main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Oh I'm not basing that comment off Ezra's performance against Vader. I've got many other examples of Ezra's buffoonery.

Also, why do you put everything in spoiler tags? There's no spoiler in your above post.

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...I didn't put anything in spoiler tags.

revan772 likes this.
  3. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Does Ezra even want to be a Jedi anymore? I got the impression after his chat with Kenobi that he's just going to be a Rebel now. It seems that once Kenobi talked him out of trying to destroy the Sith, Ezra just decided being a Jedi wasn't worth the work if he's not even going to be the one to destroy the Sith.

Ezra probably also probably realizes that being a Jedi doesn't equal actively destroying the Empire. Kenobi is a Jedi, yet refused Ezra's pleas to have him take an active part in the Alliance. Ezra wants to actively take down the Empire, and maybe he realizes he doesn't need to be a Jedi for that (considering a full-fledged Jedi Master prefers to stay out of the Alliance, that probably throws Ezra's entire reasoning up till now for being a Jedi out the window).

4. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    There's nothing contradictory between being a Jedi and a Rebel.

5. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Not objectively, but in Ezra's mind he might think so. He might have got that false impression from knowing of 2 Jedi Masters, Yoda and Kenobi, not actively helping the Rebellion...

6. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I don't disagree, but at the same time there have been plenty of sacrificial lambs on the Empires side. Rebels original villains have been dropping like flies. Not to say the Rebels shouldn't win,( The rebellion does after all triumph in the end.) but the constantly rotating cast of villains just tends to lose a little oomph. s4 is the first time the major villain of the last season is the major villain in the next.

I would have liked it if the GI had been playing cat and mouse with the rebels for four seasons, scoring wins where Vader and the other inquisitors would have, and failing likewise where they would have and developing a history and long running rivalry with the cast and audience, and s4 would be the big final showdown. Pryce would have taken Tarkins role from the beginning, a less inept Konstantine could have filled in the Thrawn role. Saxxon could have been a constant thorn in Sabines side instead of getting offed after two episodes in the third season. ect.

7. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I do hope they use some version of the Honoghr backstory--that's more interesting IMO than anything to do with Rukh personally.

8. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    It was handled wonderfully in the old Legends Clone Wars.

9. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Ezra isn't a real Jedi, he's just a Padawan Learner. And a very poor one at that.

"Jedi, is this your Padawan?"

"Most of the time."

"You're Jedi?"

"We try our best."

Ezra Bridger will never become a Jedi Knight . He's shackled by immaturity, petty fears and attachments.

10. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Mind you, those attachments are his strengths not his weakness.

11. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I agree, in the sense that Ezra's attachments saved him from going down a dark and lonely road.

But I have to wonder what would have become of Bridger if Kanan had never returned from his self-imposed exile. Left alone with his anger and self-blame and the seductive teachings of the Sith Holocron, how far along the dark path could Ezra have gone?

Because the Dark Side did do something for Ezra. It did make him focused. It made him stronger. It would have been interesting to see him progress along that path and take it to its logical end, without Kanan's interference.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
  13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    He didn't say not the owl!

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I don't understand. Were people speculating that Ahsoka reincarnated into a wolf, or something?

15. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
  16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

...Explain? This seems totally off-the-wall.

17. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Hooray for Mononoke Hime references!

18. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Who knows, really. Some of the cave paintings in the S4 trailer seem to show a spirit inside an animal's body (or vice versa), Filoni saying things along the lines of "Ahsoka lives but not in the way you're expecting", the art cards he drew depicting Ahsoka going on a spiritual journey into the underworld from Malachor, the final image of which was her entering a circular portal ringed with running wolves... probably a few other things as well, which presumably all point to her doing a cross between Yoda and Arya and going through a spiritual journey to connect with nature by leading a pack of wolves, which some fans have taken to be her literally transforming into the wolf Kanan's riding in the trailer.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  19. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Also, Filoni seemed to actively encourage speculation that the ominous owl ("convor") from the Malachor arc was a 'spirit animal' form of a character - possibly the Daughter of Mortis, who shared its color scheme - which helped put the idea in people's minds.

Personally, I thought the idea of Ahsoka literally, physically reincarnating as a wolf was ridiculous, but I could have bought its scenes actually being a Force vision Ezra was having where Ahsoka appeared as the wolf.

Barriss_Coffee and Revanfan1 like this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Filoni likes Wolves. Filoni likes Ahsoka. A merger of the two seems possible.

But if Ahsoka reincarnates in a different body, that means Darth Vader really did kill her! Ahhhh!!! Well, he DID say "Then you will die" and ignited his saber so that's a big hint. Although I'm personally hanging on to "Ahsoka is having some me time in the basement of a Sith temple"

21. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I'm just taking a wild guess here, but I suspect that she can communicate through the Wolf. Perhaps wherever she has ended up after her confrontation with Vader she has learned this ability?

I definitely think the daughter saved her for a specific purpose. Whether we learn this in Rebels or another series remains to be seen.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  22. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Maybe Ahsoka is Rukh.

23. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

BobaMatt and Sinrebirth like this.
  24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    "No, Luke... *****I***** am Ahsoka!"

[​IMG]

"No, I am Ahsoka!"
    [​IMG]

"I am Ahsoka!"
    [​IMG]

25. Palizinha

Palizinha Jedi Master star 1

Jul 12, 2015
    There's a bit of Ahsoka in all of us.

26. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    May the Ahsoka be with you, always.

She lives in you, she lives in me, she watches over
    everything we see. Into the water, into the truth,
    and in your reflection, she lives in you.
    [​IMG]
    It's the circle of Ahsoka
    And it moves us all
    Through despair and hope
    Through faith and love
    Till we find our place
    On the path unwinding
    In the circle
    The circle of Ahsoka

It's the circle of Ahsoka
    And it moves us all
    Through despair and hope
    Through faith and love
    Till we find our place
    On the path unwinding
    In the circle
    The circle of Ahsoka

BigAl6ft6, revan772 and CT1138 like this.
  27. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    [​IMG]

"I'M AHSOKA AND SO IS MY WIFE."

28. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017

BigAl6ft6 and SyndicThrass like this.
  29. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Possible spoilers for a vehicle's appearance in the new season?
    Gentle Giant has an AT-ACT bookend up for preorder (http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/collectibles/star-wars/at-act-walker-bookend-set?Click=203). In the description it says "The AT-ACT is larger version of the standard combat AT-AT walkers. As seen in Star Wars Rebels and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, the AT-ACT features a deployable cargo bed for the transportation of heavy building materials or combat munitions." The AT-ACT definitely hasn't shown up in Rebels yet, right? This bookend is supposed to release Q4 2017 so perhaps we can expect to see them in the new season? What do you all think?

BobaMatt likes this.
  30. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    So she transformed into a blogger.

So artistically done.

BigAl6ft6, revan772 and MercenaryAce like this.
  31. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011