggests we won’t be seeing Darth Vader reappear in Rebels.

4. Kanan’s voice actor recently mentioned that Ezra’s struggle with the Dark Side will resurface. There’s only one villain left alive that has shown a tendency to tempting young, powerful Force-wielders to the Dark Side.

5. Filoni once said that Rebels was a three-act series, similar to the OT. Season One was ANH. Season Two and Three were ESB and the first part of ROTJ. If it follows form, the young hero will come face to face with utter darkness and be tempted.

6. Of all the OT major villains, the only one we haven’t yet seen in Rebels is Emperor Palpatine himself. We’ve already seen Vader and Tarkin and Palpatine appearing isn’t much of a stretch.

I believe the final villain in Rebels is the Emperor himself. Palpatine will appear to tempt Ezra to the Dark Side and acquire a new, Force-Wielding servant.

14. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    What if the reason Thrawn is sent away/dies is because in the process of trying to "protect" the Emperor he walks in on Palps zapping Kanan and Ezra around.

We know how touchy Sheev is with witnesses.

15. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I doubt it. Mas Amedda and the Royal Guards are permitted to witness Darth Sidious use the Force and live.

16. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    Thanks, that’s a solid compilation of evidence supporting your theory.

:)

Sorry for the snark in the previous post - I was legitimately curious.

BobaMatt likes this.
  17. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I definitely agree with this. However, I want Ezra to be initially powerless when Palpatine steps in.

18. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    It's Ezra. When is he not powerless?

19. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    I love FPJ being reduced to "Kanan's Voice Actor" :D

Vialco likes this.
  20. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    So I'm far behind on Rebels and have forgotten about some of the news on the series the past two years or so. I've just finished Season 2 (Vader finale soooo goooood) and have watched the first episode of Season 3. I completely forgot Tom Baker was voicing in the show and I was beyond ecstatic to hear his voice for the Bendu!

21. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    If this air date is correct then there is no need to panic.
    [​IMG]

22. nancipants

nancipants Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 16, 2017
    If Palpatine appears on Rebels, this season will have redeemed itself for me.

Master_Rebado and Vialco like this.
  23. lakhota

lakhota Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    [​IMG]

There is a preview up now and there is some interesting cameos! I don’t know how to link from FB

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  24. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  25. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015