main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Was it Yoda or just a image of Yoda?

2. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    I agree. Kanan and Ezra will have to be gone in some way...not necessarily death. But if they are part of the Rebellion, even if not technically Jedi, it would be pretty rediculousness they would not seek out and train Luke.

Anyway, when is the Season 4 premier? Do we know yet?

Also, can across this article: http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rebels-starkiller-force-unleashed/

Starkiller in Rebels could have been cool if done well.

Sent from Moto X-Wing

3. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    In the....two years since Yavin?

That's silly.

Luke has jobs to do for the Rebellion.

4. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Luke has been on a quest actively seeking out Jedi information. Is he terrible at investing, maybe? And no one would direct him to Kanan or Ezra? And vice versa. Strategically, the Rebels would be stupid to not connect them. It just doesn't work if they're still actively a part of the Rebellion post-Yavin.

Sent from Moto X-Wing

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Luke scored the Alliance their biggest victory by using the Force as an amateur. They'd be crazy not to see the potential in getting Luke trained ASAP.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Vialco likes this.
  6. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Luke is needed to stop the various hundreds of Imperial plots. He's not adventuring with Han and Leia because it's fun, it's because the Rebellion has no one else.

7. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    The same way we're getting a "Luke goes to Jedha" story now that Rogue One behind us, I have little doubt that once Rebels is over we're get some kind of thing shortly after Yavin where someone extols the virtues of the two brave Jedi who served with the Rebels a couple years back and what a shame it is that Luke didn't get to meet them.

TBH I'm still half expecting the next series to start with just that, finally integrating Hera & Co into the OT and going from there.

8. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Yet instead he spends a lot of time doing his own thing... because that's how he feels he can best help.

Sent from Moto X-Wing

9. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Well, it might go that way but I absolutely hope they don't. Kanan and Ezra should be in the Rebellion and Luke and it should be portrayed as not a big deal. They should also have a crossover comic at least once.

10. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I don't think Ezra should continue being a Jedi during the OT, but aside from Rex and Obi-Wan, the others don't necessarily know he's a Jedi. And Obi-Wan's a known liar.

Luke and Rex can't meet for a number of reasons. Rex worked beside Anakin, and Luke hardly knows anything about his father.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Apologies if this was brought up before, but, it appears that Starkiller/Galen Marek was almost an inquisitor in Rebels.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-force-unleasheds-absurd-protagonist-almost-returned-1797799936

Vialco, Revanfan1, AV-6R7 and 3 others like this.
  12. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Rex was with them on Endor. Why would this be kept secret from Dodonna? He's with them, currently. Whatever happens in the Season 4, they'll be in the Rebellion together between seasons. Everyone else in the late Commander Sato's cell knew. Them having a Jedi on their side is the kinda info that spreads.

13. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I forget, what's the Luke goes to Jedha story?

14. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002

Stop trying to steal my thunder!

Sent from Moto X-Wing

spicer likes this.
  15. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Gillen's first arc in the SW ongoing comic, starting this fall IIRC.

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    I wouldn't say that Maul was offed "unceremoniously". Aside from the final duel, which I've grown to dislike, it was a well-executed send-off. Much better than what Ahsoka got, for sure.

17. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    About that idea of Starkiller being an Inquisitor, im glad it didn't happen because a new character is a better idea. Seeing a new Inquisitor character grow in the ranks of the organization, possibly even having a closer connection to Vader then your usual Inquisitor.

The best path with that would also be to avoid the secret apprentice crap.

And no appearing in Rebels, because the writers would just have the urge to kill him off in the final season to make the scooby gang look good.

Instead he could be used to further expand the origination in literature (Star Wars: Inquisitor, an ongoing series). Could even become the protagonist in a Imperial perspective video game that strives to not be a Force Unleashed Clone. I would prefer 1st person perspective (like dark forces). Dark Forces could use a spiritual sequel in the new continuity.

spicer likes this.
  18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm hoping Mara Jade and Starkiller will both show up as Inquisitors.

Also, the Inquisition isn't gone.

Only a couple of more died.

19. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Rex was not with them on Endor. Rex is not Nik Sant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    I actually want the opposite. I want Luke to hear as many positive stories about Anakin Skywalker as possible. He needs to have a basis for his belief that there is still good in Vader.

Otherwise, I don't know where in the world he gets that notion from after dear old dad chops off his hand and offers him to join or die.

Rex would be the Perfect instrument to deliver tales of the good and great things Anakin Skywalker did. Otherwise, why would Luke want to redeem Vader? His whole life Owen was bad mouthing Anakin and the Jedi fighting in the Clone War.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

21. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    You're both wrong, it hasn't been confirmed either way yet. Filoni wants Rex to be on Endor, there's reason to believe he's "Nik Sant," but we don't know if it's official yet. Let's just leave it at that until we are told either way.

22. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I don't think there's reason to believe a Maori somehow turned into a white guy, no.

23. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Oops, sorry. Didn't read the past few pages of this thread before posting :p

24. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Except for the art shown at celebration detailing how Rex's Season 4 look lines up to the rebel we see on Endor.

[​IMG]

That and Dave has hinted it several times.

25. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Just because Dave wants it to be true does not mean it should be. That's an unnecessary retcon that doesn't even account for the clones' phenotype.