main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Thank god I wasn't the only one to get the Signs vibe [face_rofl]

ManWithoutAStar likes this.
  2. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017

Right? I was scared as hell for years since I have seen the movie. I hope Rukh will not bring some of that back :D I want to be enjoying Star Wars, not covering in corner out of fear :D

3. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That had to be a deliberate thing lol

4. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    NOOOO! You monster!

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    One thing I wondered - when did Noghri become hairless?

Leia took a step forward and offered him her hand, acutely aware that she had just committed an irrevocable act of trust. From here, if he so chose, he could pull her to him and snap her neck before anyone outside could possibly intervene.
    He didn’t pull her toward him. Leaning forward, holding her hand in an oddly gentle grip, he raised it to his snout and pressed it against two large nostrils half hidden beneath strands of hair.
    And smelled it.

Most EU art tends to depict them as scaly and bald (though some TTT comic images show them with hair, pulled back.

6. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    This Noghri looks most like the Noghri from Jedi Academy.
    [​IMG]

MercenaryAce and spicer like this.
  7. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Hair is very hard to animate and given that Rebels only got 15 episodes for their last season, it stands to reason that their budget wasn't expanded. Disney is probably already trying to tone down their investment in Rebels.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  8. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    That's fair but Noghri have been hairless and reptilian in art for a very long time.

Vthuil and Iron_lord like this.
  9. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    BobaMatt: Looks like something you'd see in a photo array. Officer, that's the man who robbed the Sith'n'Easy. I'm certain of it!

Daneira and Vthuil like this.
  10. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Having seen the first one, I can tell you that those 15 will be some kick-*** episodes. The animation quality has come up leaps and bounds from the show's beginning, and if they were able to compress an entire season's budget into 15 episodes, it means they can play a lot more and really do some crazy stuff.

11. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I'm guessing that's why Dave cut it down from 22 to 15. So he could use his limited budget on a smaller number of better quality episodes.

12. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    In terms of proportions and posture he most reminds me of the original Essential Guide Khabarakh actually, if...somewhat less horrifying.

[​IMG]
    It didn't make much sense back then, either.

13. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014
    But he's holding a thermal detonator!

Clearly has a taste for disintigrations

14. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  15. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I dunno - the battle itself may be decided, but not the fate of the heroes in it.

Personally, despite Hoth being overused a bit, I generally liked resisting famous battles from different perspective in Star Wars, from the various tie games to the Battle of Naboo to the Blade Squadron story.

Daneira and BobaMatt like this.
  16. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Right, it's possible to tell a totally different story within that battle.

Revanfan1, Daneira and MercenaryAce like this.
  17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I rewatched Siege of Lothal yesterday and goodness, it's actually remarkable how far the show has come in animation.

Revanfan1 and Jedi Princess like this.
  18. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    And Siege of Lothal itself is noticeably prettier than the start of Season 1.

19. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I'm suspecting that there won't be some large, knock down space battle in Season Four. Thematically, it's apparent in Rogue One that assembling the Rebel Fleet for battle is something unprecedented. I suspect that post-battle of Atollon that the Alliance is hesitant to commit it's fleet to battle. Afterall, we know that by Rogue One that many members of the Rebel Council, such as Senator Vasp Vaspar, would rather keep the fleet hidden and focus on building up it's strength. The early Alliance to Restore the Republic would remember Atollon and be hesitant to concentrate a lot of ships in one place, plus they are still in the early stages of building up the fleet at Telaris.

Now, just because we don't get a fleet battle, I do hope we see the fleet. To not have Raddus and the Profundity or Ackbar and Home One would be a shame. I'm thinking we'll get more Mon Cala this season, plus a chance to see the Rebel Council in action. The Saw/Mothma split appears to be a focus this season, so I hope to see it played out in meetings with other Rebel leaders as well.

--Adm. Nick

CooperTFN and vncredleader like this.
  20. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Where on earth did I get the feline vibe from with the Noghri?

21. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Unless it ends with Scarif? It's weird -- Filoni said he'd like to go there but we've only got one season left.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

22. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I think this season's end will basically be Rogue One/Scarif. Remember, the Ghost crew only played a part in the battle. Rogue One and Raddus were leading the battle on the ground and space respectively. I think we'll get Scarif from the perspective of the Ghost crew, which would fit in relatively easily within the format of a series finale.

23. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I thougth Filoni backtracked on Scarif? Regarding Rogue One, an easy way to wrap up the series would be for Kanan and Ezra to take a long term stay on Jedha city to investigate Jedi origins, and then just end the series at that....

Vialco and Daneira like this.
  24. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Filoni said we won't get Scarif as the season finale. Probably we don't see it at all in Rebels.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

Daneira likes this.
  25. Zohar

Zohar Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2017
    Better that way. This is the story of the REBELS, not Jin Erso and Rogue One.

Vialco likes this.