main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Should I make the Continuity Thread already?

2. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I'll echo the cautiously optimistic posts. That's really all I can say at this stage.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    If you do, you totally need to include Cad Bane's name in the title somehow.:p

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000

Nervous. Very, very, very nervous. If they do something stupid and continuity-breaking like making the Empire evil, I'm going to be PISSED.

5. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    on the other hand though they did pick an era which might be even less suited for a weekly children's cartoon than the clone wars. which is pretty impressive really if you think about it.

6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Please don't give Filoni any ideas... He will probably contradict canon with Cad Bane somehow.

DarthApprentice likes this.
  7. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    And just like that, I'm hoping they go really, really overboard on the whole Space Nazi angle :p

Ulicus and Starkeiller like this.
  8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    :p

Although I have to admit that the whole pre-Imperial parade group atmosphere of the prison thingie near the end of TCW was pretty sweet -- if they can get the Imperial aesthetic right, it might be fun.

And hey, they featured Monument Plaza in TCW..... maybe we'll see the Imperial Palace on screen at last! [face_praying]

9. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    tbh it would be pretty sweet if they remember that yularen is ISB and they have him like goose-stepping around slapping dissidents or something

10. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    "What if this was CG?"

MONSTER.

----

I like TCW by and large but I'm hoping for a higher standard of storytelling. Shame that we seem to have lost Underworld's ambition to get something that looks relatively safe though.

11. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I'm all for it. I'm slightly disappointed that it doesn't take place after ROTJ, as rumored. I feel it would have been nice to have the animated show that featured Luke, Han, and Leia post Endor. Especially since with the new movies coming out it would have been a good way to introduce them to the younger audience. Not to mention a chance for Thrawn to show up.

Still as is, it sound like a good idea and I'm looking forward to where it'll go. To tell the truth I was sold when I saw that the guy who did Spectacular Spider-Man and Gargoyles was involved.

12. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Thrawn can still show up. This will be the formative years of the Empire, after all. Could be cool to see a few of the future Grand Admirals. Of course, they'd most likely create new Grand Admirals...

13. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  14. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    MOFFERENCE the SERIES here we come! the epic adventures of the Moffship and its crew...

this is running paralell to droids so I demand crossover!!!

Plaristes likes this.
  15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    With a name like "Rebels," I'm sure everyone and their mothers would defeat the Empire in battles.

Esg likes this.
  16. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  17. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Esg if you don't mind my saying so the sheer variety of your reaction gifs library is kind of awe-inspiring

18. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    That's adorable.

19. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Hmm, that gave me an idea... Ahsoka Tano, founder of Rogue Squadron?

20. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Don't make me vomit.

21. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    The gutsy move would be to kill Ahsoka off in the first episode. ;)

22. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Well, at the very least it is something to talk about - and while I do have many, many complaints about TCW, I enjoyed it overall. Particularly in its willingness to add new planets, machines, and races to the Galaxy, which makes me more hopeful about this series than most set in a very crowded time period, since they just tend to be twilek and wookiees getting involved in x-wings fighting tie fighters over generic earth like planets.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Too early for that, not that that'd stop them. :p

I'm sure we'll see 'Commander Tano' as part of the Alliance though... [face_sick]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This will be interesting to say the least.

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

"You thought we could not reach you. You were wrong."

;)

Actually looking forward to this. Smart move to get the kiddies up to speed on the OT era before the ST hits. I like the Ralph angle they're supposedly taking.

Not to mention its in a pretty open continuity span (more so than CW by leaps and bounds). It could have been a lot worse though- I think we all feared a post-Yavin setting.

One request: Dave, you have my full permission to contradict the living Piell out of That Bail Thing from TFU. Seriously, just go for it, I beg you.